Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Packers @ Lions Thread

Hughes I have to admit I'm coming around to your view on Ebron.

They need to get this kid the ball. He was wide open on seam route with nobody within 5 yards of him. Stafford looked like he was going to him, but the pass was batted down at the LOS. It was an easy 6.

On the other hand our d only gave up 7 points to Rogers. Our offense only put up 7 and a field goal

Gotta say today turned out to be a shock. If you would have told me we wouldn't be able to protect the QB, we'd turn it over 3 times, lose a starting LB in the 1st quarter, miss another fucking FG and only score 1 offensive TD I would have thought we lost by at least 21 points. Instead we won by 12 points. Strange day for sure. The defense was great.

Weird game, but we won! So fuck the Packers this may be our year even if 8-8 sows up the division again.

On the other hand our d only gave up 7 points to Rogers. Our offense only put up 7 and a field goal

To me, Rodgers looked really confused by what we did. It really seamed like he had no idea what coverages we were getting into at the snap. I don't even think he threw a pass more than 15 yards downfield.

Great game by Austin.

Stafford was good after the picks. The deep ball to CJ was just a terrible decision. Forced that one. The other was just a high fastball that Fuller couldn't handle. He didn't make any wow throws, but moved the chains.

I thought Lombardi wasn't very good most of the game. It was clear that Reynolds couldn't handle Peppers and he wouldn't help him. That sack fumble was 95% on Lombardi. Some really suspect calls along the way, too. Not his best game.

Lucas played the 4th quarter pretty well.

Slay was really fuckin good today. Could we actually have a top tier CB?

To me, Rodgers looked really confused by what we did. It really seamed like he had no idea what coverages we were getting into at the snap. I don't even think he threw a pass more than 15 yards downfield.

Great game by Austin.

Stafford was good after the picks. The deep ball to CJ was just a terrible decision. Forced that one. The other was just a high fastball that Fuller couldn't handle. He didn't make any wow throws, but moved the chains.

I thought Lombardi wasn't very good most of the game. It was clear that Reynolds couldn't handle Peppers and he wouldn't help him. That sack fumble was 95% on Lombardi. Some really suspect calls along the way, too. Not his best game.

Lucas played the 4th quarter pretty well.

Slay was really fuckin good today. Could we actually have a top tier CB?

Really impressed by Austin and that D. You're right. Rodgers looked confused. Impressive to hold a top 5 Offense to 7 points..wow.

Stafford INTS didn't bother me. The fastball to Fuller was high but catchable and the 2nd one was basically good as a punt. Caldwell even said it after the game. He settled in and moved the chains and played an ok game. I'll take it.

I was very impressed with Slay. He shut down Nelson.

Last edited:
Slays confidence is growing and he locked down Nelson who was leading the league. Great game plan by Austin.

So many highlight shows begin the reel with "Lions defense was the story of the day." When is the last time you heard THAT sentence? To hold Aaron Rodgers to 7 points with this banged up secondary is nothing short of miraculous. Kudos to Teryl Austin for getting these guys ready to play, whether it be the vets or the practice squad call-ups. Great game calling and great execution. Now if only this offense can clean their shit up and look more like opening night. I wanna see some POINTS next week against the Piss Jets, dammit!!!

Last edited:
I expected Rodgers to shred us apart. I think we all did. So many injuries in an already piss poor secondary, it was just bound to happen.

But it would seem the Green Bay O-Line is just as suspect as our secondary, and facing just as many injuries.

Our D-Line was able to get pressure on the pocket all day, and Rodgers wasn't able to compensate with his feet. Our linebackers took away throwing lanes. It was a hell of a defensive effort from the front 7.

Thus far, three games in, I am impressed with Austin as a coordinator. If he can keep this D playing the way it has the first three games, two of them against upper tier QBs in Rodgers and Newton, we have a chance to win any game on the schedule.

Not sure I can remember the last time I said that about the Lions.

But it would seem the Green Bay O-Line is just as suspect as our secondary, and facing just as many injuries..

I honestly think the Lions Oline is just as suspect as the Packers is at this point.

I honestly think the Lions Oline is just as suspect as the Packers is at this point.

I don't. They're starting a rookie at center and Derek Sherrod at RT. That's two very bad players. Our main weakness currently is RT. The rest of the line is fine in my opinion.

Last edited:

Most of the pressure is from the Rigth Tackle spot. Peppers had a huge day. This hopefully is fixed when Waddle returns.

And kudos to the secondary. Rodgers was under pressure only 5 times in this game. 2 sacks and 1/3. Slay, Mathis, Quin and IAQ brought it. Seisay did solid.

I don't. They're starting a rookie at center and Derek Sherrod at RT. That's two very bad players. Our main weakness currently is RT. The rest of the line is fine in my opinion.

Bulaga was back yesterday. We are starting 3rd/4th string Right Tackle. agreed thta is where the problem was.

Last edited:
GB has scored 36.3 points per game since this game

Back