Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 35 - Tigers vs. Orioles - May 13, 7:05 PM, Camden Yards

Thankfully True, just during the game many of us get pissed off at players, even Miggy right?
some more than others, but in the end we are all fans.

exactly right.

good day for us either way.

Turned out to be a very exciting game, best W of the season.

glad i didn't quit watching even though i was flipping back and forth to the NBA/NHL playoff games.

Did it again, Bob.

:cheers:

Thanks!!!! :) Lucky but I wanted Miggy to bat again tonight....

I was so sleepy through 6 innings... Wife woke up and needed a ice pack... So I got up and got it and started posting and trying to get some whammy's going... Cat's Socks...ate ice cream... UJ was really good for Baltimore tonight... I just thought after running out of that inning with hunter on third we needed to battle to get Miggy back up....
The guy is such a beast....
I so want him Jv and VM and Max and the Tigers and Tiger owner to get their ws ring this year..

He's certainly doing better than that 50% k rate he going on in April, would like to more aggressive consistency in fastball counts and plate protection with 2 strikes but yes all in all getting better

I'm sorry guys I just have zero tolerance for bad at bats imdont know why yet I have all the tolerance in the world when the pitching is bad..how often do I whine about the pitching? Hardly ever! Joke once in a while about the pen maybe but you all rarely see me complaining about pitching..everyone has thier aggravation points some just express it more than others or express it first so others don't feel the need to...I always feel less compelled to express when listing to Jim and Dan as apposed to watching on fox detroit, Jim and Dan express it for me, mario and rod don't...lol. If this upsets anyone it shouldn't

You do know this is one of the best hitting teams in baseball right now thought, right?

By this time last year the Tigers had been shutout three times. This year only once. Consistency is the key to success.

exactly right.

good day for us either way.

Turned out to be a very exciting game, best W of the season.

glad i didn't quit watching even though i was flipping back and forth to the NBA/NHL playoff games.

I have to admit after Hunter was out at third I watched the last 3 minutes of the Rangers win in game 7 over Pittsburgh..

Thanks!!!! :) Lucky but I wanted Miggy to bat again tonight....

I was so sleepy through 6 innings... Wife woke up and needed a ice pack... So I got up and got it and started posting and trying to get some whammy's going... Cat's Socks...ate ice cream... UJ was really good for Baltimore tonight... I just thought after running out of that inning with hunter on third we needed to battle to get Miggy back up....
The guy is such a beast....
I so want him Jv and VM and Max and the Tigers and Tiger owner to get their ws ring this year..

I did eat some grapes during the ninth, just doing my part :nod:

BnkFRptIQAAxDbQ.jpg

I have to admit after Hunter was out at third I watched the last 3 minutes of the Rangers win in game 7 over Pittsburgh..

Yeah that was nice to see, definitely going to be a coaching change in Pittsburgh after that debacle.

I'm hoping for a Wild/Rangers SCF, lesser of the evils left.

Thanks S...
]You guys are so damn fast with the computers... Nice call... I like both our tv and radio broadcast teams.. I know some find Price hard to listen to but I think he is funny and I like when he talks about the 68 tigers...

Dickerson is my favorite, I can tolerate Price because of him. For me though, the TV broadcasts are unwatchable because I despise Rod so much and Mario is meh.

Dickerson is my favorite, I can tolerate Price because of him. For me though, the TV broadcasts are unwatchable because I despise Rod so much and Mario is meh.

Mario's broadcast style always makes me feel like he'd rather be doing something else, cleaning his gutters or painting a picket fence. Maybe because Dickerson is so animated and excitable in contrast. I love that Dan is such a fan of the game he even goes gaga over an outstanding play that might cost us a run.

Price has some strange mannerisms, and many people hate that he makes a smacking sound when he talks a lot [oral cancer drugs give him dry mouth] and he is whimsical to the point of silliness at times, but he also knows a lot about the finer details of pitching. No matter how much a person knows about baseball, you can learn a lot from listening to Dan and Jim, whereas you actually lose IQ points the longer you hear Rod speak. And don;t get me started on C'Mo.

They are ok... I know they are homers but some home teams announcers are so much worse then Rod and Mario... Hawk for the WS comes to mind.. Sometimes I think Rod and Mario praise the other team to much.. Love Dickerson... Makes games on radio great just like my youth and Ernie Harwell...

Mario's broadcast style always makes me feel like he'd rather be doing something else, cleaning his gutters or painting a picket fence. Maybe because Dickerson is so animated and excitable in contrast. I love that Dan is such a fan of the game he even goes gaga over an outstanding play that might cost us a run.

Price has some strange mannerisms, and many people hate that he makes a smacking sound when he talks a lot [oral cancer drugs give him dry mouth] and he is whimsical to the point of silliness at times, but he also knows a lot about the finer details of pitching. No matter how much a person knows about baseball, you can learn a lot from listening to Dan and Jim, whereas you actually lose IQ points the longer you hear Rod speak. And don;t get me started on C'Mo.

That is true about the radio team... I am not as down on the tv team as some.

You do know this is one of the best hitting teams in baseball right now thought, right?

By this time last year the Tigers had been shutout three times. This year only once. Consistency is the key to success.

But this year like last year those numbers are inflated by our big showings and help hide when we actually have anemic days. Aside from 2 swings today by Miggy and Victor, today's performance was lackluster, but when the other team only scores once because of solid pitching, we don't notice as much.

Consistency is not a word I would use to describe this offense. I would call it Volcanic. Often dormant but always capable of erupting in great waves of devastation.

Just my opinion but I think Mario would be alot better if he wasn't paired with Rod Allen, I think he sounds bored because Rod Allen is so boring himself and repetitive.

Craig Monroe might be the worst Detroit sports analyst i've seen, but the Pistons have Mateen Cleaves who is cringe worthy as well. Tough to say who's worse out of those two.

Baltimore is brining up rookie Kevin Gausman to go againts JV tommorrow instead of Chen
FSD reports this is at least in part due showalter not wanting to throw a left hander againts the tigers offense as the stat data shows they haven't been as good againts righties so far this year..

Back