Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Bears @ Lions Thread

No, they just shit on a 3-0 bears team and dropped 40 on them. Everybody is saying we aren't legit until we beat a wining team, we just did convincingly.

Nothing but positivity this week.

I wanted to see them put a dagger in the Bears, not watch the Lions let them crawl back into the game and make it look like just a loss for the Bears.

Still glad our boys won, just hated the stress at the end that was just uncalled for.

Looking around the NFL through 4 weeks, I don't see any teams way above us in talent. A few that are obviously a little ahead of us, but that's it.

The O line has been great, when you give a QB like Stafford time and open holes for a weapon like Bush, it's going to be tough to stop us. We have 2 of the 10 most dynamic offensive players in the NFL in Johnson and Bush.

I cannot believe how well Suh has played this year, he's the most dominant defensive player in the NFL right now. He can have 1 tackle and still have dominated the whole game, with Suh and Fairly, the Lions absolutely cave in the interior of the O line every snap. I've seen Suh get penetration through triple teams this year.

When you're looking like a good team, you have to strike while the iron is hot, the shelf life is so short in the NFL, look at Houston who looked like a Super Bowl contender the last couple years and now they look like their time has passed. You have to win now. Why not the Lions? Why not now?

Looking around the NFL through 4 weeks, I don't see any teams way above us in talent. A few that are obviously a little ahead of us, but that's it.

The O line has been great, when you give a QB like Stafford time and open holes for a weapon like Bush, it's going to be tough to stop us. We have 2 of the 10 most dynamic offensive players in the NFL in Johnson and Bush.

I cannot believe how well Suh has played this year, he's the most dominant defensive player in the NFL right now. He can have 1 tackle and still have dominated the whole game, with Suh and Fairly, the Lions absolutely cave in the interior of the O line every snap. I've seen Suh get penetration through triple teams this year.

When you're looking like a good team, you have to strike while the iron is hot, the shelf life is so short in the NFL, look at Houston who looked like a Super Bowl contender the last couple years and now they look like their time has passed. You have to win now. Why not the Lions? Why not now?

I agree with you we have to do it this year or next for sure...

Still glad our boys won, just hated the stress at the end that was just uncalled for.

Seriously, I needed two blood pressure pills.

I could have just gone to Magic Mountain and ridden the freakin' Demon Drop.

Calvin moves up 2 spots today on the all time WR yards list to #80 at 8148 yards passing Webster slaughter and sterling sharp

Seriously, I needed two blood pressure pills.

I could have just gone to Magic Mountain and ridden the freakin' Demon Drop.

Right??? I dont think I spoke the last 4 minutes of the game. I was just sitting there thinking "not again". This taking their foot off thd gas shit needs to stop.

Cuntler really looked haggard on the Bears sideline with his helmet off....as if he was amidst a month-long bender.

I wanted to see them put a dagger in the Bears, not watch the Lions let them crawl back into the game and make it look like just a loss for the Bears.

I'd say we were so far ahead in the 3rd quarter that the strip sack fairley touchdown was the dagger. They weren't gonna come back.

I'd say we were so far ahead in the 3rd quarter that the strip sack fairley touchdown was the dagger. They weren't gonna come back.

I just can't allow myself to feel comfortable with a lead any less than 28pts. That's outlandish but they have to earn the "game is out of reach" trust after blowing so many games. Hell, they blew the arizona game lol

I wasn't too worried, year right Mitch ;-). I thought after CJ caught that big first down things were smooth, running out the clock. And then Bell fumbled. And then I started getting nervous again..

Not gonna lie.. when Bell fumbled I about pissed myself, which could just be a reflection of my age all in all.

However, they do call it garbage time for a reason. The Lions didn't play tight defense, they just let the Bears dink and dunk and run down the clock on themselves.

I don't think they expected the Bears to put up 16 in the final minutes, but they were willing to give up some scores in exchange for minutes.

Not gonna lie.. when Bell fumbled I about pissed myself, which could just be a reflection of my age all in all.

However, they do call it garbage time for a reason. The Lions didn't play tight defense, they just let the Bears dink and dunk and run down the clock on themselves.

I don't think they expected the Bears to put up 16 in the final minutes, but they were willing to give up some scores in exchange for minutes.

i wonder why they benched slay again. he seemed to have a decent game and played the Jeffrey back shoulder TD about as good as you can play it. Green came in and didn't look very good.

Houston got hurt so it was slay and green with no mathis and houston. Garbage time against backups

ahhh got it. didn't notice Houston was out. nothing serious I hope?

Didn't see it but its listed as a leg injury so it could be anything, probably just kept him out as a precaution since the score was so lopsided. On a side note its interesting that the bears said Mathis lost consciousness so he wasn't allowed to return even though he passed 2 tests, foul play?

Last edited:
http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/9/29/4784468/lions-injury-report-rashean-mathis-chris-houston

The Detroit Lions' starting cornerbacks were unable to finish Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears, and it showed. The Bears picked on Darius Slay and Jonte Green down the stretch when they made things a bit interesting with a couple touchdowns and two-point conversions. With the Green Bay Packers coming up next, the Lions can't afford to be shorthanded in the secondary.

So what's the word on Rashean Mathis and Chris Houston? Let's start with Mathis, who left early on because of an apparent concussion. It turns out that Mathis said that he was actually cleared to return by the Lions' doctors, according to Kyle Meinke, but the Bears' doctors did not allow him to come back. The Bears' doctors attended to Mathis first, and they apparently claimed that he lost consciousness, according to Carlos Monarrez. As a result, Mathis wasn't allowed to play, but the fact that the Lions' doctors did clear him seems to be a good sign for his status going forward.

As for Houston, he left Sunday's game with a leg injury, per Dave Birkett. He was on the injury report leading up to the Bears game with a hand injury, so add this to the list of ailments he's dealing with. It's not clear at this time if he could miss next week's game because of the injury.

In other injury news, offensive tackle Jason Fox is closer to returning, per Brad Galli. Fox practiced all week, but he was inactive for Sunday's game. Given how well Corey Hilliard seems to be playing, I wonder if Fox will even start at right tackle when he is healthy enough to play.

Finally, running back Reggie Bush returned to action on Sunday after missing a week with a knee injury. Bush was actually nervous about how his knee would respond to returning, according to Lindsay Czarniak, but his numbers really speak for themselves: 173 total yards and a touchdown.

Back