Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 53 Blue Jays @ Tigers : May 26th, 2024 11:30 Am Start

Wow ! Least they won this mess of a game !. We scored Runs ! 2 LaPorta Td's!

Funny how some of us think we know more than Hinch. All about matchups with Kelly home run and the rest of the team hitting. Vierling sucks until he hits the walkoff.
I actually saw an inning with Holton walking a batter and a hit and then Foley came in. I turned it after the runs scored to make it 9 - 8.
They need this win going to play the pirates and if the rookie pitcher starts and after they go to the shithole in Boston for the next series.

Funny how some of us think we know more than Hinch. All about matchups with Kelly home run and the rest of the team hitting. Vierling sucks until he hits the walkoff.
I actually saw an inning with Holton walking a batter and a hit and then Foley came in. I turned it after the runs scored to make it 9 - 8.
They need this win going to play the pirates and if the rookie pitcher starts and after they go to the shithole in Boston for the next series.
Managers aren't always smart because they get it right now and then. Kelly over Carp still made no sense. I'm glad it all worked out but Hinch is still an idiot.

Every amature manager on earth asked why AJ Hinch didn't PH Carpenter for Kelly...Kelly then hits a 3 run HR..to make it 8-3.

Mize allowed 2 runs 7 hits 2 BB in 4 IP..has struck out ZERO ..somehow he managed to get 12 outs.
If Mize cannot develop his split to get strike 3..he's..not a pitcher worth keeping..he needs one swing and miss finishing pitch...

Matt Vierling 7/38 RISP on the year hits a walk off 3R HR his second of the day..both pulled to win in walkoff fashion.

Jason Foley was throwing in the 94's today..somebody needs to answer why.

The Avila disaster at the beginning of the 2017 season..Chris Illitch wasted almost 6 years..Tigers have a stellar organization now..what they don't have is a POBO the caliber of the infrastructure..its a weird hostage situation from an owner who is flat out baseball clueless.
Remember all the weird useless waiver claims Scott Harris has made searching for BP arms..none of them since Holton has proved shrewd..and now..its a problem.

As soon as DET has anyone worth recalling from TOL..Joey Wentz is toast..9.2 IP 19 base runners in May. teams are hitting .417 vs his 4S.

Detroit Tigers injury update: Jackson Jobe making progress in return from hamstring injury.
Freep

Ryan Garko on Roberto Campos and how player development has really tried to get him to hit the ball in the air more often..the results beginning to show .813 OPS 17 XBH 9 2B 5 3B 3 HR2 6 RBI.

Reese Olson's 1.92 ERA is the 5th-best mark in baseball.

Managers aren't always smart because they get it right now and then. Kelly over Carp still made no sense. I'm glad it all worked out but Hinch is still an idiot.
Bud, he knows more about matchups than any of us do.

Vierling and Kelly were in the lineup because of a lefty starter. They did all their damage vs the right handed relievers. Trying to credit that to AJ is comical

Matt Vierling crushes walk-off homer as Tigers win a wild one.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Video highlights of the Tigers win over the bluejays.

Tigers 14 - Blue Jays 11: Vierling walks it off to win slugfest.
Murder Kittens Go Boom.
BYBTB

Matt Vierling, Tigers walk off Blue Jays in slugfest.
Detnews

Matt Vierling's 3-run walk-off home run gives Detroit Tigers electric 14-11 win over Jays.
Freep

Tigers finish wild 14-11 win over Jays with walk-off blast.
Mlive

Vierling and Kelly were in the lineup because of a lefty starter. They did all their damage vs the right handed relievers. Trying to credit that to AJ is comical
Hinch knows a lot more than you. What's comical is how you curse a player and then are happy when he comes through. He kept them in there and they produced. He must have had a feeling about them. righty lefty be damned. Hinch has been managing for years. You have been here screaming about players for the same amount of time. I will take Hinch as manager over you or anyone else in this game thread.

Hinch knows a lot more than you. What's comical is how you curse a player and then are happy when he comes through. He kept them in there and they produced. He must have had a feeling about them. righty lefty be damned. Hinch has been managing for years. You have been here screaming about players for the same amount of time. I will take Hinch as manager over you or anyone else in this game thread.
So you've never complained about a manager, GM or owner? Or questioned them? You must not have because they know more than us. Right.

So you've never complained about a manager, GM or owner? Or questioned them? You must not have because they know more than us. Right.
I don't remember getting pissed at Hinch, compared to the last few managers including Leyland.
When it comes to the owner the Ilitch's and the GM's ,we all have doubts, and about this guy and of course Avila.
Even DD could never find relievers for the bullpen.

I don't remember getting pissed at Hinch, compared to the last few managers including Leyland.
When it comes to the owner the Ilitch's and the GM's ,we all have doubts, and about this guy and of course Avila.
Even DD could never find relievers for the bullpen.
That's the point. It should be okay to question them without "well they know more than us." AJ hasn't been over .500 since he's been here and has made mistakes. I should be able to mention that..

That's the point. It should be okay to question them without "well they know more than us." AJ hasn't been over .500 since he's been here and has made mistakes. I should be able to mention that..
I really don't see Hinch making nearly anywhere near the foolish moves that gardenhire, ausmus, or leyland made as managers, and they had some good, excellent, and great players compared to this bunch of players. But they really do know more about the matchups and how a player feels and other tangible or intangible things we don't have knowledge of. It is what they do with the information.

I really don't see Hinch making nearly anywhere near the foolish moves that gardenhire, ausmus, or leyland made as managers, and they had some good, excellent, and great players compared to this bunch of players. But they really do know more about the matchups and how a player feels and other tangible or intangible things we don't have knowledge of. It is what they do with the information.
So they know more it doesn't mean they're right every time. Did Matt Millen know more than us? Did Ralph Houk? Think about that..

Back