Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 59 Detroit Tigers @ Boston Red Sox June 2, 2024 10:35 a.m. MST

through 3 IP today Casey Mize last 3 GS 9 IP 22 H 12 R 5BB 4SO
Casey Mize has zero capacity to throw anything except a FB for a strike

When you look at how many good young players and pitchers BOS has..and their best young player Cassas is on the DL..they have Mayer about to play SS..you wonder how..Chaim Bloom got fired..and I ask again..why on earth did Chris Illitch not hire him.

A. J. Hinch deflecting questions today about the possibility of sending Spencer Torkelson down to Toledo. He's not in the lineup for today's game.
JH Malloy not in the lineup even though there's a lefty on the mound for Scranton.

Does Spencer Torkelson need demotion to Triple-A? This time, A.J. Hinch didn't say no.
Freep

on the premise Spencer Torkelson can't hit velocity, Torkelson's capacity to hit FB 95 and greater in the last 3 years..the data without question confirms the premise..

ENDLESS excuses for POBO Scott Harris. know this,
games won in 2023
CLE 76
KCR 56
DET 78
games won 2024
CLE 38-19 99M
KCR 35-24 116M
DET 28-30 106M

June 2, 2010: Detroit Tigers pitcher Armando Galarraga is robbed of a perfect game vs. the Cleveland Indians/Guardians after a blown call by umpire Jim Joyce!

The handwriting was on the wall from earlier postings.

Tigers To Option Spencer Torkelson To Triple-A.
MLBTR

OF Justyn-Henry Malloy promoted to Detroit, Spencer Torkelson optioned in huge transaction.
Fans have been calling for the Tigers to make this swap for weeks, and it’s finally happening.
BYBTB

Tigers reportedly calling up No. 6 prospect for MLB debut, sending down struggling slugger.
MCBTB

Detroit Tigers option former No. 1 overall pick Spencer Torkelson to Triple-A Toledo.
Freep

Tigers promoting rookie slugger from Toledo.
Mlive

MONDAY MUSINGS.
Totally Tigers

I hope Malloy has success in Detroit, but I have my doubts. The scouting report is that he can't hit a breaking ball. He is going to see a lot of them in Detroit.

Turning The Corner Tigers Podcast 158. Detroit Tigers Adjustments: Detroit Tigers with Cody Stavenhagen & Kieran Steckley. 64 minutes.
The Detroit Tigers managed another .500 week with all the ups and downs of a baseball season. The Athletic's Cody Stavenhagen & co-host Kieran Steckley discuss. Topics include Spencer Torkelson, Kerry Carpenter, Casey Mize, Matt Vierling, Riley Greene, Javier Baez, Justyn-Henry Malloy, Reece Olson.

Back