Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 59 Detroit Tigers @ Boston Red Sox June 2, 2024 10:35 a.m. MST

Theyre heading for the exits, but i expect to see englert, so who knows?
He pitched two innings two nights ago, so Brieske is fresher. Edit: nvm, I didn’t notice that the first two batters were lefties.

Tigers earn series split with extra-innings win over Red Sox.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Video highlights of the Tigers win over the red sox.

Tigers 8 - Red Sox 4 (F/10): It all started with a dribbler to third.
A tight game was broken open in the tenth by the batters at the bottom of the order.
BYBTB

Tigers explode for four runs in 10th, notch series split with 8-4 victory over Red Sox.
Detnews

Detroit Tigers finish comeback in extra innings for 8-4 win over Boston Red Sox.
Freep

Tigers score 4 in 10th inning to beat Red Sox in extras.
Mlive

Hopefully they can get him on the right track. He won't ever live up to being picked 1.1, but he's hit 30 homers in 2 of his 3 full professional seasons. So he's got something in there. People just need to get over the #1 overall pick label and readjust their expectations. I'm thinking some of you would rather be right that he sucks than hope he becomes a league average player.

Hopefully they can get him on the right track. He won't ever live up to being picked 1.1, but he's hit 30 homers in 2 of his 3 full professional seasons. So he's got something in there. People just need to get over the #1 overall pick label and readjust their expectations. I'm thinking some of you would rather be right that he sucks than hope he becomes a league average player.
I hope he gets his swing right. We need those Homer's he hit last season. Hopefully he comes back better then ever.

2 of 3? Anyway, I don't think anyone cares if he's 1.1. Problem is he's limited in his skill set. He will never hit for average so he has to hit HRs to be successful which has to be pressure to swing for the fences all the time .. And I hear a lot of former players say it's not a successful strategy.. If he can be a 100 OPS+ he can be in the league a long while. No all star but he can make himself a career.. I don't think anyone wants him to fail, we're all Tigers fans.

Back