Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 8: Cowboys @ Lions Thread

Amazing, Cowboys fans on ESPN commenting that the refs screwed them in this game and there was holding on Staff's TD.

Holding?! The O-Line didn't bother standing up.

Don't ever doubt these Detroit Lions. Great win!!!!

Stafford/Calvin is good enough for playoffs

I love how Hughes disappeared and deleted some of his posts as soon as Staff jumped over the pile.

Shows he really isn't a fan....just here to troll!

Bwahahahahahahaha!

I have never seen Hughes hide from his comments. He's a downer at times, but he is a man who says it when he's wrong, and stands up for what he says.

If he has posts missing, a mod deleted them, not him. I don't buy it.

Both of those last two catches were something.. Both Durham and CJ were blasted..

running-around-smiley-emoticon.gif

Stafford is becoming great! Second win he willed us to this year. Guy is tough as nails.

I have never seen Hughes hide from his comments. He's a downer at times, but he is a man who says it when he's wrong, and stands up for what he says.

I agree. And downer or not a win means we're all happpy

Amazing, Cowboys fans on ESPN commenting that the refs screwed them in this game and there was holding on Staff's TD.

Holding?! The O-Line didn't bother standing up.

Stafford is the only person in that entire stadium or watching on tv that knew he was going to do that...and I'm confident he only made up his mind to do that about a tenth of a second before the ball was snapped to him.

When we declined that penalty on the Cowgirls final drive, should the clock have continued running?? Did the refs botch that or am I missing something??

I'll take it back if someone can find me the post in the game thread where he says the whole team sucks.

I was going to comment on it and it's gone.

I agree. And downer or not a win means we're all happpy

Anyone not happy right now, go find another board for at least today. I think we'd all like to celebrate a come-back win.

Let's be honest ... NONE of us (LKP included) expected that win with a minute left on the clock and no time outs.

We've all criticized the Lions for not "knowing how to win", but they sure showed us they learned something today!

Way to go boys! WAY TO FUCKING GO!

Anyone not happy right now, go find another board for at least today. I think we'd all like to celebrate a come-back win.

Let's be honest ... NONE of us (LKP included) expected that win with a minute left on the clock and no time outs.

We've all criticized the Lions for not "knowing how to win", but they sure showed us they learned something today!

Hell yes. I'm probably "Hughes Light" and I'm ecstatic. I'm dying for game like this where Detroit shows they're different than their predecessors.

When we declined that penalty on the Cowgirls final drive, should the clock have continued running?? Did the refs botch that or am I missing something??

No declined or not the penalty stops the clock.

I love how Hughes disappeared and deleted some of his posts as soon as Staff jumped over the pile.

Shows he really isn't a fan....just here to troll!

Bwahahahahahahaha!

LOLOLOLOL I've noticed for awhile that my pessimism is better than my optimism on game day, so I try not to get too high during these games. But who wouldn't be glad after stealing a win like that?

I was "hopeful" when we got it back. But I absolutely thought it was over when we blew the 4th down play earlier. Dallas not being conservative may have hurt them. Could have taken more time off the clock or made us use another TO.

Last edited:
Lions should have won that game by 17+. Deserved the win and took it no matter the 4th Quarter defense

two fumbles by our two best offensive weapons. Countless drops by WRs and a certain TE. A pick off the hands of CJ and another pick that was clearly on the QB. NO sacks, no defensive turnovers, didn't seem like we had good average starting field position on offense.

Despite all of that, we still win. Unbelievable.

Back