Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 8: Cowboys @ Lions Thread

two fumbles by our two best offensive weapons. Countless drops by WRs and a certain TE. A pick off the hands of CJ and another pick that was clearly on the QB. NO sacks, no defensive turnovers, didn't seem like we had good average starting field position on offense.

Despite all of that, we still win. Unbelievable.

That penalty was the big reason why we won. No penalty and we get the ball back with less than 20 seconds.

When we declined that penalty on the Cowgirls final drive, should the clock have continued running?? Did the refs botch that or am I missing something??

I think we have the option to run 10 seconds off the clock in that situation. But obviously we didn't want to do that.

Lions should have won that game by 17+. Deserved the win and took it no matter the 4th Quarter defense

I can agree with this. When you have a receiver over 300 yards, and a RB with nearly 100 yards to go with it, you should win by 30+.

It should have been a huge blowout, not a squeak by win.

But they showed a lot of intensity with the comeback they had. The entire team stepped it up on that drive.

I'm starting to actually be glad we held on to Kris Durham. No more calling him Kris Dur-Dur for at least two weeks now.

Love how billick and dick stockton were calling the game over when there was still a minute left with a stopped clock. They were so sure. oops.

I think we have the option to run 10 seconds off the clock in that situation. But obviously we didn't want to do that.

You are correct sir. The clock stops, and we can choose to run 10 off. But there is no way we wanted to do that.

Although, in retrospect, it would have given us the lead with 2 seconds left on the clock, which would have been even better. But hindsight is always 20-20.

Love how billick and dick stockton were calling the game over when there was still a minute left with a stopped clock. They were so sure. oops.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit........ I did too LOL. So happy to be wrong though!!!!!!

YEAH! I was sitting here telling my wife that while the game was probably already a loss, these ass-clowns need to quick talking like the score is already final.

It wasn't "if the score stays the same..." ... It was "Dallas is now 5-3 and the Lions fall to 4-4 at the halfway point of the season".

Um... no! Dallas is now 4-4 and the Lions are 5-3, because NOW the game is over, not with a minute 2 left on the clock. Morons.

WOOHOOOOO,!

absolutely crazy, this is why we watch sports.

5-3 with a very doable road to the playoffs.

Tens of thousands of Cowboys fans are shocked & stunned yet again this afternoon by a Lions team that was looking like they were all but finished with too little time left or too many points behind...that is something I just love to envision ...bwaahaha!!

Last edited:
Well, now the only thing left to wonder about is whether Suh gets fined 40K or 50K when he hits the showers after the game.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit........ I did too LOL. So happy to be wrong though!!!!!!

you're a fan, though. They're supposed to be professionals. You don't call a game when it's that close with so much time. If they were up two scores, sure. Call it. But they were up 6.

Got to take my son over to mow my sister yard...

FOOTBALL IS SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH AFTER YOUR TEAM YOU ROOT FOR WINS..

Don't forget I think 6 or 7 pm on a Fox sports Detroit for the Michigan state football high school brackets!!!!

Last edited:
Romo is defending Dez...saying he does that all the time but it is a Ra Ra thing and not a selfish thing. Says he never acts selfishly. And says he never runs over to me and says get me the ball.

You know what I didn't see during the game...all the obligatory Jerry Jones camera shots???

Romo is defending Dez...saying he does that all the time but it is a Ra Ra thing and not a selfish thing. Says he never acts selfishly. And says he never runs over to me and says get me the ball.

Smh yeah right. Witten was looking like he would have punched Dez if they were in the locker room. I might be wrong for feeling like this, but that shit makes me soooooo happy.

Last edited:
Back