Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 8: Cowboys @ Lions Thread

Glad you got to give some digs back at bandwagon Cowboy fan's....
Very nice..

I've took a lot of shit from the other side at Ford Field these past few years. Wins against the Bears and Boys were particularly sweet, need to beat the Pack on thanksgiving now.

All it took was one of the all time greatest comebacks to become a believer. A series like that can define a season. They still have to take advantage though.

Agreed they have to earn it. I thought 6-2 start but at Chi, at Pit and at Min look much better now. I had all of them as losses coming into the year but now maybe not. Get it started right off the bye week at Chicago with no Cutler or Briggs.

Lions ran the ball well 4.9 YPC and held the Cowboys to 2.4 YPC. The Lions D in the first three quarters were huge in this game too. All that will go unnoticed with Calvin's huge day but the Lions had 600 yards. Half was Calvin, the other half were others stepping up.

4 turnovers and still won. Get the turnovers back to positive and lets win some big games in this last 8.

Was Ansah hurt? I read that he was only on the field for 21 percent of the snaps vs Dallas. His lowest since the opener was 62% vs Washington. I didn't see him on the injury report, what's going on?

++edit++ Nevermind, I see he injured his ankle in the first half. I didn't tune in until the 3rd quarter. Carry on!!

Last edited:
Ansah and Bentley got hurt. Fairley was banged up too but returned. Good time for a bye week.

Last edited:
Ansah and Bentley got hurt. Fairley was banged up too but returned. Good time for a bye week.

I saw ansah back in on a couple of plays with a heavily taped ankle.....so should just be a mild sprain....hopefully hes good to go after the bye.

BXnGp0ECQAAvo9F.png:large

I swear it seems like every time Staff is mic'd up he does something special. Those last 2 passes were just special. And his last second decision to sneak it was amazing.

Seriously I get way to excited every time I see him leap over Dom. Its a drive that in 15 years I hope I can tell my kids about one day. I just hope this is one of those moments that is a real leaping off point for this team one of those games that really sets us up for a big run this season.

I can tell my grand kids about the time Detroit was about to win a win, half way into the QB sneak they switched to the Atlanta-Arizona game.

I can tell my grand kids about the time Detroit was about to win a win, half way into the QB sneak they switched to the Atlanta-Arizona game.

Welll...at least the Fox Sports network didn't switch from the game in order to broadcast the Heidi movie in its entirety.

Bizarre stat

Lions are 5-0 when Stafford throws at least 1 pick, 0-3 when Stafford throws 0 picks

Calvin Johnson had 7 20+ yd receptions Sunday. 3rd time he's done that.
No other WR has done it once since the start of 2001.

Yea they cut away to Skins v. Broncos here. But i fortunately have sunday ticket and didnt even miss the extra point. When i first switched it the channel said blacked out and I was going to go on a rampage. But thankfully it wasnt necessary.

Yea they cut away to Skins v. Broncos here. But i fortunately have sunday ticket and didnt even miss the extra point. When i first switched it the channel said blacked out and I was going to go on a rampage. But thankfully it wasnt necessary.

Here to, blacked out but realized it was nationally televised. Then when they switched to the other game I'm like, "wtf wtf". I quickly went back to direct TV but I missed the play but saw the celebration so it was all good..

Back