Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 8: Cowboys @ Lions Thread

Your contributions here are amazing, what do you do on twitter? Link it!

Thanks MalFunkShun.
I retweet Tigers/Lions/Redwings, Blues/Jazz/Rock like the daily music thread, workers rights, and health issues the Govt tries to cover up with GMO foods.
https://twitter.com/KalineCountry

Lions are mostly the official site or Tim Twentyman, sometime Mike O'Hara. If there is someone else you or the others here think have good info let me know.

Last edited:
Calvin Johnson set a new NFL record today for the most receiving yards in a two-game span with 484 yards.
Matthew Stafford leads the NFL in passing yards with 2,617 and Calvin Johnson leads NFL in receiving yards with 821.

In case anyone was wondering why it took so long for Reiff to get to the line of scrimmage after a 25 yard pass play.

DETROIT ? The first order of business was getting Reilly Reiff back to the line of scrimmage.

"Reilly is out there [at midfield]," Matthew Stafford said of his Detroit Lions left tackle, shaking his head at the memory. "And he's celebrating."

"He's [expletive] halfway down the field," running back Reggie Bush said with a laugh.

Reiff thought Calvin Johnson had just scored a game-winning touchdown against the Dallas Cowboys. Only he hadn't. Megatron went for 329 receiving yards in this game, but the refs ruled him one short on the most critical of plays.

So now it was the Lions' ball, first-and-goal at the 1. The problem was Dallas led by six and the clock was ticking down and Ford Field was a surreal mix of chaos and screams, no one really sure what was going down.

So there were Stafford and Bush, trying to cut through the din and get the big guy back to the line of scrimmage. Pronto.

Stafford just needed to set the line, take the snap and spike the ball with about 20 seconds left.

"We're trying to get two plays," he said.

Only by the time Reiff got into place, the clock was under 15 seconds. Stafford was still screaming, "spike, spike, spike" and "clock, clock, clock" and motioning as such.

"He said, 'Clock,' " center Dominic Raiola said and shrugged because why wouldn't he believe his QB?

Stafford said he wasn't lying at the time. He was going to spike it, at least until he got under center.

"I'm looking down and I see [defensive lineman's] feet in the end zone and light [signaling a gap just to Raiola's left that was asking to be attacked]," Stafford said later, seated by his locker, half exhausted, half exhilarated.

"And I just said, 'Shoot, here we go.' "

So shoot, there he went.

Stafford took the snap, and rather than spike the ball, he watched as just about everyone on the field simply stood up. He then jumped in the air, just over Raiola's left shoulder pad and reached the ball over the goal line.

Dallas defenders reacted and knocked Stafford back. That's when Bush, of all people, jumped up and gave Stafford a push back toward the goal line. It was the exact way, Reggie said, he did it when he was at USC in 2005. That day the Trojans were playing at Notre Dame and his shove of quarterback Matt Leinart on a similar fake-the-spike play, with just three seconds left, won it for USC. It went down in lore as a the "Bush Push."

"I have had two pushes," Bush joked. "Two assisted touchdowns. It was deja vu. The same exact play."

Actually Stafford had already broken the plane. And even if he didn't, he was never tackled and made it for sure when he ran into the end zone to celebrate.

"I scored twice," Stafford laughed. "I need to double up on that."

Of course this is the game I wouldn't be able to watch. I've definitely got to catch a replay.

Of course this is the game I wouldn't be able to watch. I've definitely got to catch a replay.

It sucked, for the most part. The 4th quarter is the only one worth watching.

Imagine if you were in Vegas in had bet the under on the Lions/cowboy's game today.

13-7 going into the fourth quarter. 24-17 lions win the fourth quarter...lol

Imagine if you were in Vegas in had bet the under on the Lions/cowboy's game today.

13-7 going into the fourth quarter. 24-17 lions win the fourth quarter...lol

I had Dallas +3 and the over in a parlay. Winner winner chicken dinner.

From Dallas sports news sources:

Matt Stafford passed for 488 yards most ever by a QB vs Dallas. Chicago's Billy Wade passed for 466 in 1962.

Detroit 623 yards of offense most ever vs Dallas. Houston Oilers had 583 in 1991.

Yeah Lions prolly should have blown out the Cowboys. But for turnovers.

Amazing game. Ford Field was about 40 percent Cowboys fans. Like a true LKP disciple I stayed until the end taking the Boys fans around me's barbs until the final 12 seconds. It was so sweet to turn the tables. I got my digs in for all of my compadres on this board and our pent up frustration. Reading this thread from about the 40 page mark on made me almost as happy as the comeback, as it's like watching your favorite movie with friends where you know the ending in advance. 5-3 with an absolute cakewalk schedule the playoffs should be a lock, we all know it won't be that easy though with these guys, but it's right there for the taking. Glad it's a bye I think we all can use a weekend off.

Amazing game. Ford Field was about 40 percent Cowboys fans. Like a true LKP disciple I stayed until the end taking the Boys fans around me's barbs until the final 12 seconds. It was so sweet to turn the tables. I got my digs in for all of my compadres on this board and our pent up frustration. Reading this thread from about the 40 page mark on made me almost as happy as the comeback, as it's like watching your favorite movie with friends where you know the ending in advance. 5-3 with an absolute cakewalk schedule the playoffs should be a lock, we all know it won't be that easy though with these guys, but it's right there for the taking. Glad it's a bye I think we all can use a weekend off.

*Hugs Cheeno* Welcome to the good side

*Hugs Cheeno* Welcome to the good side

All it took was one of the all time greatest comebacks to become a believer. A series like that can define a season. They still have to take advantage though.

Some of us may complain on the board sometimes but I did not see anyone bail on the Lions yesterday.
My dad always said Yogi always says "it is never over till its over". I know a baseball term but I never give up because you never know what may happen in sports.

Ok if it was 42-7 I may have mowed my sister yard earlier..lol

Glad you got to give some digs back at bandwagon Cowboy fan's....
Very nice..

Back