Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 96 LA Dodgers @ Detroit Tigers July 13, 2024 10:10 a.m. MST

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Dodgers (56-39) @ Tigers (45-50)

1:10 PM
Comerica Park

Justin Wrobleski LHP
0-1, 7.20 ERA, 4 SO

Keider Montero RHP
1-2, 4.64 ERA, 19 SO

LAD Lineup
DET Lineup
  1. Andy Ibáñez (R) 1B
  2. Justyn-Henry Malloy (R) LF
  3. Matt Vierling (R) 3B
  4. Riley Greene (L) CF
  5. Mark Canha (R) DH
  6. Carson Kelly (R) C
  7. Colt Keith (L) 2B
  8. Javier Báez (R) SS
  9. Ryan Vilade (R) RF

Not sure why they don't start Perez vs LHP (2 days in a row now). He's a switch hitter and his stats have actually been better vs LHP.

1-0 LA. Could have been worst but Montero got out of the jam well.

I keep hearing people on the Dodger audio cast talking about former Tigers great Kirk Gibson.

Did Gibson ever play for the Dodgers? I forget.

I keep hearing people on the Dodger audio cast talking about former Tigers great Kirk Gibson.

Did Gibson ever play for the Dodgers? I forget.
Yes. How can you forget his homer against eckersley lol.. in game one of the 1988 world series. Walk off jack. Great at bat. His only at bat of that world series. His legs were toast.

So the Dodger pitcher is getting the high strike. Come on ump give it to Montero !

If Montero had gotten the high strike there would not be a lead off walk. Damn wild pitch moves him to 2nd.

Tigers news while perusing the usual places.

No immediate plans for rehab assignments after the All-Star break for Parker Meadows and Kerry Carpenter per Tigers manager A.J. Hinch.

Intrigue within the Detroit Tigers is growing. Are they prepping for the trade deadline? Players are being sent down/called up and current players are having their positions moved.
Baddoo has been sent down yet again. The Tiger can only recall him 1 more time this year. In his place, Ryan Vilade has been called up. His offensive stats aren't impressive. Is it the glove they want? He plays outfield and 3B. Matt Vierling is transitioning to 1B. With Carpenter on the IL and Canha slumping, it leaves room for an outfielder like Vilade. But could the team be trying him at 3B given Urshela's expiring contract? Or could Urshela be playing more 1B meaning that Vilade would play some 3B?

Scotty Boy has woken up from his nap this week…first Maeda to the bullpen, now Baddoo heading out…don’t stop there Mr. POBO Harris keep it rolling!

Tigers news while perusing the usual places.

No immediate plans for rehab assignments after the All-Star break for Parker Meadows and Kerry Carpenter per Tigers manager A.J. Hinch.

Intrigue within the Detroit Tigers is growing. Are they prepping for the trade deadline? Players are being sent down/called up and current players are having their positions moved.
Baddoo has been sent down yet again. The Tiger can only recall him 1 more time this year. In his place, Ryan Vilade has been called up. His offensive stats aren't impressive. Is it the glove they want? He plays outfield and 3B. Matt Vierling is transitioning to 1B. With Carpenter on the IL and Canha slumping, it leaves room for an outfielder like Vilade. But could the team be trying him at 3B given Urshela's expiring contract? Or could Urshela be playing more 1B meaning that Vilade would play some 3B?

Scotty Boy has woken up from his nap this week…first Maeda to the bullpen, now Baddoo heading out…don’t stop there Mr. POBO Harris keep it rolling!

Has he ? Why waste a move on Baddoo like that . Should have just left him down in the first place.

Malloy has to learn to hit the slow stuff. Matt needs to make up for his double clutch throw.

Yes. How can you forget his homer against eckersley lol.. in game one of the 1988 world series. Walk off jack. Great at bat. His only at bat of that world series. His legs were toast.
I don’t know.

Maybe I was drunk when it happened.

Or stoned.

Or coked of my mind.

These kinds of things used to happen in LA in
the 80s.

Did anyone hear an explanation for why Rogers pinch hit for Canha? MLBnetwork chose that moment to air a commercial that blocked the audio......now they are airing another one.

Did anyone hear an explanation for why Rogers pinch hit for Canha? MLBnetwork chose that moment to air a commercial that blocked the audio......now they are airing another one.
Nothing as of yet.

Back