Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 96 LA Dodgers @ Detroit Tigers July 13, 2024 10:10 a.m. MST

The point is that you try . Get some good PR. It may help with other free agents.
Agree to disagree like normal.
Let's move on.
Let's have a look at the Dodgers money last year. They have consistently been high spenders, and they are situated in one of the largest markets around. They are also leveraging their future in a big way. From an AP article on Yoshinobu's contract: "Los Angeles has been baseball’s biggest spender this offseason, committing $1,212,187,500 to Ohtani, Yamamoto and pitcher Tyler Glasnow, who agreed to a $136,562,500, five-year contract as part of his trade from the Tampa Bay Rays."

Kirk Gibson as a football player, never hurt. As a baseball player, hurt all the time.

Detroit is not a hot destination. Best we can hope for is draft or trade.. When is the last time a free agenct a top guy chose to sign here, out of his prime Pudge? I wouldn't choose Detroit given the chance.
Maybe if we were winning they would come. These guys don't have to live here all season. . They are all millionaires. Need a good product. A winning product. Maybe they will come. Hopefully.

Maybe if we were winning they would come. These guys don't have to live here all season. . They are all millionaires. Need a good product. A winner product. Maybe they will come.
When do they ever. We all want a good players but its Kent Hrbek all over again.. Remember when we offered him more money to come and he chose to stay in Minnesota for less. Been like that my whole life..

MLB network cutting off the end of the game (last out) for the futures game; they have their priorities mixed up.

Boom Colt Ties it up. ! 9-9. !
What a cookie .. what a swing.

Shame Rogers stinks lol

Tied up! I wish I had been able to see the last two at bats instead of the nonbeginning of the futures game.....

I am surprised as anybody to see they tied it up.
Oh wait, vest is pitching....
another surprise. maybe Hinch should let vest open an inning and not come in with
runners on base.

Back