Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gio Gonzalez and Martin Prado

tycobb420

Rumor: Prado for DY 2.0 (Raburn the new full time LF???)

Rumor 2: Tigers in talks for Gio. Turner involved.

1.42, 1.43 away WHIP the last two years. I'd much rather see if one of the in house lefty's pans out next year. If not, then make a move.

i dont see why everyone in baseball is so obsessed with gonzalez, his stats outside oakland are just not that good.

I am more afraid of what might replace DY...Might be better keeping him. Not sold on GG either.

Yeah like you guys, Gio scares me, and also like most of you, DY for Prado in a second.

jmakula87 said:
batcave76 said:

I think for this reason. 1.42, 1.43 away WHIP the last two years.
Not sure Gio would be lites out either. He could put up better #s than Porcello tho. But I'm not opposed to trading Turner if it will improve the team in 012. If you go back 15 yrs or so, the Tigers have a parade of SP picked in the 1st rd that never made any kind of impact. Maybe Turner will be another JV or Porcello but he could just as easily be another Wheatland, Baugh, Greisinger, A Miller, Sleeth.....

tycobb420 said:
Rumor: Prado for DY 2.0 (Raburn the new full time LF???)

Rumor 2: Tigers in talks for Gio. Turner involved.
If we did these two moves then signed Cespedes or Beltran for LF, we'd be set.

Jackson - CF
Beltran/Cespedes - LF
Cabrera - 1B
VMart - DH
Boesch - RF
Peralta - SS
Avila - C
Prado - 2B
Cringe - 3B

Bench - Raburn, Kelly, Santiago, Laird

Rotation - JV, Fister, Gio, Max, Porcello

Pen - Balester, Coke, Al Al, Schlereth, Dotel, Benoit, Valverde

Spockmaster said:
i dont see why everyone in baseball is so obsessed with gonzalez, his stats outside oakland are just not that good.

Young, lefty and has shown the ability and promise of being a #1. Though I think he is a #2.

He walks a ton but still manages to shut teams down. K's a ton and his ERA last two years have been very good. And just turned 26 and is a LHP. I wouldn't mind. I'm not sure how I feel about Turner.

Back