Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Guess who is running his mouth AGAIN!

Perhaps to save a modicum of respect and show that the inmates are not running the asylum. To show that when mommy counts to three something actually happens. Might set good presidence on a team whose entire 2011 draft class has been charged by the authorities, or a bunch of young underperformance talent. Make sense?

No GM in the world would do that. You're not making sense yourself. If he's not cut in two weeks, bring it back up..ESPN, lol.

@Adam Schefter: T. Young to be cut by Lions Monday after Super Bowl. As per Twitter.

@Adam Schefter: T. Young to be cut by Lions Monday after Super Bowl. As per Twitter.

Then why are you bitching and why did you post "They aren't cutting him.". You're all over the map on this one..

Then why are you bitching and why did you post "They aren't cutting him.". You're all over the map on this one..

I made that one up. My point is you can cut a guy anytime in the media in this day and age. If they were going to cut him, which I think they won't, you can do it now and make a statement that this bs won't be tolerated anymore, especially on a team with some past character issues. If I'm not making my point clear that's on me, going to grab a bite to eat haven't eaten all day, so apologies if my normal eloquence eludes me.

Maybe I'm fucked up in the head but I wouldn't cut him, I would wait until training camp when he comes in and complains about an injury to get out of practice then IR his ass. If he saves only 200K what’s the point, fuck this guy, and fuck his career, you don't wanna play here then you won’t play anywhere. IR his ass for the next 2 years and see what that does for his #HALLOFFAME career.

if you could get a 4th for him id trade him. If youre not going to get that than ya.....ir his ass and let him be out of football for a couple years.

Does anyone know how much he will count against the cap if/when we do cut his dumb ass.

Does anyone know how much he will count against the cap if/when we do cut his dumb ass.

200k. Srsly though who cares about titus. we have the worst offense and the worst defense in the division. Titus should be last on anyones list of priorities.

Back, and hopefully more coherent after crushing a buffet. Basically my point is if you are going to cut him make it known now and send a message that the tire fire is not COMPLETELY out of control. Because there is not a peep from anyone, even Schwartz did his best Fred Astaire impression, they are going to keep him. They'll say they met with him and worked things out and that this is his last, last chance.

Personally I'm with Hughes, I don't think he is good enough to warrant the effort. Pitt cut Rainey in the blink of an eye, I think this demands the same response.

Back, and hopefully more coherent after crushing a buffet. Basically my point is if you are going to cut him make it known now and send a message that the tire fire is not COMPLETELY out of control. Because there is not a peep from anyone, even Schwartz did his best Fred Astaire impression, they are going to keep him. They'll say they met with him and worked things out and that this is his last, last chance.

Personally I'm with Hughes, I don't think he is good enough to warrant the effort. Pitt cut Rainey in the blink of an eye, I think this demands the same response.

Maybe they will. They can't cut the guy yet. How many times I gotta say it ;-). And yeah, a GM isn't going to go to ESPN and say "we're cutting him" - not before the SB.

cheeno you're not thinking about this from a business/competition aspect. you never want your competition to know with certainty what you're planning on doing.

if we trot out a big ol sign that says "titus your ass is gone!" then every team has an information advantage on us. they 100% know we will be looking for WR at some point in the draft/FA process. sure, as it stands now its still like a 90% chance he's gone and we have to bring somebody in but that's still not 100% information.

the same concept applies for team's looking to give him a tryout. that list will be short but if you make it known now that you're cutting him they can say okay, we don't need to address that position in FA/draft because we know the Lions are planning on cutting Titus, we can lay back and snap him up when he becomes available, which allows them to formulate a better, more informed game plan.

you basically want the organization to put themselves at an information disadvantage with regards to their competition to pacify you, a fan. not smart.

Mayhew and Schwartz are playing this one fine. Titus keeps running his mouth and they're saying very little, just keeping their hand close to the vest. when the time is right and it won't give anyone an edge they'll very likely cut his ass or move him for bread crumbs and you can scream from the mountain tops good riddance. your day in the sun will come my friend.

playing things close to the vest is one thing. Letting a guy on your team punch a teamate, line up wrong on purpose cause hes selfish, then punk you and the entire organization on twitter all in the same year....welp....its fucking sad this guy is technically still part of this team. Sets a bad example. This comming from a team that went thru all the "we will no longer tolerate selfish acts" stuff last year after Suh's ordeal. Just shows that the mgmt and coaches are spineless little bitches. Why would you possibly be playing this close to the vest?....what the hell do you think youre going to gain from a titus trade at this point?...nothing is the correct answer. All the teams already know you are either:
1) going to continue to be spineless and keep him
2) going to drop him like a bad habbit

playing things close to the vest is one thing. Letting a guy on your team punch a teamate, line up wrong on purpose cause hes selfish, then punk you and the entire organization on twitter all in the same year....welp....its fucking sad this guy is technically still part of this team. Sets a bad example. This comming from a team that went thru all the "we will no longer tolerate selfish acts" stuff last year after suh's ordeal. Just shows that the mgmt and coaches are spineless little bitches. Why would you possibly be playing this close to the vest?....what the hell do you think youre going to gain from a titus trade at this point?...nothing is the correct answer. All the teams already know you are either:
1) going to continue to be spineless and keep him
2) going to drop him like a bad habbit

Because he can't be cut yet, lol.

Last edited:
he could be cut at any point throughout the year last year.

They obviously gave him one last chance and had the IR card to use. But now Young acted up again. They said they would cut him on the first day they can. Monday after the Super Bowl. Stay tuned.

As much as he deserves to be cut - I honestly wish he wasnt. I believe that he is at this point done with Det. and is trying his best to get cut. By cutting him the Lions would be doing exactly what he wants by giving him a second chance. It sets a bad precedent to allow someone to completely kill their trade value by sabotaging the team and then cut them..the only thing that would make me happy is if they traded him to a team with a terrible QB (ie. the Jets or Jags) or just kept him on the team and IR'ed his ass. They could even try and do what the 49ers did to Jacobs this year and suspend him without pay for conduct detrimental to the team. Keep doing that every 4 weeks for the rest of the year. Id personally rather have him suck for us than go somewhere else and be a stud..if he wants to ruin his career here, then keep him here until his contract expires and dont use him. basically FUCK TITUS YOUNG!

Yeah it does piss me off that some team will pick him up. The Jets picked up Aaron Berry after all his antics.

cheeno you're not thinking about this from a business/competition aspect. you never want your competition to know with certainty what you're planning on doing.

if we trot out a big ol sign that says "titus your ass is gone!" then every team has an information advantage on us. they 100% know we will be looking for WR at some point in the draft/FA process. sure, as it stands now its still like a 90% chance he's gone and we have to bring somebody in but that's still not 100% information.

the same concept applies for team's looking to give him a tryout. that list will be short but if you make it known now that you're cutting him they can say okay, we don't need to address that position in FA/draft because we know the Lions are planning on cutting Titus, we can lay back and snap him up when he becomes available, which allows them to formulate a better, more informed game plan.

you basically want the organization to put themselves at an information disadvantage with regards to their competition to pacify you, a fan. not smart.

Mayhew and Schwartz are playing this one fine. Titus keeps running his mouth and they're saying very little, just keeping their hand close to the vest. when the time is right and it won't give anyone an edge they'll very likely cut his ass or move him for bread crumbs and you can scream from the mountain tops good riddance. your day in the sun will come my friend.

I get your point FTW. You gain no competitive advantage externally by letting it be known your plans. But a competitive advantage may be had internally with a firm response. Maybe not. Maybe we just don't draft this tool in the first place and gain a competitive advantage both internally and externally.

Man FUCK titus "bitch made fool ass punk" young.

Just wanted to say that.

As much as he deserves to be cut - I honestly wish he wasnt. I believe that he is at this point done with Det. and is trying his best to get cut. By cutting him the Lions would be doing exactly what he wants by giving him a second chance. It sets a bad precedent to allow someone to completely kill their trade value by sabotaging the team and then cut them..the only thing that would make me happy is if they traded him to a team with a terrible QB (ie. the Jets or Jags) or just kept him on the team and IR'ed his ass. They could even try and do what the 49ers did to Jacobs this year and suspend him without pay for conduct detrimental to the team. Keep doing that every 4 weeks for the rest of the year. Id personally rather have him suck for us than go somewhere else and be a stud..if he wants to ruin his career here, then keep him here until his contract expires and dont use him. basically FUCK TITUS YOUNG!

I get that but if anyone should be cut its this fool. I wish they put him on the pub list and then IR him myself. Fuck him..

Back