Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh NFL Rumors

Looks like Jim and the Ncaa are in a stare down. He admits to the level 2 violations but sticks to his guns on the level 1 violation. He still says he does not remember the transaction for the lunch.

Looks like Jim and the Ncaa are in a stare down. He admits to the level 2 violations but sticks to his guns on the level 1 violation. He still says he does not remember the transaction for the lunch.

My understanding is that his stance is he didn't intentionally lie to them about the lunch, he just didn't recall something so minor accurately when asked. So he's telling them to f off in regards to their insistence he admit that he intentionally misled them but he has acknowledged that the lunch did happen.

Maybe he should go to the nfl before he gets suspended by the NCAA lol. Jims always been extremely loose with recruiting rules. I remember when I managed eli ricks dad and he called in the weekend of their Ohio state and Michigan visits. He called me from jim's house. He stayed the night on Jim's couch and eli stayed in his daughter's room lol.

I'm sure whatever the ncaa has on Jim its not going to be hard to prove.

I wouldn't say Jim has been "extremely loose" on recruiting rules. I would say that he has pushed boundaries and found loopholes (e.g. satellite camps, sleepover with Nordin) that are eventually closed. It's not like he's leaving bags at recruits' houses or tampering with kids who have signed their LOI (Sark/Worthy).

Last edited:

this is such bullshit.

begs the question of what this is retribution for.

seems really hasty too, on the part of the NCAA. so we must've pissed someone off recently, and this is what they came up with

Bacon commented today that Harbaugh and Manuel haven't spoken directly to eachother in 8 months. Not ideal

Bacon commented today that Harbaugh and Manuel haven't spoken directly to eachother in 8 months. Not ideal

Bacon has been wrong a lot lately. His word means very little to me right now.

Somehow, the NCAA is not concerned that this FL QB opted out of his commitment because the $13,000,000 NIL he negotiated fell through. Or that some QB going to TENN is getting an $8,000,000 NIL. So it's ok to promise a recruit millions of dollars but not buy him the Sister Ann at Pizza Bobs.

In the spirit of this age, it makes perfect sense.

Bacon is a hack and I wish the program would distance themselves from him. He's had to backtrack (clarify) like 4 times since he made those comments on WTKA this AM after people have repeatedly called him out with pictures of the two of them chatting and pointing out that they were sitting next to each other discussing the tunnel issue.

Bacon is a hack and I wish the program would distance themselves from him. He's had to backtrack (clarify) like 4 times since he made those comments on WTKA this AM after people have repeatedly called him out with pictures of the two of them chatting and pointing out that they were sitting next to each other discussing the tunnel issue.

Okay, I will never post another Bacon comment again.

As I said, Bacon has been wrong on a lot of things lately. I'm not sure if his ties to the program have weakened and he's just making shit up or what's going on with him now.

I wouldn't say Jim has been "extremely loose" on recruiting rules. I would say that he has pushed boundaries and found loopholes (e.g. satellite camps, sleepover with Nordin) that are eventually closed. It's not like he's leaving bags at recruits' houses or tampering with kids who have signed their LOI (Sark/Worthy).

What recruiting rules? The ones arbitrarily applied to certain programs and completely ignored for others? Pretty meaningless.

Bacon is fine and really a harmless nerd. Problem is, when he said ?haven?t spoken,? it was immediately misinterpreted as ?hate each other? and social media went predictably BatShit Crazy. I saw posts about ?..

?For $1.1M a year, he never conducted one review?!? as if Manuel does nothing but talk to Harbaugh. Or the, ?they?ve never spoken in 8yrs?!?! If I were the AD ?..? with everything that followed being 100% based on the initial and major mistake of hearing Bacon saying, ?the two hate one another!?

When asked in the early-90s why he rarely (never) spoke to the crowd during Dead shows, Jerry said it was because he was afraid he might say something that?s taken the wrong way? acknowledging his impact.

Now, with Twitter and 20-some ?Insiders? jumping on every breath and worse, intentionally misleading or being vague, the idea of any Harbaugh negotiation taking place at a reasonable and normal pace was ?taking forever? and had long time fans saying, ?Fuck him and this NFL BULLSHIT! He needs to deny the rumors now or leave - I?m sick of this shit!!?

referring, of course, to the self-created anxiety and appearance of urgency created in one?s own mind, using imagined ?deadlines? and delusions of worth in making demands of anyone at UM.

Bacon is just a dude who?s around a lot and otherwise writing dorky sports books. But when this chatter starts, folks want him to be the guy and when he basically says, ?there have been no negotiations? everyone flips out.

Bacon is fine and really a harmless nerd. Problem is, when he said ?haven?t spoken,? it was immediately misinterpreted as ?hate each other? and social media went predictably BatShit Crazy. I saw posts about ?..

?For $1.1M a year, he never conducted one review?!? as if Manuel does nothing but talk to Harbaugh. Or the, ?they?ve never spoken in 8yrs?!?! If I were the AD ?..? with everything that followed being 100% based on the initial and major mistake of hearing Bacon saying, ?the two hate one another!?

When asked in the early-90s why he rarely (never) spoke to the crowd during Dead shows, Jerry said it was because he was afraid he might say something that?s taken the wrong way? acknowledging his impact.

Now, with Twitter and 20-some ?Insiders? jumping on every breath and worse, intentionally misleading or being vague, the idea of any Harbaugh negotiation taking place at a reasonable and normal pace was ?taking forever? and had long time fans saying, ?Fuck him and this NFL BULLSHIT! He needs to deny the rumors now or leave - I?m sick of this shit!!?

referring, of course, to the self-created anxiety and appearance of urgency created in one?s own mind, using imagined ?deadlines? and delusions of worth in making demands of anyone at UM.

Bacon is just a dude who?s around a lot and otherwise writing dorky sports books. But when this chatter starts, folks want him to be the guy and when he basically says, ?there have been no negotiations? everyone flips out.

well said.

I gave him more creedence than I should have because his narrative seemed to fit the facts we were seeing, especially with the Harbaugh - Santo Ono announcement. But Bacon should know not to play fast and loose with his narrative, especially if he wants people to look to him as the semi-official "voice" of Michigan football

Didn?t Bill Self at Kansas have like 5 or 6 level 1 violations and was Only suspended 4 games in a 30 plus schedule of games season. They are talking a possible 6 game suspension for Jim over 12 games seems a tad hypocritical to me.

Last edited:
Didn?t Bill Self at Kansas have like 5 or 6 level 1 violations and was Only suspended 4 games in a 30 plus schedule of games season. They are talking a possible 6 game suspension for Jim over 12 games seems a tad hypocritical to me.

I haven't heard about a 6 game suspension. However, him not cooperating and possibly covering it up, that is what gets you suspended by the NCAA.

I haven't heard about a 6 game suspension. However, him not cooperating and possibly covering it up, that is what gets you suspended by the NCAA.

It does seem like someone at the NCAA or someone in a program that has the clout to bend the NCAA's ear got them to go after us here. and it also seems very "spur of the moment"... there's a press release, and not much more than that.

I think the NCAA expected us to cave and take the wind out of Harbaugh's sails a bit.

But we didn't. Now they're going to scramble to find dirt on us and sling mud on us to save face. And if it blows up on them, as it looks to, then I worry about more dirty tricks and underhanded retribution against Michigan football coming down the line.

Just so long as the program isn't placed on Double Secret Probation. But, then, how would it know?

It does seem like someone at the NCAA or someone in a program that has the clout to bend the NCAA's ear got them to go after us here. and it also seems very "spur of the moment"... there's a press release, and not much more than that.

I think the NCAA expected us to cave and take the wind out of Harbaugh's sails a bit.

But we didn't. Now they're going to scramble to find dirt on us and sling mud on us to save face. And if it blows up on them, as it looks to, then I worry about more dirty tricks and underhanded retribution against Michigan football coming down the line.

I do not expect the NCAA to be able to prove that Harbaugh lied. This incompetent group could barely prove their case with Kansas, Arizona, LSU, etc. when they had coaches on tape discussing payments to players. Those programs didn't even get a slap on the wrist, more of a "c'mon guys, don't do that again".

Back