Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Houston currently 2nd among NFC cbs in pro bowl

Okay so he single handedly blew it versus the Jets who are mediocre and the Lions who are mediocre. Very hard to do in a team sport but Romo always finds a way. He beat a good SF team and then CALL JOHN ELWAY big comebacks versus the Redskins and Dolphins which the offense put up 18 and 20 pts respectively. Not to mention that stinker versus the powerhouse 4-8 Eagles. They never should have had to come back versus the ARIZONA CARDINALS in the first place. The Cowboys are a mediocre team at best and Romo is a huge part of that. Take his jock strap off and you be reasonable.

Check his numbers in those games...not like it was his fault they werent scoring. And against San Fran he did it with a punctured lung and broken ribs...if this was Matt Stafford we were talking about you'd have salt mark on your mustache from his game balls rubbing on it.

Wow great folk story (much like Stafford's separated shoulder) not sure how that makes Romo a better qb than the others mentioned. In the NFC there is Rodgers and then everyone else. That being said Romo has been nothing but average, his numbers are average, the Cowboys suck in the redzone despite having Dez Bryant and Jason Witten, AND he completely blew two games himself. I'll take Stafford 10 out of 10 times, so we can agree to disagree.

Beez said:
cheeno said:
Yeah that game winning drive against a pathetic Arizona team that Cam Newton put up 400 yards on sure looked awesome. Almost got em there except your genius HC decided to run out the clock and ice your own kicker.

Well that should have been his 5th one this year so like I said, go ahead and pretend that the only thing that matters is what helps you tear the cowboys down in an arguement, I'll look the other way.

The Cardinals are an NFL defense, it was in the clutch and he drove them down to be in position to win...what Jason Garrett fucks up isn't on him..he did his job. Take off your Lions tin foil hat and be reasonable.

The reason Garrett settled for a 49 yard FG is he doesn't trust Romo's decision making. Right or wrong....that is why they didn't get the ball closer for an easier FG.

tomdalton22 said:
Beez said:
Well that should have been his 5th one this year so like I said, go ahead and pretend that the only thing that matters is what helps you tear the cowboys down in an arguement, I'll look the other way.

The Cardinals are an NFL defense, it was in the clutch and he drove them down to be in position to win...what Jason Garrett fucks up isn't on him..he did his job. Take off your Lions tin foil hat and be reasonable.

The reason Garrett settled for a 49 yard FG is he doesn't trust Romo's decision making. Right or wrong....that is why they didn't get the ball closer for an easier FG.

yeah thats why....Guess we couldn't have run the ball either in that situation. You guys amaze me....Stafford 10 out of 10 give me a fuckin break.

Beez said:
tomdalton22 said:

yeah thats why....Guess we couldn't have run the ball either in that situation. You guys amaze me....Stafford 10 out of 10 give me a fuckin break.

I would never say I would take Stafford 10 out of 10 over Romo. I think they are very close...probably give the edge to Romo right now (not saying Stafford won't pass him in the near future). All I was saying is if you have an elite QB the coach doesn't think twice about running a few more plays for a chip shot.

Beez said:
tomdalton22 said:

So what? I'd take Cam Newton 10 out of 10 times, both he and Stafford have an unknown ceiling, where as Romo is a known quantity. A slightly above average qb with below average decision making ability. I'm sure Jerry would take our native Texas son 10 out of 10 times, hell the last one the Lions gave him was borderline brutal and they got a 1st and 3rd for him.

Yeah Romo is above average alright...His numbers rank him among the elite qbs in the game over the last 5 or 6 years but none of that matter because Matt Stafford MIGHT be good later on. You guys are comical. I'm not asking you who you'd start a franchise around, I'm telling you RIGHT now Romo is a better Qb and a top 5-6 QB in the NFL and you have no stats or reasoning to disprove it other than 4 or 5 plays over a 6 years span. Stop it, you listen to too much talk radio.

Guess 2-1 td/int ratio is a sure sign of a terrible decision maker too. That must make guys like Drew Brees and Big Ben flat out stupid considering he's ahead of Brees and MILES ahead of Big Ben in those respective categories...keep tryin fan boy.

I'm the fan boy? I haven't see someone defend a gimp that hard since The People vs. Larry Flint.

cheeno said:
I'm the fan boy? I haven't see someone defend a gimp that hard since The People vs. Larry Flint.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm being realistic..you guys hate him and don't look at facts. I could say Matt Stafford is terrible because he threw 2 pick 6's and had a 4 int game...the Lions rarely can even move the ball before the game is about out of reach, he's a pussy, he's wildy inconsistent etc..but instead I choose to look at it objectively and say he's a good young QB who's improving..he's got some negatives but when you watch him play you can see he has the talent.

If Romo was a texan you guys would have no problem with him. and yes you 10/10 Stafford is a top 5 qb guys are fan boys... the guy has had a half a season of good games and he's better than 75% of the qbs in the league, including an all pro who is one of the highest rated qbs in league history, has a 2-1 td to int ratio, a ton of yards, and great red zone numbers.

It's a joke. If Dallas had a guy like Stafford you'd be tearing him down every chance you got...

Romo had some WR injuries and no run game the 1st half of the year.......ya, he had a couple bad games

Beez said:
I'm being realistic..you guys hate him and don't look at facts. I could say Matt Stafford is terrible because he threw 2 pick 6's and had a 4 int game...the Lions rarely can even move the ball before the game is about out of reach, he's a pussy, he's wildy inconsistent etc..but instead I choose to look at it objectively and say he's a good young QB who's improving..he's got some negatives but when you watch him play you can see he has the talent.

If Romo was a texan you guys would have no problem with him. and yes you 10/10 Stafford is a top 5 qb guys are fan boys... the guy has had a half a season of good games and he's better than 75% of the qbs in the league, including an all pro who is one of the highest rated qbs in league history, has a 2-1 td to int ratio, a ton of yards, and great red zone numbers.

It's a joke. If Dallas had a guy like Stafford you'd be tearing him down every chance you got...

I dont hate Romo....I traded for the guy in my FF money league , I love the match ups coming in the next few weeks for him.

SLICK said:
Beez said:

I dont hate Romo....I traded for the guy in my FF money league , I love the match ups coming in the next few weeks for him.

I really don't care that people HATE the guy, I'm not his mother..I just hate when people let their feelings for a grown man they don't know get in the way of facts. Like it or not the guy is a top qb in the league and has been. I wouldn't hammer the point home if there wasn't so much ignorance goin on. lol

LEVEL 1
Brady
Rodgers
Manning (healthy)

LEVEL 1a
Brees

LEVEL 2
Ben
Romo

--------------------
Above Average
Rivers (Tough to judge him off of one year and only seeing highlights)
a bunch of other guys (Ryan, Stafford, Shaub etc)
-----------------
Avrage or Below

Guys like Cassel, Hasselbeck etc

Back