Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

If We Want Michigan to Go to a BCS Bowl

tinselwolverine

Then we should root for Sparty.

Sorry.

That's just what the numbers are saying today.

Now - if Wisconsin wins, M should still probably jump Sparty - but it's virtually certain that M will jump Wisky if Sparty wins.

If Wisky wins and a 3 loss sparty team is ranked ahead of a us with just then I will be pissed.

Other teams we are rooting for... Iowa st to upset KSU... and maybe # 24 Southern Miss to beat # 6 Houston...

It just sucks we are done. the way we are playing I wish we had 1 more game or 2.

They'll jump either team with a loss. Teams like Oklahoma and Georgia definitely need to lose.

wheels002 said:
If Wisky wins and a 3 loss sparty team is ranked ahead of a us with just then I will be pissed.

Don't worry, you WILL jump the loser of the B1G champioship.

I hope Georgia wins and fucks everything up. I could care less for a BCS game. Get a Jan 2nd game and win no matter who it is and THEN throttle Alabama on the 1st of September.

They said that if Georgia beats LSU, LSU is still going to the title game. They have a perfect BCS rating.

Georgia, Oklahoma, and either Sparty or wisky should all lose. I give it a 40% chance that Kansas State will lose. Probably zero chance oregon loses. If Oklahoma loses they will have 3 loses and one to a 5-7 Texas Tech team, no sure the boys club would not vote in Oklahoma thoough?? Still we have a shot.

You guys should be rooting hard for Southern Mississippi so that if you do get to a BCS game it's not against a Mid Major caliber team in Houston. Otherwise you might be better served not getting a BCs birth and playing a big time program like Arkansas or Oklahoma.

blueandmazefla said:
Georgia, Oklahoma, and either Sparty or wisky should all lose. I give it a 40% chance that Kansas State will lose. Probably zero chance oregon loses. If Oklahoma loses they will have 3 loses and one to a 5-7 Texas Tech team, no sure the boys club would not vote in Oklahoma thoough?? Still we have a shot.

If Oklahoma loses they should be out. Just because they were ranked WAY to high at the beginning of the year doesn't mean they are that good. There ae no awards fo pre-season champs.

johnny2x2x said:
You guys should be rooting hard for Southern Mississippi so that if you do get to a BCS game it's not against a Mid Major caliber team in Houston. Otherwise you might be better served not getting a BCs birth and playing a big time program like Arkansas or Oklahoma.

How is Arkansas a big time program, who have they beaten that's big time? As far as Oklahoma, i'm not scared of a one dimensional quarterback.

It matters not to me where M plays its bowl game or what MSU does in the LITTLE title game.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]Then we should root for Sparty.

Sorry.

That's just what the numbers are saying today.

Now - if Wisconsin wins, M should still probably jump Sparty - but it's virtually certain that M will jump Wisky if Sparty wins.

There is no possible way that a 10-3 team is in the top 15 over a 10-2 team. Sorry, not rooting for sparty. There's no reason to. What we need to do is root for LSU or one of the many other teams next week that would force a team above us to lose. We're going to jump the big ten loser, but we need someone else to lose.

All that matters is Michigan ends up #14 or higher in the BCS - that's pretty much a lock with a Georgia loss. Nobody else - KSU, Oklahoma, or anyone - matters.

There are going to be a few BCS eligible teams that aren't going to get BCS bids. Michigan has the inside track ahead of some of them based on the circumstances.

And everybody is right, M will almost surely jump Sparty if Sparty loses, but the Spartans do have slightly better numbers than Wisconsin.

Clemson could jump Michigan with a win over Va Tech and tech wouldn't fall far enough for Michigan to be ahead of them. To be safe, it would be good to have Ok St beat Ok or S. Miss to beat K St. Stranger things have happened, but Michigan is no lock to get in top 14. We need help.

icetime said:
Clemson could jump Michigan with a win over Va Tech and tech wouldn't fall far enough for Michigan to be ahead of them. To be safe, it would be good to have Ok St beat Ok or S. Miss to beat K St. Stranger things have happened, but Michigan is no lock to get in top 14. We need help.

No chance - Clemson just lost Saturday; no way they can make up that ground.

All Michigan needs is for Georgia to lose, although MSU over Wisky, just to be sure, wouldn't hurt - that will put Michigan at #14, no matter what anybody else does or doesn't do.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]All that matters is Michigan ends up #14 or higher in the BCS - that's pretty much a lock with a Georgia loss. Nobody else - KSU, Oklahoma, or anyone - matters.

There are going to be a few BCS eligible teams that aren't going to get BCS bids. Michigan has the inside track ahead of some of them based on the circumstances.

And everybody is right, M will almost surely jump Sparty if Sparty loses, but the Spartans do have slightly better numbers than Wisconsin.

It won't matter. Sparty, if they lose, won't end up in the top 15 and Michigan will jump either them, or Wisconsin, no matter which one loses next weekend. The only thing we need to be concerned about it one of the other teams losing; specifically Georgia vs. LSU. That's our best chance to move up.

Back