Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Institutional failure

I get ya but it wasn't just a close game. The offense just fell a part. Staff had a nice game, I don't fault him too much but like last last season, where are all the deep throws? I saw one early but that was about it..

It was to Durham of all people, and he didnt even have a half step on his guy.

Yeah a brilliant coaching 2 yard pass play when you needed 4 yards..

So tigermud, if the Lions stomp the Skins, will your mindset waiver? Washinngton is awful this year, they proved it yesterday, that defense cant stop a nosebleed. This dline(with Fairley) will be too much to handle imo.

this dline hasn't really done squat in 2 games. Palmer had all frikken day yesterday every single time he dropped back. Gunther is awful....should have sent more people with fitz out. Mendenhall avgd more than 5 ypc. The defense as a whole was awful and since we want to talk about luck all the time on this board....we were lucky we weren't blown out.

We keep saying we need a RB, we need a wr, nothing but megaton etc. it's just not accurate. Calvin has already shown if you just force it to him he will come down with it enough to give you a much better chance than the vanilla bullshit we showed in the 2nd half.

I don't trust this team to draft WRs or RBs anyway.

Since Mayhew became GM,

2009: 1 WR (3) 1 RB (6)
2010: 1 WR (7) 1 RB (1)
2011: 1 WR (2) 1 RB (2)
2012: 1 WR (2)
2013: 1 WR (6) 1 RB (6)

9 picks used (wasted) on WR/RBs, including 5 within the first 3 rounds.

Derrick Williams - Gone
Aaron Brown - Gone
Tim Toone - lol
Jahvid Best - Gone
Titus Young - lol
Mikel Leshoure - Doesn't even play
Ryan Broyles - Doesn't even play
Corey Fuller - Practice squad
Theo Riddick - ?

Since Mayhew became GM,

Derrick Williams - Gone
Aaron Brown - Gone
Tim Toone - lol
Jahvid Best - Gone
Titus Young - lol
Theo Riddick - ?

But we're just being patient and waiting for them to get healthy ;-)

Since Mayhew became GM,

Derrick Williams - Gone
Aaron Brown - Gone
Tim Toone - lol
Jahvid Best - Gone
Titus Young - lol
Theo Riddick - ?

Agree. Hopefully that starts to shift a bit with Xander's in the mix. Although injury problems are mostly unpredictable. Hindsight is 20/20. I thought leshoure and best were excellent picks. Leshoure looked like a stud coming out, and best actually turned out out for a while.

Agree. Hopefully that starts to shift a bit with Xander's in the mix. Although injury problems are mostly unpredictable. Hindsight is 20/20. I thought leshoure and best were excellent picks. Leshoure looked like a stud coming out, and best actually turned out out for a while.

I thought Best was too much of a risk given his serious head injury on the last play he ever played in college. I wasn't sure on Leshoure. I thought he would be a good but I didn't think he had the speed needed in the NFL to be a starting caliber back.

Since Mayhew became GM,

Derrick Williams - Gone
Aaron Brown - Gone
Tim Toone - lol
Jahvid Best - Gone
Titus Young - lol
Theo Riddick - ?

our line has been awful the last 10 years at run blocking....wouldn't have mattered if walter payton was back there. drafting rb after rb has been just plain dumb...

4 first downs in the second half. That is all the stats you need.

our line has been awful the last 10 years at run blocking....wouldn't have mattered if walter payton was back there. drafting rb after rb has been just plain dumb...

You don't remember some of those offensive lines the Bears had when WP was there? Putrid.

The Lions as an organization has rewarded mediocracy for decades. That goes all the way down to the field. The players walking off the field did not even look upset. When Payton Manning or Tom Brady walks off the field after a loss their head is hanging and they are upset, not these clowns. They are joking and smiling and having a good time. Stupid penalites, dropped passes by the WORST tight end in football, blown coverage as usual and just plain not playing hard. Its acutally quite sad but it will never change because the mentallity of the organization starts right at the top. You need to look no further than across the street to see a 100% contrast in ownership. Illitch expects to win and no less is not tolerated!

So for 50 plus years the Lions walk off the field, looking happy? I for one, agree with (i forget who said it, maybe Grandy) that I don't care how they look after a loss. I don't take it as they care less than other teams, that's just ludicrous thinking Brady or Manning care more than say Stafford..

So for 50 plus years the Lions walk off the field, looking happy? I for one, agree with (i forget who said it, maybe Grandy) that I don't care how they look after a loss. I don't take it as they care less than other teams, that's just ludicrous thinking Brady or Manning care more than say Stafford..

Personally, I would like to see how they walk off the field with a win more often!

There does seem to be a difference. Lion players laugh and smile after a loss.. Not saying our players care less then say Manning and Brady but perception means a lot.. And the perception around the league is that the Lions are just the same old Lions...
They sure liked like at Sunday...

There does seem to be a difference. Lion players laugh and smile after a loss.. Not saying our players care less then say Manning and Brady but perception means a lot.. And the perception around the league is that the Lions are just the same old Lions...
They sure liked like at Sunday...

Same old Lions because they make mistakes and don't win ball games. Not about their perception after a loss..

Some people said the same about the Tigers and yet they are about to win their 3rd division title in a row..it means little.

Same old Lions because they make mistakes and don't win ball games. Not about their perception after a loss..

Some people said the same about the Tigers and yet they are about to win their 3rd division title in a row..it means little.

Except the fact is.. Like the other poster said. Manning and Brady would look pissed after a loss...Lions players looked well ..Hey they looked happy after losing..
That is the perception.. Weather it is right or wrong some Lions were yucking it up after blowing yet another game they should have won..

Except the fact is.. Like the other poster said. Manning and Brady would look pissed after a loss...Lions players looked well ..Hey they looked happy after losing..
That is the perception.. Weather it is right or wrong some Lions were yucking it up after blowing yet another game they should have won..

Why would anyone care? Brady and Manning aren't better because they have a better perception.

The Lions not winning aren't because they smile after a loss..would it make you feel better if they looked upset after a loss and then proceeded to lose the next week.? A loss is still a loss..

The Lions problems are stupid drafts, and shitty plays, and mental mistakes..

Back