Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

Bullshit, it's is far from uninterrupted, can't use PayPal anymore, and they have his credit card processors in sight next. It won't stop there. He is begin treated as a terrorist as they are slowly drying up his funds and avenues of communication. Meanwhile, no peace until they win again she says. 26 more days. 50/50 could go either way.

Paypal is not the internet. Credit cards are not the internet. I totally get why these things dramatically impact his bottom line, but those private companies don't owe him anything. The amount of power certain private companies is scary, but that's not the same thing as trying to argue the Alex Jones has a right to someone else's private property.

He could use a toll-free number like has been being used for credit card transactions for decades, but I still say it would not be hard for him to set up his own online system. I?m sure lots of websites that do credit card transactions online have their own internal systems.

I think phone companies could probably ban him too if they wanted. None of that has happened, but it's fair to consider as an exercise. If you want to take the next step, how about banks? Don't legal pot companies have this problem where a lot of financial institutions won't do business with them?

I think phone companies could probably ban him too if they wanted. None of that has happened, but it's fair to consider as an exercise. If you want to take the next step, how about banks? Don't legal pot companies have this problem where a lot of financial institutions won't do business with them?

Not so sure...phone companies are regulated utilities, a lot more tied into the FCC than internet companies...that could more possibly be viewed as government infringement. Also, pot is an industry, not an individual depositor...

Paypal is not the internet. Credit cards are not the internet. I totally get why these things dramatically impact his bottom line, but those private companies don't owe him anything. The amount of power certain private companies is scary, but that's not the same thing as trying to argue the Alex Jones has a right to someone else's private property.

I agree with Tucker Carlson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roxHHb31DFE

Alex Jones is precisely the type of jackass who's rights should be defended. They are now working hard now to get his payment systems shut down from him. Paypal was just the start, they are going after his credit card systems now, basically trying to deny his right to do business on the internet.

You could forward this to your buddy Alex Jones, if you want to help him out.

He doesn't need Pay Pal or anybody else. He can do it himself, just as I suspected.

Have we talked about net neutrality in any of this? While we discuss private internet companies, the FCC has made moves to allow internet providers to have more power over who has access to what.

There's no right to convenience.

edit: if there is, it applies to voting before it applies to sending money to Alex Jones.

the word we were bantering about was uninterrupted, not convenience, my ability to purchase his crap has been interrupted

in other news

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...paigning-Kanye-rapper-visits-White-House.html

CNN now refers to this guy as a token black.
https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-...when-negros-dont-read-token-negro-white-house

Shouldn't big tech consider that hateful and insensitive and ban CNN from their platforms?

Dems the party of tolerance as long as you agree with them. otherwise, they are very intolerant IMO

Last edited:
the word we were bantering about was uninterrupted, not convenience, my ability to purchase his crap has been interrupted

in other news

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...paigning-Kanye-rapper-visits-White-House.html

CNN now refers to this guy as a token black.
https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-...when-negros-dont-read-token-negro-white-house

Shouldn't big tech consider that hateful and insensitive and ban CNN from their platforms?

Dems the party of tolerance as long as you agree with them. otherwise, they are very intolerant IMO

Is PayPal the only way to buy his stuff? If not, your ability to purchase was not interrupted. Only inconvenienced.

Is PayPal the only way to buy his stuff? If not, your ability to purchase was not interrupted. Only inconvenienced.

disagree, it was interrupted when I had to transfer funds back out of PayPal that takes 3-5 business days. I call that interruption.

disagree, it was interrupted when I had to transfer funds back out of PayPal that takes 3-5 business days. I call that interruption.

People that have all their snake oil money locked up in PayPal is probably a pretty limited case.

Back