Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

Signed up with parler today where I can connect and opine with people that might be able to help do something about clown world. I will no longer be participating in any political discussion here at DFS, can't follow multiple places all the time it's too much. I may or may not come back for updates to the Miggy thread. The no fans stuff just doesn't sit well with me. Still can't watch on FOXD either so screw it. Was nice bantering with you all, all these years. That idiot Trump needs to move over to Parler too. he will eventually. Anyone else want to follow me over there PM me for moniker, very few of you will be accepted. Most of the people here are orange man bad people and I just don't have anything left to say to you.

Happy Trails!

You know the old saying about the door not hitting you in the ass on the way out right? Well ignore that, if you are gonna take your ball and go home because not enough people subscribe to the crazy shit you constantly post, then by all means, let it smack you squarely in the Trump-hole.

Quitter.

Signed up with parler today where I can connect and opine with people that might be able to help do something about clown world. I will no longer be participating in any political discussion here at DFS, can't follow multiple places all the time it's too much. I may or may not come back for updates to the Miggy thread. The no fans stuff just doesn't sit well with me. Still can't watch on FOXD either so screw it. Was nice bantering with you all, all these years. That idiot Trump needs to move over to Parler too. he will eventually. Anyone else want to follow me over there PM me for moniker, very few of you will be accepted. Most of the people here are orange man bad people and I just don't have anything left to say to you.

Happy Trails!

I hope you find the echo chamber you're looking for.

Not agreeing with you and others on most things Trump is the best part of reading/posting here. Most of the time he does something and I say "Wtf?" but then I can come here for how his supporters are reacting positively and see why. I won't usually agree but I like to see where they're coming from.

Being surrounded by people that agree with you all the time sounds extremely boring and counter productive to me. It also subscribes to my opinion that politics has become more like a sporting event where it's my team vs your team. You generally don't want to hang out with another team's fans during a game. Politics shouldn't be like that imo.

I hope you find the echo chamber you're looking for.

Not agreeing with you and others on most things Trump is the best part of reading/posting here. Most of the time he does something and I say "Wtf?" but then I can come here for how his supporters are reacting positively and see why. I won't usually agree but I like to see where they're coming from.

Being surrounded by people that agree with you all the time sounds extremely boring and counter productive to me. It also subscribes to my opinion that politics has become more like a sporting event where it's my team vs your team. You generally don't want to hang out with another team's fans during a game. Politics shouldn't be like that imo.

You’ve missed the main point, need to connect and converse not with an echo chamber but rather those in position to act, time is running out, the election isn’t far away. Nobody here is going to change anything. Parler is the new Twitter spartanmack, the first amendment is welcome there unlike twitter, Facebook and evil smoogle it’s we’re all the conservatives are going after they get kicked off of twitter. dan bongino Is part owner.

Careful though I can already tell there are moles and instigating undercovers crawling around it.

Agree sgg sports and politics should never mix, it’s unfortunate.

Last edited:
never even heard of parler before today.

Same. Found this snippet though.

Although it has become the poster child for free expression online, Parler since its inception has had a long list of community guidelines that outline what it won’t allow, including obscenity, terrorist content and “fighting words,” or calls to incite violence.

Those standards were tested in late June when Parler chief executive and co-founder John Matze, apparently frustrated with some of the company’s new customers, posted a response to complaints on Twitter from people who said they were banned on Parler.

“Here are a few basic rules we need you to follow on Parler,” he wrote. He added some bullet points building off the company’s existing guidelines, with more specificity, including, “When you disagree with someone, posting pictures of your fecal matter in the comment section WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.”

The shit slinging has literally begun. :clap:

I did also read that they don't sell data. If true, big bonus points for that.

Last edited:
the first amendment is welcome there unlike twitter, Facebook and evil smoogle it’s we’re all the conservatives are going after they get kicked off of twitter. dan bongino Is part owner.

This never works though. Anyone that tries to be 'serious' about the first amendment gets swamped with pedos, Nazis, and anarchists until they have to reinvent the same rules everybody else is struggling with.

There aren't any clear cut rules to account for determined people that adapt their slang. There's always grey area and claims of what's a joke and what's not. If Parler figures it out, they'll deserve the win.

Last edited:
Same. Found this snippet though.

The shit slinging has literally begun. :clap:

I did also read that they don't sell data. If true, big bonus points for that.

I looked it up too and saw it was basically twitter for conservatives. I see the point but I'm not a fan of the idea of a group think echo chamber for either side. If I look at it like tariffs (opposed to them but I'm ok with using them as a temporary tool to force a fair exchange) it's probably ok but I don't see how this forces twitter, et al to stop censoring the opposition. Agree though on the not selling data part - hope they're not invading privacy in other ways as well.

are you saying Jack Dorsey is a victim of cable news? Tough to place blame elsewhere given his active involvement in censoring content.
You pull the goofiest stuff out of the air. Every single time you have some variation of 'Are you saying' or 'You're saying' in a post, you should go back and start over because you are always wrong about that part. Nobody is ever saying what you think (or wish) they said.

Now go back and outline the mental gymnastics you went through to twist a comment on the cause of us fracturing into opposing camps into Jack Dorsey being a victim of cable news. It will absolutely prove how right you are to everyone. We'll all applaud.

You pull the goofiest stuff out of the air. Every single time you have some variation of 'Are you saying' or 'You're saying' in a post, you should go back and start over because you are always wrong about that part. Nobody is ever saying what you think (or wish) they said.

it was a question, and a legitimate one. You should know when you see one of these "?" at the end of a sentence. No need to go back, you can't be "wrong" when asking a question, so maybe you should go back and start over because you're the one putting words in people's mouths or ideas in their heads and like most cases, you're wrong. Re-read your post, then re-read mine.

Jack Dorsey is openly and actively censoring content. Parler is an alternative to twitter, not to cable news. That's OAN or FOX. Your post says what it says, my post is asking what you mean, dumbass.

Last edited:
it was a question, and a legitimate one. You should know when you see one of these "?" at the end of a sentence. No need to go back, you can't be "wrong" when asking a question, so maybe you should go back and start over because you're the one putting words in people's mouths or ideas in their heads and like most cases, you're wrong. Re-read your post, then re-read mine.

Jack Dorsey is openly and actively censoring content. Parler is an alternative to twitter, not to cable news. That's OAN or FOX. Your post says what it says, my post is asking what you mean, dumbass.

I included both cases. The question and the statement version of your Tolkien-level ability. I gave you a blanket answer. For everybody. When it's a question, the answer is always 'no'.

Now go back and outline the mental gymnastics you went through to twist a comment on the cause of us fracturing into opposing camps into Jack Dorsey being a victim of cable news. It will absolutely prove how right you are to everyone. We'll all applaud.

I?m not saying jack is a victim of anything. I?m wondering why you place more blame on cable news than on Jack Dorsey and Twitter for people abandoning his platform and creating a competing platform because of his censorship.

Here?s a gymnastics example of the kind of mental gymnastics required to say it?s more the fault of cable news than of twitter for people developing a competing platform for twitter:

https://youtu.be/X2C-TCNiDCs

I?m not saying jack is a victim of anything. I?m wondering why you place more blame on cable news than on Jack Dorsey and Twitter for people abandoning his platform and creating a competing platform because of his censorship.

I'm saying we were well on our way to splitting into fractured camps by cable news. Years ago. Before people got their 'news' from Twitter. You're spinning it into something it's not...or...I guess you're just asking questions, which can't be wrong.

Or are you saying you've finally stopped beating your wife?

I'm saying we were well on our way to splitting into fractured camps by cable news. Years ago. Before people got their 'news' from Twitter. You're spinning it into something it's not...or...I guess you're just asking questions, which can't be wrong.

Or are you saying you've finally stopped beating your wife?

that's right, answers can be wrong, but not questions. I can't help it if you read into a question, get offended and overreact to it. That's on you.

And no, I've never said that because I can't stop doing something I've never started doing. See, it's not that hard to not be offended, even by a question as stupid as that one.

Last edited:
that's right, answers can be wrong, but not questions. I can't help it if you read into a question, get offended and overreact to it. That's on you.

And no, I've never said that because I can't stop doing something I've never started doing. See, it's not that hard to not be offended, even by a question as stupid as that one.

See how you're not talking about twitter or cable TV? That's how that BS works. Doesn't matter how you answer. Of course you already knew how it works. You do it all the time.

Accusing me of being offended is another cheap ploy. What do you think you said that's so offensive?

Last edited:
Back