Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

Last edited:
hmmm, the New York Times (which by the way was apparently founded by a slave owning family) and a music magazine using incomplete data to draw conclusions about their most hated person in the world. Sounds pretty convincing.

It's fair to consider the source, but it also doesn't matter if he's the worst, or just in the worst 10% or even the worst 25%. None of it is a strong credential for running stuff.

It's fair to consider the source, but it also doesn't matter if he's the worst, or just in the worst 10% or even the worst 25%. None of it is a strong credential for running stuff.

That's not necessarily true. Let's say for a second that they're 100% right - it doesn't make Trump much different from a lot very wealthy people. There are tons of stories of people who went bankrupt from business failures, losing everything and bouncing back, it's not at all uncommon for it to have happened to a person more than once. The article was written in 2019, weird that their analysis stops at 1994.

Besides, I'll take a person who bounced back from failures in private enterprise over someone who spent their entire career (47 years in Biden's case) in government any day.

Last edited:
That's not necessarily true. Let's say for a second that they're 100% right - it doesn't make Trump much different from a lot very wealthy people. There are tons of stories of wealthy people going bankrupt and losing everything and bouncing back, it's not at all uncommon for it to have happened to a person more than once.

Besides, I'll take a person who bounced back from failures in private enterprise over someone who spent their entire career (47 years in Biden's case) in government any day.

Peddling branding and fame has a big impact these days, but I think of that as a negative symptom of the state of things.

Peddling branding and fame has a big impact these days, but I think of that as a negative symptom of the state of things.

maybe, but anyone who thinks he's more of a con-artist than people like the Clintons, Obamas and Bidens who are getting rich the exact same way, plus very likely from corrupt influence peddling at the expense of American citizens, is out of their minds. At least Trump built and peddled his brand as a private citizen.

Last edited:
maybe, but anyone who thinks he's more of a con-artist than people like the Clintons, Obamas and Bidens who are getting rich the exact same way, plus very likely from corrupt influence peddling at the expense of American citizens, is out of their minds. At least Trump built and peddled his brand as a private citizen.
More symptoms of the times. People getting rich not doing anything useful. If you only have $100, getting to $110 is hard. If you have $100 million, getting to $110 million is inevitable.

More symptoms of the times. People getting rich not doing anything useful. If you only have $100, getting to $110 is hard. If you have $100 million, getting to $110 million is inevitable.

maybe, but there's a big difference between getting rich doing something you think is useless and getting rich doing something harmful and detrimental to American interests.

Out, damned spot!

Been a while since we seen this thread, but I tend not to want to start new threads when there’s already a thread that’s kinda sorta about the subject of a post.

In case none of youse mugs is familiar with the quote in the link, that’s Shakespeare, boys!

Out, damned spot!

Been a while since we seen this thread, but I tend not to want to start new threads when there?s already a thread that?s kinda sorta about the subject of a post.

In case none of youse mugs is familiar with the quote in the link, that?s Shakespeare, boys!

Takes millions from large company and is surprised they want to put their hands on how things are done. Shocker there.

Takes millions from large company and is surprised they want to put their hands on how things are done. Shocker there.

Well, the they doesn’t seem to be them; the contract writing bosses hired by the shareholders (or whomever owns Spotify, presumably somebody does).

It seems to be a group of Spotify employees.

I know next to nothing about Spotify, and I know fairly little about Joe Rogan – I don’t think I had ever heard of him until our buddy tiger mud started making posts about him on this blog.

One thing I have figured out - He’s the show. He brings the eyeballs. And he seems to have name people who respect him from all corners of the political spectrum.

I’m pretty sure the protesting employees at Spotify ain’t the show.

Once upon a time I attended as a spectator a panel discussion about the media. One of the panelists was Terry Bradshaw, the rest were people that no one had ever heard of.

Somebody in the audience asked a question noting that in a humorous way, which made everyone in the audience and on the panel laugh, and Bradshaw’s response was “yes-it’s definitely a star driven business.”

I don’t watch Joe Rogan’s podcasts or I guess YouTube videos or whatever.

But a lot of people do.

The guy is the show.

Last edited:
Well, the they doesn’t seem to be them; the contract writing bosses hired by the shareholders (or whomever owns Spotify, presumably somebody does).

It seems to be a group of Spotify employees.

I know next to nothing about Spotify, and I know fairly little about Joe Rogan – I don’t think I had ever heard of him until our buddy tiger mud started making posts about him on this blog.

One thing I have figured out - He’s the show. He brings the eyeballs. And he seems to have name people who respect him from all corners of the political spectrum.

I’m pretty sure the protesting employees at Spotify ain’t the show.

Once upon a time I attended as a spectator a panel discussion about the media. One of the panelists was Terry Bradshaw, the rest were people that no one had ever heard of.

Somebody in the audience asked a question noting that in a humorous way, which made everyone in the audience and on the panel laugh, and Bradshaw’s response was “yes-it’s definitely a star driven business.”

I don’t watch Joe Rogan’s podcasts or I guess YouTube videos or whatever.

But a lot of people do.

The guy is the show.

I watch his show depending on the guest. He's good at what he does.

But I think expecting nothing to change when taking on that kind of contract is naive. Regardless of how or why the changes come about is irrelevant.

I hope nothing changes, like I said, I enjoy his podcast.

*edit* Also, kudos for not starting a new thread. Good forum etiquette.

Last edited:
I watch his show depending on the guest. He's good at what he does.

But I think expecting nothing to change when taking on that kind of contract is naive. Regardless of how or why the changes come about is irrelevant.

I hope nothing changes, like I said, I enjoy his podcast.

*edit* Also, kudos for not starting a new thread. Good forum etiquette.

If he truly wants to maintain his independence, his only option is going to be to back out of his contract with Spotify & not take corporate money.

Also, FWIW, this sort of thing is coordinated between government and big business/corporate media. It's not an accident, even if they try to make it look like that. His show is hugely influential and he's used it to expose his audience to a lot of opinions that they'd otherwise be shielded from by design. This is an intentional attempt to buy him & get him to fall in line. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

If he truly wants to maintain his independence, his only option is going to be to back out of his contract with Spotify & not take corporate money.

Also, FWIW, this sort of thing is coordinated between government and big business/corporate media. It's not an accident, even if they try to make it look like that. His show is hugely influential and he's used it to expose his audience to a lot of opinions that they'd otherwise be shielded from by design. This is an intentional attempt to buy him & get him to fall in line. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

IMO, the more anonymous a podcaster is, the more willing I am to consider what they are saying and accept or dismiss it. Someone on the radar will be assimilated or eviscerated.

IMO, the more anonymous a podcaster is, the more willing I am to consider what they are saying and accept or dismiss it. Someone on the radar will be assimilated or eviscerated.

Anonymity < financial independence

Tigermud in shambles.

Facebook bans all QAnon groups as dangerous amid surging misinformation

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Facebook Inc FB.O on Tuesday classified the QAnon conspiracy theory movement as dangerous and began removing Facebook groups and pages as well as Instagram accounts that hold themselves out as representatives.

The step escalates an August policy that banned a third of QAnon groups here for promoting violence while allowing most to stay, albeit with content appearing less often in news feeds. Instead of relying on user reports, Facebook staff now will treat QAnon like other militarized bodies, seeking out and deleting groups and pages, the company said in a blog post here.

Since the August restrictions, some QAnon groups have added members, and others used coded language to evade detection, for example referring to “cue” instead of Q. Meanwhile, adherents have worked to integrate themselves in other groups, such as those concerned with child safety and those critical of restrictions on gatherings due to the coronavirus, according to researchers at Facebook and elsewhere.

“While we’ve removed QAnon content that celebrates and supports violence, we’ve seen other QAnon content tied to different forms of real world harm, including recent claims that the west coast wildfires were started by certain groups,” Facebook wrote.

“QAnon messaging changes very quickly and we see networks of supporters build an audience with one message and then quickly pivot to another.”

Recent QAnon posts have spread false information about voting and about COVID-19, researchers said, even claiming that President Donald Trump faked his diagnosis of COVID-19 in order to orchestrate secret arrests.

Classed as a potential source of domestic terrorism by the FBI, QAnon is driven by an anonymous internet poster nicknamed Q who claims to be a Trump administration insider. The core, nonsensical claim is that Trump is secretly leading a crackdown against an enormous pedophile ring that includes prominent Democrats and the Hollywood elite.

There has been no surge in arrests, and the fictitious Satanic rituals that the group cites echo longstanding legends used to anger people for political reasons, often against minorities.

Trump has praised the group as patriotic, and more than a dozen Republican congressional candidates have promoted it.

superman-in-super-agony.gif

Too many rich people have a stake in FB to allow opinions that are not “popular” ... which nullifies the very concept of opinion.

Back