Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions sign Stafford to 5 year $135 Million deal, highest paid QB, now restructured

cause as you point out in an earlier post....he throws it hundreds of times more than other qbs! You cant use the stats both ways. Hes bottom 7 in average air yards. Stop twisting shit....

It's because the winds always blowing 37mph in the offenses face......otherwise he'd average 17 yards per throw.......duh Hughes!

Last edited:
Stafford has full reign of that offense.....I've heard everyone from Caldwell to Collinsworth and Gruden talk about it. He can change any play he wants at any time.

I don't think he calls plays though.....ala Terry Bradshaw. So I guess it all depends on your definition of full reign.

I understand he can audible, and many do. But they call the plays based on what he does best.. Short throws. That's kind of what I meant. It used to be throw deep now and then, even if incomplete, to open up run game. I don't want a ton of INT but heave it up a bit more. Even the 20-30 yard routes..

Imo, partly on the OC/HC partly on Matt and partly because it seems everyone is a slot guy these days.

Last edited:
Stafford was 9th in attempts. Not a million more than anybody

He's an elite QB. Full control of offense, can go deep plenty and was playing like an MVP before the injury.

No run game. Makes it harder to throw deep
Protection problem harder to throw deep
Jones and Ebron can get deep. Tate and Boldin or backup tight ends not so much last year. And RBs don't go deep.

He threw it deep plenty, he's an elite QB

The simple explanation is had we not paid him there would have been a line of teams more than happy to pay him. As a FA he could have gotten 30 mil per. Had we tagged him he would have cost us more. And replacing your QB a year after upgrading the OL wouldnt have made any sense.

The simple explanation is had we not paid him there would have been a line of teams more than happy to pay him. As a FA he could have gotten 30 mil per. Had we tagged him he would have cost us more. And replacing your QB a year after upgrading the OL wouldnt have made any sense.

No brainer.. It's the way it works. But I'm not sure having him vs not having him makes that much difference. Win 9 games and no playoff wins, or win 4 games and no playoff wins.. At least we'd get better draft picks for awhile.

Obviously that was never going to happen but damn it win some games.

No brainer.. It's the way it works. But I'm not sure having him vs not having him makes that much difference. Win 9 games and no playoff wins, or win 4 games and no playoff wins.. At least we'd get better draft picks for awhile.

Obviously that was never going to happen but damn it win some games.

I want wtf ever you are smoking bud that must be some gooooooooood shit. The guy brought us back to win the game 8 times last year.... How many teams would be more than ecstatic to win 9 games a year? A TON OF THEM. Not many teams make the playoffs each year so yes it is harder to win a playoff game especially when our winning % against good teams is garbage and I put most of that blame solely on our defenses shoulders. I mean NOT Stafford's fault we couldn't stop Brees or Wilson in those playoff games, yes we might not have had the best showing offensively but it totally takes the wind out of your sails when you get down early in games like that against good teams on the road like that....

Last edited:
I want wtf ever you are smoking bud that must be some gooooooooood shit. The guy brought us back to win the game 8 times last year.... How many teams would be more than ecstatic to win 9 games a year? A TON OF THEM. Not many teams make the playoffs each year so yes it is harder to win a playoff game especially when our winning % against good teams is garbage and I put most of that blame solely on our defenses shoulders. I mean NOT Stafford's fault we couldn't stop Brees or Wilson in those playoff games, yes we might not have had the best showing offensively but it totally takes the wind out of your sails when you get down early in games like that against good teams on the road like that....

Still zero playoff wins. Can't gloat on him for comeback wins but then say it's a team when it comes to playoff loses.

I thought QB rating wasn't a QB stat?

1v6q60.jpg

IgjN3xE.gif

Last edited:
Haven't you dummies realized? He's ALWAYS like this in preseason and gets better when the season actually starts....

Haven't you dummies realized? He's ALWAYS like this in preseason and gets better when the season actually starts....

I think his behavior and opinions stay the same no matter what. Whether he sounds insane or not is completely contingent on how the Lions are actually playing. It's when the Lions are playing bad or inconsistent and he's still predicting Super Bowl that the insanity shines through.

I think his behavior and opinions stay the same no matter what. Whether he sounds insane or not is completely contingent on how the Lions are actually playing. It's when the Lions are playing bad or inconsistent and he's still predicting Super Bowl that the insanity shines through.

i think he just takes his meds during the season.

Clearly you don't read posts after a loss. It's all excuses. Refs, weather, concentrated injuries, luck (amazing that only opponents get lucky).

It's old. He's back on ignore for me. He makes this board worse with his presence.....which is sad.

Back