Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

LOL @ Inge

kingofdetroit57

Can we start the Inge DFA countdown yet?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7506703/prince-fielder-introduced-detroit-tigers

"Leyland said Brandon Inge, who is being displaced because of Fielder's arrival caused Cabrera's move to third, "isn't the happiest camper." Leyland also said he thought Cabrera was capable of handling defensive duties at third."

I heard Leyland say he's got no plans for late inning defensive replacements for Cabrera either.

Inge has been delusional for years. Is he really surprised we want to upgrade at 3B?

The only way I see him staying is if he can convert to 2B and win the starting job there. Otherwise, what good is he? We've got Kelly, Raburn and Santiago already.

might be a good time to trade him, since 3rd basemen are few this year.

hellifino said:
Isn't he a 10/5 guy or did that go away when he was sent down?

kingofdetroit57 said:
hellifino said:
Isn't he a 10/5 guy or did that go away when he was sent down?

not sure, but seeing how we couldn't find anyone to replace Cringe, he might be valuable to somebody out there.

Inge countdown....lol

I don't think any of us would mind Inge as much if he wasn't whining each time a better player was brought in at his position.
First Pudge..
Then at third getting huffy...
Inge apparently thinks he plays third with Brooks Robinson's defense and the hitting of Schmidt, Brett, and Mathews.

He got bumped for Pudge and Cabrera for God's sake! I could understand if he got huffy over Kelly or Laird, but c'mon. This guy is so dillusional, it's crazy.

kingofdetroit57 said:
He got bumped for Pudge and Cabrera for God's sake! I could understand if he got huffy over Kelly or Laird, but c'mon. This guy is so dillusional, it's crazy.

Yeah, I agree with that.

kingofdetroit57 said:
I heard Leyland say he's got no plans for late inning defensive replacements for Cabrera either.

Uh-oh, I figured that Inge would at least be used off the bench as a late-innings defensive backup @ 3rd, as well as maybe less often in the OF corners. The Tigers can't have Inge fuming on the bench with a dark cloud over his head, better to release him ASAP, since they probably can't even give him away for nothing.

Here's another chance for Inge to be an important role player on a good team and he'd rather pout. Leyland loves versatility, Inge, for all is faults, is exactly that, and he wants to be a fixture at third base. #liketryingtomoldabrinkwithbarehands

Turok said:
kingofdetroit57 said:

Uh-oh, I figured that Inge would at least be used off the bench as a late-innings defensive backup @ 3rd, as well as maybe less often in the OF corners. The Tigers can't have Inge fuming on the bench with a dark cloud over his head, better to release him ASAP, since they probably can't even give him away for nothing.

I'm sure they will wait to see how Miggy plays at 3B. Since the DH spot is open if Miggy struggles he can just DH.

The guy barely gets to .200 and he doesn't understand why he'd be replaced? LoL.

Inge cannot be traded unless he agrees, and I can't think of a single GM retarded enough to take him.

Inge has one more year... We are paying him what 5-6 million.. We are stuck with him for another year.. I cannot believe he is complaining... What a dingbat...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Inge has one more year... We are paying him what 5-6 million.. We are stuck with him for another year.. I cannot believe he is complaining... What a dingbat...

Inge's contract expires after this (2012) season.
I don't expect Cabrera to last very long assigned to 3B. I think the announcement is nothing more than a PR move - until a future trade occurs with another roster player..... most likely an outfielder.

MotownWebGuy said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Inge has one more year... We are paying him what 5-6 million.. We are stuck with him for another year.. I cannot believe he is complaining... What a dingbat...

Inge's contract expires after this (2102) season.

which = 1 year (season if you prefer) like Bob said....

Back