Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mario Williams?

Mario Williams is worth every fucking penny , just as Calvin is...they're both game changers....Bills will put him back at DE where he belongs , they now have a pretty formidable DLINE....Just my opinion but I like the signing....somebody was gonna give him a boatload of cash....and if it would have been the Lions guys on here woulda been nutting their fruit of the looms.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Is Avril even out there alking to other teams or can he not do that?

He can do as he pleases...now that Mario is gone DE's should start getting a little bit of play....

I agree he's worth it. I guess I wasn't expecting 50 guarantee. I hope he takes Sanchez and Brady out this season.

SLICK said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Is Avril even out there alking to other teams or can he not do that?

He can do as he pleases...now that Mario is gone DE's should start getting a little bit of play....

see....here we go

John Abraham - DL - Falcons

NFL.com's Jason La Canfora reports the Titans and Broncos are interested in free agent DE John Abraham.

LB haven't been signing yet either. I assume when one does, they're all go.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]LB haven't been signing yet either. I assume when one does, they're all go.

yup...I imagine they're waiting on Lofton

I read Lofton and Tulloch wanna use Dqwell Jackson deal as a starting point.

lp4ever41 said:
$16.7 mil/year. Not quite $18 but still a ton

gotta see the details......last two years could count $40 mill that he probably wouldn't see...just like A Haynesworth deal of $100 Mill...he didnt see 1/3 of it

This Williams deal seems a bit large. I was expecting it but im not sure he is necessarily worth it. I think he is a tremendous talent that has had trouble keeping healthy and has only posted double digit sacks twice. Obviously its not all about sacks and he is a very good DE so maybe it will work out for buffalo.

lol aside from tearing his pectoral last year he missed 3 games in 5 seasons over which he basically averaged 10 sacks per year.

hes every bit the talent peppers is. in my opinion it's actually a pretty decent deal as if he was a FA next season and the cap was higher he prolly gets 10 mill more.

edit: looked at his stats and he had ~48 in his first 5

lionsftw said:
lol aside from tearing his pectoral last year he missed 3 games in 5 seasons over which he basically averaged 10 sacks per year.

hes every bit the talent peppers is. in my opinion it's actually a pretty decent deal as if he was a FA next season and the cap was higher he prolly gets 10 mill more.

edit: looked at his stats and he had ~48 in his first 5

agree he is as talented....but just to correct you a bit he had 3 seperate injuries this year. He just had surgery on his foot. Bills geared up for the 3-4 with guys like Merriman and their draft bust of a couple years ago. they needed a guy to set the edge in the 4-3.....williams was worth every penny. As long as he can stay on the field.

I love their defense with Dareus, Mario, Barnett, Byrd. They need to move Aaron Williams to safety and grab a top tier CB and theyd be solid. They can put up some points when their offense is healthy....with an improved defense they should be able to compete.

Back