Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

well, the Lions scored less than 9 points twice this year...so

Year 3 he has already led his team to 12 wins. Diggs is good and playing well. Allen is elevating him with his good QB play. Something Matt doesn't do well.

Allen in year 3 is better than Matt after 12 years. :lmao:

If lions defense held a team to 9, lions offense scores more than 9 points. Short fields and more top

Stafford elevates the passing offense even without his number 1. All qbs. All need more than what stafford is getting

Packers with 32nd ranked d and no run game would suck..see 2017 and 2018 packers for proof

Stafford year 3 4th in qb rating and 41 tds. Stfu about allen

Last edited:
If lions defense held a team to 9, lions offense scores more than 9 points. Short fields and more top

Stafford elevates the passing offense even without his number 1. All qbs. All need more than what stafford is getting

Packers with 32nd ranked d and no run game would suck..see 2017 and 2018 packers for proof

Stafford year 3 4th in qb rating and 41 tds. Stfu about allen

oh, I forgot about Stafford year three. 97.1 rating. His career year.:cheers:

That would rank 14th this year. :lmao::tup:

he had 16 INTs that year too. The most anybody has this year is 15
People over hype the INT. Its when more than how many. Back in the day everyone was throwing INT. Now with the shorter passes and the rules that benefit O more than D - I'm surprised anyone throws an INT anymore.

People over hype the INT. Its when more than how many. Back in the day everyone was throwing INT. Now with the shorter passes and the rules that benefit O more than D - I'm surprised anyone throws an INT anymore.

that's true. Matt typically throws his at the worst times. It seems like a lot of his are in the red zone, in the opponents red zone, or taken back for TDs.

I was comparing Matt to Allen because the last 2 Monday night games I watched both happened to be Bills games...and Allen looked great in both. They said that inside the red zone he was really great.

Looked it up.

62.2% completion percentage, 109.7 rating, 30 total TDs (includes 7 rushing) and no picks

Matt
54.7 completion percentage, 89.8 rating, 17 TDs (no rushing) and 2 INTs.

All of the stats say Matt is above average. I gave him "good" earlier in the year...I was being too generous.

Last edited:
that's true. Matt typically throws his at the worst times. It seems like a lot of his are in the red zone, in the opponents red zone, or taken back for TDs.

I was comparing Matt to Allen because the last 2 Monday night games I watched both happened to be Bills games...and Allen looked great in both. They said that inside the red zone he was really great.

Looked it up.

62.2% completion percentage, 109.7 rating, 30 total TDs (includes 7 rushing) and no picks

Matt
54.7 completion percentage, 89.8 rating, 17 TDs (no rushing) and 2 INTs.

All of the stats say Matt is above average. I gave him "good" earlier in the year...I was being too generous.
Maybe next season you'll downgrade him to just average.

No way. A Stafford debate? On this board?

Crazy.

Well, it goes to show how polarizing he is and the fact that he isn't all what we want him to be. We wouldn't be debating if he was a true game-changing QB. He always straddles the line between the two.

Stafford had a finger injury causing 9 of those 16 ints..9 in like 3 games. Stafford had a great year

All these conversations are the reason this team sucks. They built this team completely ass backwards. The draft is about value. We never get any value out of our drafts...even when we select guys we think are talented like Hock and Swift.

1) You never commit this many early round picks to RB.
Best - 2 picks
Leshoure - 2 picks
Kerryon - 2 picks? i cant remember if we traded up for him.
Swift All the talent in the world. 460 yards...he produces the same as an undrafted bum from Chico State.
Abdullah

2) Committing 2 top 10 picks to TE? WTF? Hockenson is a good player....but he does not produce like a top 10 talent....so we did not get value. He produces the same as a undrafted guy like Tonyan.

3) Committing 25+ million to a qb when your team wins 3 - 5 games a year. Dont care who he is...dont care what he can be. Dont care if hes "elite" or garbage. You simply dont need that cap hit on your team when your team blows. Take him off the team and you win 3 games instead of 5?...who the fuck cares

You are now in full rebuild mode. New HC, New GM. Once they are in place the emphasis needs to be on:

1) new front 7 on defense with an emphasis on improving the LB position and Edge Rusher that can apply pressure in whatever the new scheme is. They will have to change personnel if they are no longer a 3-4.
2) Qb Decision. IMO if you get multiple picks for stafford then you move on. If not, you keep him.
3) Figuring out how to revamp the WR position. What do you do with Jones and KG?
4) New RG and RT.

And just to recap the value from the 2020 draft:
Okudah - BWahahahahahahaha lol. His highlightes included being 7 yards behind a receiver on a simple go route and 4yards behind his receiver on a 7 yard slant...in the same game.

Swift - meh. Produced about as much as a 6th rounder.

Okwara - who?

Jackson - good starter. Thats what expected from a 3rd rd OL.

Logan Stenberg - never saw him

cut some RB

Cephus - meh...played some meaningful snaps. Basically our #4 WR at this point. Didnt produce that much, but saw the field often.

Penisini best value from this draft. Our 6th roud DT was the best value we got lmao.

DE that was Injured all year

Last edited:
Edge was good with Flowers, okwara, okwara and griffen trade. Two of them got hurt..and never got a true good jack. Never found their hightower either but collins was good to solid. Hand is good too but gets hurt too much as well..

Two dline and 2 lbs a must..decision on collins too then 3 lbs. And a good box safety and free safety. Walker showed good things two years but should be 3rd safety on final year of his rookie deal

8 new defensive starters and one new oline

3 wrs fas sucks. But kg question now with injuries..have to be glad didnt extend him..they can bring marvin back cheap at his age. But good fa wrs available and probably a draft pick

And then stafford. Keep him but if someone offers two 1sts and a day 2 pick then its time..lions blew their chance with a hof qb. May as well let him win elsewhere especially if he wants out. He dererves a team that wins and supports him even with average defense and run game..

Edge was good with Flowers, okwara, okwara and griffen trade. Two of them got hurt..and never got a true good jack. Never found their hightower either but collins was good to solid. Hand is good too but gets hurt too much as well..

Two dline and 2 lbs a must..decision on collins too then 3 lbs. And a good box safety and free safety. Walker showed good things two years but should be 3rd safety on final year of his rookie deal

3 wrs fas sucks. But kg question now with injuries..have to be glad didnt extend him..they can bring marvin back cheap at his age. But good fa wrs available and probably a draft pick

And then stafford. Keep him but if someone offers two 1sts and a day 2 pick then its time..lions blew their chance with a hof qb. May as well let him win elsewhere especially if he wants out. He dererves a team that wins and supports him even with average defense and run game..
Do you just copy and past your stuff? Might as well just add all this in your signature.

Please stop saying stupid shit. Edge was fucking terrible.

1) flowers isn't an edge rusher... he's a 3-4 DE.
2) okwara is garbage. Top tier Edge rushers should be getting double the sacks he gets.
3) griffen has played in like 3 games and is not an edge rusher.
4) hand is pure garbage and is 3-4 DE

Our "edge" rusher was a mix of okwara and fucking christian Jones. Potentially the worst edge rush combination in the league.

Flowers 8th ranked edge in league..good in pass rush amd run d..it was a massive injury. You guys are football clueless.

Lions dont run a pure 3 4 either..jesus its like you close your eyes during games

Romeo is good.

Griffen 3.5 sacks in 6 games..not 3 games. Again..pay attention. That is 9 sack pace for 16 games

J okwara big potential

Edge good. Injuries screwed lions

Last edited:
I read an article that 29 other teams had more significant injuries than Detroit.

Probably because we have so few significant players.

lol...that was really good.

The Lions don't have one single player that is a "difference maker" Not a single player that is worthy of being a no brainer pro bowler, let alone even SNIFF first of second team all pro.

Probably because we have so few significant players.

Yep. It's a fun thought experiment. How many of our players, offense and defense would be starting for other teams that are playoff-bound?

On defense, I honestly don't think a SINGLE Lion would start for another team.

Offense? Stafford for some, Hockensen, Golladay, a couple of the offensive linemen maybe, Marvin Jones? Besides that?

So maybe 3-5 guys on the ENTIRE roster that would start for teams? That's how fucking devoid of talent this team is.

Last edited:
Back