Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

Flowers ranks top 10, kg 1000 yard wr and td leader and trufant is good. Good doesnt always mean pro bowl but trufant is good and injury hurt this team all season

Flowers ranks top 10, kg 1000 yard wr and td leader and trufant is good. Good doesnt always mean pro bowl but trufant is good and injury hurt this team all season

you have a pretty low bar for "good"

I will give you Ragnow and Hock. Hock only made it because Kittle was out and the lack of quality TEs in the NFC.

So they have 2 good players.

Stafford not clearly great...can't even make the top 3 in the NFC. :lmao:

Tonyan is better than hock. 10 tds and similar yards. Pro bowl snub. Rodgers once again making players better while top 10 picks falter under Stafford.

detroit_blows.png

Tonyan is better than hock. 10 tds and similar yards. Pro bowl snub. Rodgers once again making players better while top 10 picks falter under Stafford.

I'm not going to nit pick too much. I would add Tonyan in that group of above average TEs

There are 2 great TEs in the NFL. Kelce and Kittle.

There are 2 good TEs in the league. Waller and Andrews

Hock is in the above average group with these guys
Thomas
Ingram
Henry
Fant
Gesicki
Gronk
Tonyan

Your hate of hock is crazy. Bashing for no reason. Above average. Fuck that nonsense

Last edited:
Your hate of hock is crazy. Bashing for no reason

how is putting him in a group of his equals bashing him? we are saying he is above average just like these guys:

Thomas
Ingram
Henry
Fant
Gesicki
Gronk
Tonyan

All have similar stats and similar production.

how is putting him in a group of his equals bashing him? we are saying he is above average just like these guys:

Thomas
Ingram
Henry
Fant
Gesicki
Gronk
Tonyan

All have similar stats and similar production.

And without looking, I'm guessing that none of those guys were picked as high as Hockensen.

Hock is 18th in cap hit and 19th in 2021..people are paying tight ends way more

Hock is a steal

Last edited:

Hock is a steal

Compare him to guys that produce like he does

Tonyan $750K
Thomas $2.5M
Gesicki $1.5M
Fant $2.8M
Hock $4.5 M

Then look at the draft capitol that was used to acquire those players.

Not really looking like much of a bargain.

Hock is a steal

Irrelevant since he's on a rookie deal and many others aren't. One of your worse attempts at cherry picking.

Irrelevant since he's on a rookie deal and many others aren't. One of your worse attempts at cherry picking.

Very relevant. Its important how much cap space he takes up. And again thr hypocrisy of noting rookie deals for some and not caring that lions players arr past the rookie deal.

Hock is a steal for that cap price. 2 more cheap seasons then 5th year option. Super important

Hock is a top 5 te. Worth the draft pick amd is a very good player. Yet here we are on a fucking lions board and everyone trying to slight the guy. You people are pathetic

Hock is a top 5 te. Worth the draft pick amd is a very good player. Yet here we are on a fucking lions board and everyone trying to slight the guy. You people are pathetic

I doubt that he is a top 5 TE. There are clearly 4 that are significantly better than he is. Then there are about 9 guys that are similar. Hock is in that group.

Goedert
Gesicki
Hock
fant
henry
engram
logan thomas
Gronk
Tonyan

Is he at the top of that group...probably not, but there is not much of a distinction between any of them. Could he improve given his age and athletic ability...sure. I actually think he could ascend to the top of that list...he, Fant & Thomas seem to have some nice upside.

He also failed to mention that one of the TEs that carry a higher cap number is the Lions very own Jesse James. Brilliant move by Quinn

Between James and Hock, $10.5M cap hit

Hock is 4th in yards, 7th in tds and is a better blocker than all of those guys. He is a clear top 5 te..stop hating. You guys worst fans of any organization ever

Lions lose because of you guys. Number 1 reason. Also none of you would be good gms..quinn and mayhew would run circles around you. Hard facts

Lions lose because of you guys. Number 1 reason. Also none of you would be good gms..quinn and mayhew would run circles around you. Hard facts

We would have been better off drafting Mel Kiper's best available in the draft instead of Quinn or Mayhew picks. So I could have done better than Bob or Martin.

If you think the fans have anything to do with success on the fid, you are dumber than I thought.

Lol you think you are better than nfl gms..its sad
Hock 8th by the way per kiper. Ahead of oliver, lawrence and burns. Sooooo we still end up with hock

Check mate

Back