Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

Major injuries. Its not number. It is who by the way

Then throw on bad run game and terrible defense..no kg. Impossible for success for even maholmes or rodgers..

but you said the defense was good, great RBs, great OL. These were your statements prior to the season.

As usual, the actual results prove you wrong. Very wrong!

Terrible coaching. Terrible GM. Very little talent on this team. Bottom 3 as far as talent on the roster.

Major injuries. Its not number. It is who by the way

Then throw on bad run game and terrible defense..no kg. Impossible for success for even maholmes or rodgers..

Ugh. This is sad dude.

Deep down, I know you have a good range of knowledge about football. Why you retreat to this tired act- I don't know.

Ugh. This is sad dude.

Deep down, I know you have a good range of knowledge about football. Why you retreat to this tired act- I don't know.

They would not succeed on the lions either. You know it

but you said the defense was good, great RBs, great OL. These were your statements prior to the season.

As usual, the actual results prove you wrong. Very wrong!

Terrible coaching. Terrible GM. Very little talent on this team. Bottom 3 as far as talent on the roster.

And they got hurt in all areas. Unexpected bad play from some. Fas didnt gel..talent not the problem. My statements valid at time. Things change and expected team never on field at samw time. Kg and trufant hurt day 1. Okudah too. Flowers most of the year. That is huge

Last edited:
They would not succeed on the lions either. You know it

There's no way of knowing. You just don't know. It would make the entire franchise fundamentally different if they started with Rodgers, Brady, etc...

It's a useless thought experiment. It doesn't matter anymore. He's done here.

And they got hurt in all areas. Unexpected bad play from some. Fas didnt gel..talent not the problem. My statements valid at time. Things change and expected team never on field at samw time. Kg and trufant hurt day 1. Okudah too. Flowers most of the year. That is huge

the guys you describe aren't even pro bowl caliber players. They are just average players.

the "unexpected" bad play isn't a thing either. You are the only one who expected good play out of the bums on this team. Most of the players are trash. This is why they need 10-12 new starters...because the guys they have are below average or garbage.

I expect a bad play everytime Stafford gets inside the 20. Id unexpect a great play. Rarely am i disappointed.

Last edited:
the guys you describe aren't even pro bowl caliber players. They are just average players.

the "unexpected" bad play isn't a thing either. You are the only one who expected good play out of the bums on this team. Most of the players are trash. This is why they need 10-12 new starters...because the guys they have are below average or garbage.

Flowers and Kg very good..trufant many good years..okudah supposed to be slam dunk corner. Gtfo with average lol

Flowers and Kg very good..trufant many good years..okudah supposed to be slam dunk corner. Gtfo with average lol

I'm confused. So are you saying they have a good defense now? Or are we back on the injuries/coaching bandwagon?

I'm confused. So are you saying they have a good defense now? Or are we back on the injuries/coaching bandwagon?

Those players are hurt which hurt the success. Trufant older and not back for cap reasons but he was missed and hurt week 1

Those players are hurt which hurt the success. Trufant older and not back for cap reasons but he was missed and hurt week 1

Uh. "Trufant older" ????????

Dude, come on. Your shitting me with that.

Uh. "Trufant older" ????????

Dude, come on. Your shitting me with that.

Hurt all year. Its a will never know scenario how good he could have been. Plus pass rush problems due to some injuries and coaching, not talent issues

Hurt all year. Its a will never know scenario how good he could have been. Plus pass rush problems due to some injuries and coaching, not talent issues

If you think this team isn't completely lacking talent, you need to look again.

They are lacking talent EVERYWHERE.

On offense and defense combined, I think there are MAYBE 4-6 guys who could start for other teams (Stafford possibly, a couple O-line, Hockensen, Golladay). Other than that, this team sucks.

Stafford, Hock, KG, Swift,Marvin, Decker, Ragnow good
Amendola, Crosby, Jackson, Kerryon solid and dont hurt team. 11 on offense get it done. Vaitai injury related

Flowers, Hand,Collins, Harmon are good on defense. Two big injuries there
Okudah big potential but dealt injury
Trufant was good but injury
Shelton solid but injury
Romeo Okwara good
J okwara injury. Bryany injury
Nick Williams injury early but improving
Coleman injury but underperforming
Walker was good underperforming
AO potential but up and down
Davis talent but doesnt know how to play
Tavai and Jones too slow
Harris sucks
Kearse too slow but made some plays
Ragland thumper, slow and forced to jack due to injuries

Most good but had many injuries and missing a great or 2

Last edited:
Amendola, Crosby, Jackson, Kerryon solid and dont hurt team. 11 on offense get it done. Vaitai injury related

Okudah big potential but dealt injury S
Shelton solid but injury U
Romeo Okwara good
J okwara injury. Bryany injury C
Coleman injury but underperforming K
Davis talent but doesnt know how to play S
Tavai and Jones too slow
Harris sucks
Kearse too slow but made some plays !

Most good but had many injuries and missing a great or 2 !

Yep.

Okudah big potential but dealt injury
Shelton solid but injury
Romeo Okwara good
J okwara injury. Bryany injury
Coleman injury but underperforming
Davis talent but doesnt know how to play
Tavai and Jones too slow
Harris sucks
Kearse too slow but made some plays

Most good but had many injuries and missing a great or 2

You are very liberal with the term good. I wouldn't use the description of good with any of the players on the Lions. A handful may be above average, some average, but most below average to bad.

Maybe I would say the punter is good, which might be the most important position on the Lions.

Last edited:
You are very liberal with the term good. I wouldn't use the description of good with any of the players on the Lions. A handful may be above average, some average, but most below average to bad.

Maybe I would say the punter is good, which might be the most important position on the Lions.

Saying just punter is good shows your true intentions..you are negatively biased against lions..3 made pro bowl by the way..Flowers, KG, Decker, Marvin clearly good..Stafford clearly great..Agnew goos returner too

Saying just punter is good shows your true intentions..you are negatively biased against lions..3 made pro bowl by the way..Flowers, KG, Decker, Marvin clearly good..Stafford clearly great..Agnew goos returner too

I will give you Ragnow and Hock. Hock only made it because Kittle was out and the lack of quality TEs in the NFC.

So they have 2 good players.

Stafford not clearly great...can't even make the top 3 in the NFC. :lmao:

Back