Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan BCS Scenario Thread

dannydiggler

CBS Jerry Palm has UM playing West Virginia in the Sugar Bowl.

Post what ever you read... If it's a reputable source anyways..

From what I understand, W. Virginia gets an automatic bid because they shared the big east title and Cincy won today.

i would love to play west virginia!

Shut a lot of wvu fans up about RR.

Let's see here, if it's Ok St. in and Alabama out. Let's hope to god it's Alabama/Michigan Sugar Bowl. And then the rematch will be on Sept. 1.
grin.png

From what i understand, since they are still projectimg bama lsu rematch, sugar bowl gets first crack at an at large bcs team. MichiGan will fill this spot as long as they end up top 14.

Next, fiesta gets to pick and they will pick stanford over wvu because thats the better choice money wise and stanford is the better team.

Next, sugar gets to pick, and the next best team to pick would be wvu from a fan base perspective, and it gives a heated match up of mich vs wvu which will bring hype and money.

Finally orange picks and only one left who isnt contractually obligated to play in another bowl is tcu.

The only wiggle room in the analysis is if osu goes to nat. Championship and the fiesta bowl picks either tcu or wvu over stNford for some reason.

If that happens, then it will be bama and wvu in sugar and mich and stanford in fiesta.

What about clemson, oregon, va tech, boise. Wouldn't all of those team get picked before wvu

LSU vs. Alabama - NC Game

then,

Rose Bowl - Oregon vs. Wisconsin
Fiesta - Ok. State vs. At large
Orange - West Virginia (Big East winner) vs. Clemson (ACC winner)
Sugar - At large vs. At large

TCU will get the auto bid by finishing in top 16 and Stanford is def. getting a bid. Most likely they will pair OK State and Stanford. Leaving the Sugar Bowl

AT LARGE vs. TCU

Those teams that qualify for that last bid are:

Kansas State, Boise State, Houston, Michigan, Virginia Tech, Baylor

Maize&Cheese304 said:
What about clemson, oregon, va tech, boise. Wouldn't all of those team get picked before wvu

WVU gets an auto bid.

BCS Games First Game Conference Conference
Rose Bowl Game presented by Vizio 1902 Pac-12 Big Ten
Discover Orange Bowl 1934 ACC Big East (2011-2012 Season)
Allstate Sugar Bowl 1935 SEC At-Large
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl 1971 Big 12 At-Large
BCS Championship Game 1998 BCS #1 BCS #2

The only flaw I see and I am not saying that Stanford is not good or deserving, but they simply don't travel well. They can't even fill up their own stadium. What bowl wants to take the chance? I'm actually asking that question. Stanford is a great team and shouldn't be snubbed, but if your on the committee, what do you do? Go for a better matchup or go for the travel money.

AT LARGE vs. TCU

Those teams that qualify for that last bid are:

Kansas State, Boise State, Houston, Michigan, Virginia Tech, Baylor

KSU, BSU and Houston will not even be considered lol. Leaving VA Tech, Michigan and Baylor.

Baylor would be a nice story however being a smaller school, means less fans, which means less money for the Sugar Bowl.

Toss up between who gets in Va Tech or Michigan

wlvrnstlr4life said:
The only flaw I see and I am not saying that Stanford is not good or deserving, but they simply don't travel well. They can't even fill up their own stadium. What bowl wants to take the chance? I'm actually asking that question. Stanford is a great team and shouldn't be snubbed, but if your on the committee, what do you do? Go for a better matchup or go for the travel money.

LOL, Fiesta bowl is played in Glendale, Arizona, which is pretty close to Palo Alto. Plus thats a great matchup, fans not of those teams will want to watch that.

V Tech ain't going anywhere. Not after the clubbing they took tonight.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]V Tech ain't going anywhere. Not after the clubbing they took tonight.

Just saying Michigan isnt a lock after what happened today. Sucks.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]
[quote="Mitch":w8wag93f]V Tech ain't going anywhere. Not after the clubbing they took tonight.

Just saying Michigan isnt a lock after what happened today. Sucks.[/quote:w8wag93f]

IMO, it couldn't have worked out better. Michigan will get top 14. VA. Tech will not get an at large. No chance.

I don't think any BCS bowl's wants two ACC teams... Clemson gets the automatic and i do not think another BCS bowl picks Tech... No way..

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="Rich what? Richmond!":1mpeu2l7]

Just saying Michigan isnt a lock after what happened today. Sucks.

IMO, it couldn't have worked out better. Michigan will get top 14. VA. Tech will not get an at large. No chance. [/quote:1mpeu2l7]

With Houston and VA Tech losing, and most likely staying in top 14 means that they still have chances for At Large. While Clemson and TCU shouldn't have been in the conversation are now locks.

However, I do agree that it will be a Sugar Bowl featuring

Michigan vs. TCU

However, lets say that OK State plays for the NC.

Orange and Rose Bowls stay the same.

But that means the Fiesta has two At Large selections to make. Meaning that Alabama vs. Stanford may not be the case. Could end up Michigan vs. Stanford and TCU vs. Alabama or something. Lol

But Fiesta being in Arizona means that Stanford vs. TCU would make more sense location wise.

Leaving Alabama vs. Michigan and us getting our shit pushed in.

Back