Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan BCS Scenario Thread

I hate the bcs system

I still just loved the old top bowls

This thing about it deciding nc is still flawed

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Check this out from CBS sport-line... He projects Michigan 12th. in the BCS.. Look at it and someone please help me figure out who we are playing...LOL

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/bcs

By looking at this, it was one of my thoughts do the bigger 3 Oklahoma, MSU and Georgia drop behind TCU? Its hard to say. Not sure State should and even though the other two got bombed, they played the best teams in the country. But I believe UM should pass all these 3 plus Houston. This poll is probably close.

A playoff would be fun if you ask me.. I did not like the old system even when i was a little kid.. I always thought it odd that announcers we saying now if this team losses this other team will pass them.. Oh wait this system is practically still in place..I want a playoff and a bracket and I want Southern schools to have to play in cold weather once in a awhile in the first rounds if home field cals for it..

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="biggunsbob":twcd9xg2]Check this out from CBS sport-line... He projects Michigan 12th. in the BCS.. Look at it and someone please help me figure out who we are playing...LOL

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/bcs

By looking at this, it was one of my thoughts do the bigger 3 Oklahoma, MSU and Georgia drop behind TCU? Its hard to say. Not sure State should and even though the other two got bombed, they played the best teams in the country. But I believe UM should pass all these 3 plus Houston. This poll is probably close. [/quote:twcd9xg2]

I think you are right...Then this is good news.. As long as we make the top 14 some BCS bowl will snag us...

If a 3 loss team is ahead of michigan (oklahoma, baylor) it'll be fucked up.

If a 2 loss team with a bad schedule is ahead of michigan (va tech, tcu, kan st,) it'll be fucked up.

But last year we played in a bowl we shouldn't have been in, so obviously michigan is loved.

Also, big 12 has 2 teams with 4 or more losses and are ranked. Wtf.

Baylor beat a team who 4 other teams beat, idc if texas was ranked or not.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Also, big 12 has 2 teams with 4 or more losses and are ranked. Wtf.

Baylor beat a team who 4 other teams beat, idc if texas was ranked or not.

I think Texas was 22.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I know. But with 4 losses they shouldn't have been

Probably because they have one of the hardest SOS in the country.

They got destroyed by the only 3 good teams in the big 12. Also lost to a 4 loss mizzo team. Scored 5pts on them lol.

Their best win might have been a 2pt win over a&m.

Iowa would beat them.

Well early calculations saying Bama stays at 2. Surprised by that CBSSports projection. They have TCU staying put, weird. Ill take it. With that projection:

LSU vs. Bama
Clemson vs. West Virginia
Oregon vs. Wisconsin
Ok St. vs. Stanford -Fiesta Bowl
Michigan vs. ????

???? = Boise St., Oklahoma, or Kansas State

Obviously it would look as if it would be Oklahoma. Don't feel right about that though, they got their butts whoop and still land in BCS game?

BCS National Championship Game: LSU vs. Alabama
Rose Bowl: Oregon vs. Wisconsin
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Stanford
Sugar Bowl: Michigan vs. TCU
Orange Bowl: Clemson vs. West Virginia
Capital One: Arkansas vs. Michigan State
Outback: Georgia vs. Nebraska
Cotton: South Carolina vs. Oklahoma
Chick-fil-A: Auburn vs. Virginia Tech
Gator: Florida vs. Penn State
Music City: Vanderbilt vs. Virginia
Liberty: Mississippi State vs. Cincinnati

SLICK said:
BCS National Championship Game: LSU vs. Alabama
Rose Bowl: Oregon vs. Wisconsin
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Stanford
Sugar Bowl: Michigan vs. TCU
Orange Bowl: Clemson vs. West Virginia
Capital One: Arkansas vs. Michigan State
Outback: Georgia vs. Nebraska
Cotton: South Carolina vs. Oklahoma
Chick-fil-A: Auburn vs. Virginia Tech
Gator: Florida vs. Penn State
Music City: Vanderbilt vs. Virginia
Liberty: Mississippi State vs. Cincinnati

Miss state would get another blow out bowl win lol.

Would suck for va tech to fall that far.

TCU ? You should kill them. Thats almost as bad as playing Houston. If it was last years TCU team I would say good luck. This years, not as good. Should be an easy win.

Tcu did beat boise st, so you never know. Not a gimme win.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Tcu did beat boise st, so you never know. Not a gimme win.

No it's not a gimmie but I would want Boise St if I had my pick. I think BS had a bad game against TCU and if they played again would be a totally different outcome. I just haven't been impressed with them this year. Now last year with Dalton, they were the SHIT. Real good team. They have a good defense this year but I would still say you roll them by 2 T'Ds. They won't contain Drob at all. He will have a field day.

Still not sure TCU gets to top 16. Not confidently MSU, Georgia and Oklahoma slide in back of TCU. So not sure how they gain two spots. And you'll have to figure Clemson moves pass them after beating the number 5 in the country.

Back