Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MLB 2020 Draft - Tigers Draft Spencer Torkelson #1 And sign him to $8.4 Million Bonus

"Arizona State first baseman Spencer Torkelson made history when the Detroit Tigers selected him with the first pick in the 2020 MLB draft on Wednesday, becoming the first college first baseman and the first right-handed-hitting first baseman ever selected with the first overall pick."

so...the first college RH 1B drafted 1st overall ever?? So, most teams don't value RH 1B??

"Arizona State first baseman Spencer Torkelson made history when the Detroit Tigers selected him with the first pick in the 2020 MLB draft on Wednesday, becoming the first college first baseman and the first right-handed-hitting first baseman ever selected with the first overall pick."

so...the first college RH 1B drafted 1st overall ever?? So, most teams don't value RH 1B??

I watched it on the MLB Network and the Tigers drafted Torkelson as a 3rd Baseman.
He can play both positions and LF.

Last edited:
So since there will be a ST I suspect Tork could get some time there.

Looked like he play OF almost as much as 1B. I also heard weeks ago that his defense has greatly improved.

Looked like he play OF almost as much as 1B. I also heard weeks ago that his defense has greatly improved.

ESPN also said "He certainly has the athleticism for the Tigers to try him at 3B. It's not out of the question."

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...son-detroit-tigers-2020-mlb-draft/5335352002/
Forget Spencer Torkelson. Here's who Detroit Tigers could take in Round 2.
Freep

I'm not expecting them to draft smart in the rounds 2 - 5.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2020/6...etroit-tigers-al-avila-kenny-graham-dan-hubbs
Final pre-draft thoughts on the 2020 Detroit Tigers.
The ducks are in their rows, and teams are ready to go. Here are a couple things on our mind as the hour approaches.
BYBTB

They will reach in the rounds 2 or 3. Typical Tigers brain fart trust.

Nick Loftin please!

Last edited:
Back