Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Negro Leagues Black History Month

That picture is awesome. Looks photoshopped, though.

I love reading stories about Paige, Josh Gibson, Cool Papa Bell...ect. Too bad they couldn't have played with the other greats of the era.

It is a shame and a disgrace that the color of a person's skin and also their religion (Hank Greenberg) has caused such hate and still does.

Many of the great players spoke out for the ML to integrate decades ago from Cobb and Ruth to the later era when Ted Williams spoke not of himself at the HOF ceremony but that players from the Negro Leagues should be and belong in the HOF.
Finally that happened except for huge shitehead Bowie Kuhn saying they would be put in a separate wing, wtf, that didn't last long thankfully.

I am very happy that you and many other posters and guests come to check this thread out.

In honor of Reference?s overhaul of Negro Leagues coverage, I have created an interactive timeline of Position Player WAR leaders within the Negro Leagues (1920-1948).

Check out all of the players who deserve just as much recognition as any other major leaguer in history Red heart.

This is Great. Look at Detroit Stars Norman "Turkey" Stearnes Final War Total.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1405185253954580485

Today the Lansing Lugnuts will be honoring one of the greatest baseball teams in Michigan history. We talked to historian and preeminent author @MitchL24
about the legendary black baseball team of the 1890's The Page Fence Giants.

https://lansingherald.com/sports#e0aab793-6046-49d3-8e8d-76630ca93fad
Lansing Lugnuts Celebrate "The Page Fence Giants" Mid-Michigan's own Black Baseball Legends.
Lansing Herald

Back