Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Commit

aging_hippie_liberal_douche.jpg

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:
The thrill of man vs wild.

Do you hate fishing? Lol

I like fishing - catch and release only. If I want a fish to eat I'll go to Meijer. Fishing is more about the chase and the catch. It would be like trying to trap a deer instead of shooting it.

If it was simply about just killing fish - like hunting - I could just throw a few cherry bombs into the water and be on my way.

Throwing a cherry bomb would be like throwing a grenade into the woods. Nobody is doing that.

Fishing and hunting take skill. I don't see anything wrong with a man getting his own meat. I don't hunt, but if I had a choice of meat that a friend made or buying meat from a store. I'm not going to the store.

Have you seen a cow slaughter house? They're a lot worse than a man shooting an animal.

Id rather shoot a deer than hide away from wolves in my 8ft fence in fort.

Shooting a deer with a 30-06 is much more barbaric and unethical than this..

[flash=350,287:glxmguwv]http://www.youtube.com/v/zhlhSQ5z4V4&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:glxmguwv]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
{
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

Out of sight out of mind for M&B09. And LOL 10,000 wolves, really? Where are you going to get all these animals from, just conjure them up magically? That's basically the entire gray wolf population of Alaska and twice the population for all of the lower 48. http://www.defenders.org/wildlife_and_habitat/wildlife/wolf,_gray.php

When a state the size of Montana is facing problems from a fraction of the wolves you intend to introduce, how in the hell would your hair-brained idea work out? You never think these arguments through and if I didn't know better, I'd say you know this and are arguing disingenuously for the hell of it. As of now, I'll just assume you're a drooling retard with somewhat good intentions and not a caustic fool poisoning the debate for your own amusement (this dovetails nicely back to "drooling retard", being amused by such simple things come to think of it).

newton83 said:
Out of sight out of mind for M&B09. And LOL 10,000 wolves, really? Where are you going to get all these animals from, just conjure them up magically? That's basically the entire gray wolf population of Alaska and twice the population for all of the lower 48. http://www.defenders.org/wildlife_and_habitat/wildlife/wolf,_gray.php

When a state the size of Montana is facing problems from a fraction of the wolves you intend to introduce, how in the hell would your hair-brained idea work out? You never think these arguments through and if I didn't know better, I'd say you know this and are arguing disingenuously for the hell of it. As of now, I'll just assume you're a drooling retard with somewhat good intentions and not a caustic fool poisoning the debate for your own amusement (this dovetails nicely back to "drooling retard", being amused by such simple things come to think of it).

you didn't have to take it their, it was just a friendly debate. No matter how wrong one side is.

M&B09 predicted response: Well whatever, it was just an example. You add in the black bears and bobcats and there you go.

No mention of where the bears and wolves would live with the vast deforestation and propagation of farmland, also ignoring the previous refutation that deers are an insignificant food source for black bears. Boost the numbers of bobcats too while we're at it. Toddlers will be regularly picked off by bloodthirsty carnivores prowling the sparse suburban woods, licking their chops as cheery families walk their dogs and push their strollers. "It's just a couple of deaths, who cares? Might as well ban coconut trees from Michigan as well while you're at it." Moron.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
I like fishing - catch and release only. If I want a fish to eat I'll go to Meijer. Fishing is more about the chase and the catch. It would be like trying to trap a deer instead of shooting it.

If it was simply about just killing fish - like hunting - I could just throw a few cherry bombs into the water and be on my way.

Throwing a cherry bomb would be like throwing a grenade into the woods. Nobody is doing that.

Fishing and hunting take skill. I don't see anything wrong with a man getting his own meat. I don't hunt, but if I had a choice of meat that a friend made or buying meat from a store. I'm not going to the store.

Have you seen a cow slaughter house? They're a lot worse than a man shooting an animal.

Id rather shoot a deer than hide away from wolves in my 8ft fence in fort.

No, it really doesn't. Anyone can fish or hunt, your success rate likely increases with skill. And with hunting - it's more skill in shooting than it is in anything else.

And throwing a grenade into the woods would almost certainly never get you a deer. Shooting a deer would be easier than throwing grenades at deer. And if you did kill one - it would probably be too mangled to eat.

Yes, I've seen video of slaughter houses (if that counts) and they're terrible. But that person does it as a business and I'm guessing they don't take much pleasure in what they do. It's not like they call what they do a sport.

Think that stuff is bad? In China, they skin small animals like cats, dogs, rabbits, etc while they are alive.

While they are alive.

I take my eye off this thread for 2 hours and BAMM, 8 pages. I didn't sift through all of it so I was wondering if it had been discussed that according to MB09 it's ok for animals to be predators, but not man. Man in fact is the ultimate predator. What's the big deal? Good grief liberals are pussy's.

newton83 said:

I didn't say it would be an overnight solution. And the only reason populations are so low is because we hunted them to the brink of extinction. Reintroducing a healthy population to the whole state would be a start and eventually could solve the problem, for those who actually think it's a problem, all together.

lostleader said:
newton83 said:

you didn't have to take it their, it was just a friendly debate. No matter how wrong one side is.

I probably went too far with the "drooling retard" stuff, sorry about that M&B09. I just get annoyed with him throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks style of debate. He throws out hypotheticals and then backs away from them when it is clear they would not work out. "Just an example" and all that. I'll try to tone down the insults though, no need for that.

Again, apologies to M&B09 for the retard comment.

newton83 said:
lostleader said:

I probably went too far with the "drooling retard" stuff, sorry about that M&B09. I just get annoyed with him throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks style of debate. He throws out hypotheticals and then backs away from them when it is clear they would not work out. "Just an example" and all that. I'll try to tone down the insults though, no need for that.

He is working on building his 8 foot tall fort to keep all our negative comments and the wolves out!

4e36f4e0ad8f1DSCF6999_large_medium.JPG

It looks something like this

Jever4321 said:
I take my eye off this thread for 2 hours and BAMM, 8 pages. I didn't sift through all of it so I was wondering if it had been discussed that according to MB09 it's ok for animals to be predators, but not man. Man in fact is the ultimate predator. What's the big deal? Good grief liberals are pussy's.

Here's a good example, if you feed a shark in an aquarium a ton of fish - it almost certainly will stop killing the fish around it. Once the hunger need is met most animals won't kill for food. Man, by nature, is a scavenger (not a predictor) and only evolved into hunters out of necessity. We have all the food we could ever want awaiting us at the grocery store - there is no reason to kill for it anymore, unless you enjoy killing. And that is my point. Hunters enjoy killing - and there is no and/if's or buts about it.

newton83 said:
lostleader said:

I was drawn into this discussion. I stated in the beginning I felt bad for the deer and then hunting was brought up to which I saw no need to actually kill things yourself. And since then - no one has been able to give me a good reason why people feel the need to stalk around in the woods and shoot something.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
I didn't say it would be an overnight solution. And the only reason populations are so low is because we hunted them to the brink of extinction. Reintroducing a healthy population to the whole state would be a start and eventually could solve the problem, for those who actually think it's a problem, all together.

I think you're ignoring the role that the spread of human inhabitation and the necessary accouterments has in this. Yes, if we could go back to a pristine wilderness and had the habitat to support all of these animals then it would be reasonable to suggest the reintroduction of animals on the scale you are talking about. As it stands, the vast spread of suburbs, farmland, roads, etc. makes providing suitable ranges for these animals impossible. Throw in that farmlands have given deer bountiful food sources beyond what they might have in a typical woods while simultaneously removing the cover needed by the predators who keep the deer population in check, and you have a recipe for rampant overpopulation. There's no way to turn the clock back and let nature handle things. We need to take some measures into our own hands to correct the problems we've created.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
TheVictors03 said:
What does hunting have to do with politics?

Gun Control? Which I'm all for btw.

:)

I was confused as to what my politics had to do with the matter. It's more my moral belief in this case that we have no reason to go out and kill things ourselves unless we 100% have to, to live or it's our job and we rely on it for money (again to live). I don't see the "sport" or "fun" in killing something. That has nothing to do with the fact that I voted for Obama (democrat) and Rick Snyder (republican) in the last elections.

How doesn't it take skill. If you get a pro fisherman/hunter vs me. I gurantee he does a lot better than me.

I mean I'm sure I could catch a fish. But saying it doesn't take skill is like saying it doesn't take skill to play football. Since my girlfriend can catch a football.

Back