Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NHL Stanley Cup Final

biggunsbob

Games on ABC​

Florida Panthers (52-24-6) Vs. Edmonton Oilers(47-29-6)​

Rd:1 Panthers 4-1 over Lightning————-Rd:1 Oilers 4-1 over Kings.​

Rd:2 Panthers 4-2 over Bruins—————-Rd:2 Oilers 4-3 over Canucks.​

Semifinals :​

Panthers 4-2 over Rangers————————— Oilers 4-2 over Stars.​

Stanley Cup Finals.​

Game 1: Florida 3 Edmonton 0 Final.​

Game 2: Florida 4 Edmonton 1 Final.​

Game 3: Florida 4 Edmonton 3 Final.​

Game 4: Edmonton 8 Florida 1 Final.​

Game 5: Edmonton 5 Florida 3 Final.​

Game 6: Florida at Edmonton, Friday, June 21​

Game 7: Edmonton at Florida, Monday, June 24​

Florida Leads Series 3-2​

Last edited:
Not the matchup I wanted to see, that’s for sure

Its the one I wanted to see. As far as no NYR or Dallas, Or Colorado-Vegas.

I wanted Edmonton - Toronto. I'll take Edmonton-Florida.

Panthers look like they’re going to take Game 1. 2-0 and there’s just a few minutes left.

Panthers got the win. Was a very physical game.

Asterisk? Is it because they beat Buffalo?
Maybe you know and your response was sarcasm, but some claim that the winning goal by Brett Hull should have been disallowed because a fraction of his skate was in the crease. Back then it was the "violation du jour."

Last edited:
Maybe you know and your response was sarcasm, but come claim that the winning goal by Brett Hull should have been disallowed because a fraction of his skate was in the crease. Back then it was the "violation du jour."
They don't even have that rule any more. He was barely in the crease and didn't even bother the goalie. That rule was always interpreted differently by the refs anyway. Meaning sometimes they called called it sometimes they didn't. He would never have gotten such a shot off standing outside the crease he would have had to reach for it. The puck was in the crease he went in and got it.

And there is no guarentee Buffalo would have scored and then won another game.

Yeah, it's mostly an asterisk because of the stink everyone made about the foot in the crease. Still counts, but ya' know...it'd be nice to win one WITHOUT all of that :D

Yeah, it's mostly an asterisk because of the stink everyone made about the foot in the crease. Still counts, but ya' know...it'd be nice to win one WITHOUT all of that :D
I think that all but Sabres' fans agree that it was a dumb rule which was soon abandoned. Besides, what Mitchrapp said in post #11.

Florida up 2-0 now. Just took care of business at home. Series goes to Edmonton now.

Dallas would be getting smoked by Florida too. I was hoping the series would be a bit more competetive though.

I remember watching a young Paul Maurice coach in the OHL for the Detroit Jr. Red Wings in the 90's. Before that, he was coaching the Windsor Spitfires across the river. The Jr. Wings played at the Joe and 10,000+ crowds were not unusual, especially when the Spits visited.

Last edited:
Back