Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

North Carolina voter ID laws overturned on appeal

OK, I'm a coward for standing on my principles and I'm not really standing on my principles because I don't believe for a second that Trump is pro life, never mind the fact that I think he's a disgrace of a human being and I disagree with him on myriad other issues.

First, you tried so hard to peg me as a Trump supporter. Now you're trying to convince me that I should be a single issue voter and vote for someone who I don't trust on that issue. And because I refuse to go along with that backward logic, I'm not sticking to my principles. I gave you way too much credit - this is the kind of argument I'd expect to hear from bob.

I'm just saying that you should vote for who you think will do the best job for the next 4 years. if you don't do that, it's a cop out.

I'm just saying that you should vote for who you think will do the best job for the next 4 years. if you don't do that, it's a cop out.

and i'm just saying your argument is unconvincing - what i'm doing is far from a cop out and you saying it is doesn't make it so.

I have to say, it's very odd that someone who has spent weeks insisting I'm a Trump supporter and trying to convince me that he's the least fit candidate ever is insisting I'm making a cowardly cop out by not voting for him.

and i'm just saying your argument is unconvincing - what i'm doing is far from a cop out and you saying it is doesn't make it so.

I have to say, it's very odd that someone who has spent weeks insisting I'm a Trump supporter and trying to convince me that he's the least fit candidate ever is insisting I'm making a cowardly cop out by not voting for him.
This doesn't just apply to you so let's get off that, everyone should vote for president. They should vote for who they think is the best option of the candidates.

This doesn't just apply to you so let's get off that, everyone should vote for president. They should vote for who they think is the best option of the candidates.

I agree everyone should vote, but I don't agree with how you suggest they do.

I don't have a problem with 3rd party or write-in candidates, so long as everyone participates. A write in or 3rd party vote likely wont be for a winner, but it will definitely influence the outcome. And a person casting such a vote could still say they did their civic duty.

I agree everyone should vote, but I don't agree with how you suggest they do.

I don't have a problem with 3rd party or write-in candidates, so long as everyone participates. A write in or 3rd party vote likely wont be for a winner, but it will definitely influence the outcome. And a person casting such a vote could still say they did their civic duty.
I'm in favor of ranked choice voting to encourage 3rd party candidates. Right now it's just a throwaway vote splitter unfortunately. Writing in is different, voting for someone who isn't running is the same as not voting IMO.

I'm in favor of ranked choice voting to encourage 3rd party candidates. Right now it's just a throwaway vote splitter unfortunately. Writing in is different, voting for someone who isn't running is the same as not voting IMO.

there are write in candidates that count. Not every state acknowledges them...but many do. You have to look into it. You might like some of the views of Cherunda Fox who is a qualified write in candidate.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2016/10/23/third-party-candidates-election-ballot/92521874/

people realize there are other offices and issues on the ballot besides the presidential election, right?

Are we on that? When did I say everyone else but me should vote for President? I didn't tell Spartans23 and TomDalton they should vote. I fully support every conscientious objector's right to protest. If your point is everyone should be engaged, take an interest and educate themselves on the issues and candidates, then I agree. But if they can't find a candidate worthy of their vote, I support their right to abstain.

people realize there are other offices and issues on the ballot besides the presidential election, right?

yeah, we're just talking about skipping the top of the ballot. it's been mentioned several times throughout this conversation. try to keep up.

Blacks turned out in record numbers in 2008 & 2012 when there was a black presidential candidate. This year there are two white candidates.

Maybe they are working, because Obama got them jobs, and they will vote after work?

this post should read "idiots read tweets about voter demographics that will be widely reported by everyone then shout racism because all these idiots ever see is racism"

Then you could post all the links from ultra leftist sites who only ever see racism as the cause for anything.

I wish i could say "c'mon Bob, you're better than this" but we both know you're not. Do you really think turnout numbers are a result of voter suppression tactics that you yourself pointed out were overturned? How is that possible? Could it be that like everywhere else in the country, this is simply consistent with polling that indicates blacks aren't particularly enthusiastic about Clinton and they've bought into the lies they've been told every night for the last year and change, that Donald Trump is racist and out to get them?

Last edited:
Blacks turned out in record numbers in 2008 & 2012 when there was a black presidential candidate. This year there are two white candidates.

Maybe they are working, because Obama got them jobs, and they will vote after work?

Well unemployment is down from over 10% to around 5% since obama took office maybe you are right .
But with the closure of sites all around NC and long lines maybe north Carolina should stay open longer and be incouraging people to vote . But nope the GOP establishment in North Carolina is giddy at suppressing african Americans to vote.

Last edited:
Well unemployment is down from over 10% to around 5% since obama took office maybe you are right .
But with the closure of sites all around NC and long lines maybe north Carolina should stay open longer and be incouraging people to vote . But nope the GOP establishment in North Carolina is giddy at suppressioning african Americans to vote.

suppressioning?

this post should read "idiots read tweets about voter demographics that will be widely reported by everyone then shout racism because all these idiots ever see is racism"

Then you could post all the links from ultra leftist sites who only ever see racism as the cause for anything.

I wish i could say "c'mon Bob, you're better than this" but we both know you're not.

But it's ok for you to use ultra right and Koch funded Cato Institute site ? Come on we see through all your crap.

suppressioning?

Hey I fixed it Mr I delete over half of my threads when I find out how stupid they really do sound lol... Is that all you have because per normal Hack you try and deflect anything that is bad towards the GOP. Just admit it that what North Carolina Gop did was wrong and move on.

Last edited:
But it's ok for you to use ultra right and Koch funded Cato Institute site ? Come on we see through all your crap.

the Cato institute is libertarian, not ultra right wing and only one of the Koch brothers was involved in founding and funding it. Plus, I posted the findings of an actual data driven study. To you, that's the same thing as some idiot who thinks everything is about racism editorializing and making an overly broad interpretation of a tweet to once again see racism where it isn't.

Last edited:
Hey I fixed it Mr I delete over half of my threads when I find out how stupid they really do sound lol... Is that all you have because per normal Hack you try and deflect anything that is bad towards the GOP. Just admit it that what North Carolina Gop did was wrong and move on.

none of my posts sound stupid - I could make them all seem half as smart as they are and by comparison to yours, they'd still be pure genius.

Back