Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official U of M vs Sparty game thread

wheels002

I will post it a bit early tonight. As much as I really want this win this is the last game of that hellish 9 game stretch. We get a few easy games after this. I almost view this as a must win game because we lost @ Wiscy.

Go Blue and death to Sparty

Rumor has it that the Izzone has printed up shirts that say You Off in response to the We On shirts.

Only half of the Izzone will be wearing those shirts. The other half will have shirts that say "We Jack".

Interesting matchups. Should be a great game, it's a pick em game in Vegas. As a Spartan fan I am about 55-45 sure of a win, because of home court and because Michigan is coming off 2 overtime games where they looked tired as the game wore on. Trice is out, if Morgan plays then I'd say Michigan has a slight advantage.

MSU's perimeter defense is a lot better than people think, oppenents are hitting about 31% of their threes against MSU. MSU has actually shot better from 3 than Michigan in conference play .410 to .406. Michigan actually has a better rebounding margin than MSU in conference play.

Just some great matchups all over the floor. The back court is strength against strength. The front court MSU appears much bigger and strnger and more polished inside, but can Michigan exploit this on offense and spread the big guys out?

Should be a classic. MSU 66 Michigan 62 is my pick.

Neither team is out of the title picture with a loss, but if MSU loses they have a much tougher road ahead than Michigan IMO. Michigan could lose and be favored in all the rest of their games, MSU loses and they will be underdogs in at least 2 more games.

realtime rpi has this as a 2 pt victory for MSU. Interesting to note, though, that as of friday, realtime rpi had Michigan winning this game by 2. Then a miracle half-court shot later and now MSU is favored to win by 2.

Meanwhile, the return game in a couple of weeks has Michigan favored by 15

I think the key is when Michigan is down by 2, or tied with 10 seconds left, how deep will the Burke step back three be from at the buzzer?

I think the key is when Michigan is down by 2, or tied with 10 seconds left, how deep will the Burke step back three be from at the buzzer?

Will anyone on the team move and attempt to get open or just watch Burke? Previous occurences say the latter.

Must win and gotta win the rest of the way to get the Big Ten! GO BLUE!!!!!

I think it's a mustwin if MIchigan wants to win the title outright.

a shared title is still very much a possibility with a loss.

I'd like them to win the title outright...obviously

While I would like a win on the Spartans floor I really want 6 wins in march and April.. That is the only banner I care about..

Last edited:
Yep, I care about all the banners: big 10 champions, big 10 tournament champions (although this is the one I care least about, still cool,) final 4, and ncaa champs. I still think they get a banner for just being in the finals, too. do you get a final 4 banner and a final game banner? That seems like a bit much, maybe you just hang one or the other.

Yep, I care about all the banners: big 10 champions, big 10 tournament champions (although this is the one I care least about, still cool,) final 4, and ncaa champs. I still think they get a banner for just being in the finals, too. do you get a final 4 banner and a final game banner? That seems like a bit much, maybe you just hang one or the other.

Spoken like a man that likes to win. I salute you sir.

I think I'll listen to the President on the audio TV, and watch the ball game without the play by play.

how come you can watch some games that are on ESPN on their website... others, I have to have comcast? Pigs.

Back