Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official U of M vs Sparty game thread

My 2 biggest problems with Michigan right now:

Michigan's offense has looked stagnant for about 3 weeks now, even in wins. The screens set my the bigs beyond the 3 point line need to produce more than 3 point jumpers. Their inability to produce and convert high percentage shots is very worrisome, makes games on the road that much harder.

Secondly, what happened to the 1-3-1 they switched to off and on early in the season?? It seems to have disappeared. Also, is Michigan's man to man defense so poor that they have 2 double team EVERY player that drives to the basket?? They allow so many open, uncontested shots because they double teamed John Doe. Double team the stars, sure. But they double EVERYBODY and it doesn't seem necessary.

Michigan State played very poised, rattled a very young Michigan team on the road where the Wolverines continue to look suspect. /rant off

Last edited:
This team is very soft. I don't know what Beilein says to these kids in practice, but going back to his days at WVU, his teams are always soft.

This team just upsets me. They probably have more talent than any team in the country with maybe the exception of Indiana and they come out and do this? They drop every road game in the tough stretch? Come on, there are probably 3-5 NBA players (bench at least) on that team, it's a joke to look this bad.

Michigan has 5 good players and 3 of those are true freshmen. This is still a top 10 team. To be top 10 with only 5 good players is pretty damn good. Yep, they played bad and State played great. Doesn't change things. This team has absolutely no bench whatsoever and against better teams, some of these players disappear, because they're just used to relying on talent to beat everyone and not effort. Hopefully JB teaches them that effort is needed.

The thing that irritated me is seeing them chuckling and laughing after they throw the ball away down 15.

Back