Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Arkansas, who UM faces in January, plays at Uconn tomorrow at 3:15. Might try to catch that if it's on. They and Oakland (who lost to Arkansas 91-68, but beat Tennessee again) should be the only challenges left in the non-conference.

DR said:
http://www.umhoops.com/2011/12/02/game-8-iowa-state-at-michigan-preview/

Big bounceback game tomorrow. Didn't read the preview yet, but Iowa St is 5-2 with relatively easy wins over nobody's, and losses @ Drake and home against Northern Iowa. Last year they had a similar/better start, but went on to only win three Big 12 games. I'm totally fine with the Virginia loss, but this is one that probably wouldn't look so good at the end of the season. Hopefully the team is re-energized now that they're back home.

I think a mix of travel fatigue and a really tough Virginia defense is what sunk us in that game. As you said, it should be adifferent story at home.

Arkansas got their ass kicked by UConn. I watched some of it and the highlights. DIdn't really take anything from the game...

I forgot all about it. Hopefully they win some games in the SEC to beef up Michigan's SOS. UM plays some real stinkers.

Good to see Vogrich hitting some 3's. Definitely would have liked to see Burbridge get more than a minute+ of pt though.

Cant wait for Big Ten season...

DR said:
Good to see Vogrich hitting some 3's. Definitely would have liked to see Burbridge get more than a minute+ of pt though.

Cant wait for Big Ten season...

Did Brundidge get in at all? I dont get that sometimes. Michigan will be beating these cupcakes by 20 with 5 minutes to go. Come on, John, empty the bench. Why bother doing it at all when there's 11 seconds left?

"Hey! I work my ass off in practice and I got 11 seconds of playing time against Ark Pine-Bluff. I'm happy!"

I just don't get that sometime. That entire game was a waste of time. Michigan hardly ran their offense in the 2nd half. They got up by 30 and started putzing around. To say that he left the starters in to work on their game is just silly, because they weren't. The only guy that got a lot of playing time that usually doesnt was McLemons.

TH Jr took a nasty fall, too.

He was in for the last minute and a half or so. Burke was in there too though, so Carlton only touched the ball once or twice, to help break the press.

Yeah, I really don't get why he didn't play the backups more. They did just have a game on Saturday, so it's not like they needed to knock the rust off. Maybe it had something to do with how practice is going?

Have you seen anything official about Horford's foot? I've heard it mentioned here and there, but I don't think Beilein has said much about it. Hopefully it's not going to be a season long thing.

Yeah, Hardaway knocked his head pretty good.

Another exciting game today vs Alabama A&M noon on the Big Ten Network

Anyone notice the new Wolverine Den seats for basketball games? Man! I wish I would've known about those sooner. Might've been nice to go check out the Penn State game with them. Unfortunately, that is one of the 3 games that is sold out for those seats. Anyone going to games and sitting in these should give us a report.

B1G season is upon us. Things kick off against PSU at home 7:30pm thursday night

Remember when cb used to complain that MIchigan wasn't building up as fast as Cinci, WVU, and K St? Yeah...all unranked.

If only UM had hired Huggins....

Hey Hungry, have you seen the Beilein clip from halftime? It really is a must watch. Great seeing all the stuff he crams in there, and the players responding to it.

DR said:
If only UM had hired Huggins....

Hey Hungry, have you seen the Beilein clip from halftime? It really is a must watch. Great seeing all the stuff he crams in there, and the players responding to it.

Of course I watched it!! Yep, yep, and yep

nice blowout win to open the B10 season. Sure, Penn St isn't the toughest opponent and it was at home, but they did exactly what a good team is supposed to do:
Take care of business!

Back