Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Spike won't be returning.

Jeff Goodman (GoodmanESPN)
Michigan grad transfer Spike Albrecht told ESPN that he's looking at Purdue, Wichita State, Indiana, Texas A&M, Syracuse, USC & Milwaukee.

I want nothing to do with Mullins. During this year, it felt like our team chemistry was off. I might be in the minority here, but unless we get a guy who is a real difference maker, I want no part of a transfer. Take a freshman with no experience or wait until 2017 and hope 2016 was good enough to net some bigger fish.

Spike won't be returning.

Jeff Goodman (GoodmanESPN)
Michigan grad transfer Spike Albrecht told ESPN that he's looking at Purdue, Wichita State, Indiana, Texas A&M, Syracuse, USC & Milwaukee.

Spike would be an awesome Shocker.

I want nothing to do with Mullins. During this year, it felt like our team chemistry was off. I might be in the minority here, but unless we get a guy who is a real difference maker, I want no part of a transfer. Take a freshman with no experience or wait until 2017 and hope 2016 was good enough to net some bigger fish.

I'm with you on this. I might be on board if he was lighting up the Ivy League, but that's not what he did. He averaged 13 PPG and that is fine, but he isn't putting up that same number in the Big 10. Doubtful he would even hit 10 PPG in the Big 10.

I would much rather have an athletic, defensive stopper like Kostas Antetokounmpo.

I'm with you on this. I might be on board if he was lighting up the Ivy League, but that's not what he did. He averaged 13 PPG and that is fine, but he isn't putting up that same number in the Big 10. Doubtful he would even hit 10 PPG in the Big 10.

I would much rather have an athletic, defensive stopper like Kostas Antetokounmpo.

He definitely wouldn't start. And i don't think he's better than any of the guards in our rotation last year. Not worth it.

He definitely wouldn't start. And i don't think he's better than any of the guards in our rotation last year. Not worth it.

Uhhhh, I'm assuming you've mentally blocked out the Andrew Dakich experience?

I'm fine with going the transfer route in hopes of avoiding ever seeing him on the court again. As the roster currently stands, unless Watson is ready to play right out of the gate, it's not inconceivable at all that Dakich would be needed.

Also, unless Beilein feels really strongly about a leftover 2016 kid (and he apparently doesn't if he's looking for a transfer) I'd rather have 3 open spots in 2017.

Mullins isn't a bad option as a 3rd PG behind Walton and Simpson. He could play at the 2 a bit as well.

The main thing to be excited about is Dakich never playing again if we get Mullins. Really high bar.

Mullins>Dakich

it's only one season and I don't want to see Dakich in the game during important minutes ever again.

When can we ever expect this team to be truly competitive again? It's pretty sad that we are saying they will be mediocre 7 months in advance.

When can we ever expect this team to be truly competitive again? It's pretty sad that we are saying they will be mediocre 7 months in advance.

We need a guy like Stauskas or Burke. We don't have a go to guy who can consistently carry the team.

We went from having great #1 option guys, with quality 2nd option, to being a team of role players. We need that 1, 2 punch again.

Okay with me. Find a good frosh if there's any left, or just save the damn thing.

I'd rather see them bank a scholarship than sign some kid with no offers.

Well, until JB starts landing some big fish, I have my reservations about him getting someone good.

Well, until JB starts landing some big fish, I have my reservations about him getting someone good.

I don't think it's going to happen. The biggest fish we landed after going to the title game and Elite 8 in back to back years was Kam Chatman.

Last edited:
Back