Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Yeah it is worrisome that since the title run JB just cannot seem to entice any top talent ..

6-6 2016 wing Harold Baruti taking OV to Michigan

Stolen from Mgoblog

Per his high school team, 6-6 wing Harold Baruti, an unsigned senior out of Mountain Mission HS (Grundy, VA), is headed to Michigan today for an official visit. Rivals has him as a three star with offers from SMU and UNC-Wilmington.

EDIT: Also picked up offers from Tennessee Tech and Utah State in late April. And Texas Tech and Utah are also now in the mix.

Also indicative of dubbs' personality, bitching in his very first post. Guess it doesn't matter what level the program is at..

I give him a break. I have the tendency to get pretty pessimistic myself. I try to combat it, but I wear my emotions on my sleeve most of the time. It's better for me to just vent it out.

Last edited:
Oh holy fucking shit man, you never post, and then you'll start posting when I do. Drop the vendetta. Move on with your life. I got it, don't like me. Better yet, you can just go back to not posting at all if it makes it easier on you.

It's turning a bit creepy to be honest.

Last edited:
Oh holy fucking shit man, you never post, and then you'll start posting when I do. Drop the vendetta. Move on with your life. I got it, don't like me. Better yet, you can just go back to not posting at all if it makes it easier on you.

It's turning a bit creepy to be honest.

Sure, lash out instead of face the truth.

This was my first post:
"I think it's more frustrating that Michigan could have very well, and IMO, would have beaten Arizona."

Not sure if you need new reading glasses? That actually speaks more to the optimism I had for that team.

But go on with your bad self. Hide for 3, 4 years, and then go ahead and pop up again when I post.

God you're retarded. It speaks to the unrealistic expectations and whininess that you are continually berated for exhibiting. And not just by me.

So you only post every 3-4 years? Just stupid.

The problem with Michigan basketball expectations is that some of us desperately want the program to be consistently great again. That sentiment is not shared by the majority of Michigan fans. As long as football is great, basketball really doesn't matter. That's why ticket sales suck and attendance at Crisler borders on pathetic.

As someone who fell in love with Michigan because of basketball, the indifference is a tough pill to swallow. It makes you feel as if the majority of the fan base, athletic department, etc. will be plenty happy if we are competing for Big 10 titles and are competitive in March Madness once every four to five years or so.

Of course it's not shared by most fans, and I was yelled at before with exactly what you said. The fan base has low expectations, and football is king. That's how it is with Michigan basketball. If they rise up every 4,5 years and compete, that's fine. Crowds are half full, and Beilein does right with the NCAA.

He's had a few great seasons, but otherwise the team has been highly inconsistent. And every year it's just a pile of excuses about why they aren't good and he can't recruit, and hoping he carves out another "diamond in the rough."

The problem with Michigan basketball expectations is that some of us desperately want the program to be consistently great again. That sentiment is not shared by the majority of Michigan fans. As long as football is great, basketball really doesn't matter. That's why ticket sales suck and attendance at Crisler borders on pathetic.

As someone who fell in love with Michigan because of basketball, the indifference is a tough pill to swallow. It makes you feel as if the majority of the fan base, athletic department, etc. will be plenty happy if we are competing for Big 10 titles and are competitive in March Madness once every four to five years or so.

I feel comfortable that the energy, enthusiasm and emotion I've put into Michigan basketball over the past 25 years rivals anybody. I've watched every single game on TV that I possibly could, drove the hour from where I used to live to go to several games a year, travelled to away games including the big ten tournament, participated in the blue rage club, etc. I want them to be consistently great as much as anyone. So I understand that you're talking in generalities but bringing up those sentiments again, in relation to this squabble, doesn't mean much.

And Dubbs, it's not about making excuses for where they are, it's understanding where they are and adjusting expectations accordingly. This whole business of accepting the status quo....is just juvenile and pointless. What else are you going to do but accept it? Complain about it on a message board? Yeah, that's about it. And I have little doubt that you do it less as a venting exercise and more as a button pushing experiment as you play out your drew sharp impersonation. Just know that you are completely transparent and when I do speak up every so often to call out your whiny bitchiness it's just for the sport of it, not because I'm falling for your stale tired game.

This is BS, right? I mean, you don't think people want Michigan to be good at basketball? Ok, maybe not desperately, like I want to eat, but I think there are a lot of people that want Michigan to be good at basketball. Some of us just know that there are a lot of factors at play here.

Ticket sales don't suck at Crisler. They sell a lot of tickets. Attendance sucks at Crisler. People buy the tickets and then don't bother to go. Student ticket sales aren't the best...It isn't because people don't want Michigan to be good at basketball, it's because Crisler sucks. It's in a horrible location. There is no parking unless you want to spend more money. It just isn't worth dropping $100, which is what you need to do to get them on stubhub., because the scalpers buy up all the tickets.

Plenty of people care about Michigan basketball.

Of course it's not shared by most fans, and I was yelled at before with exactly what you said. The fan base has low expectations, and football is king. That's how it is with Michigan basketball. If they rise up every 4,5 years and compete, that's fine. Crowds are half full, and Beilein does right with the NCAA.

He's had a few great seasons, but otherwise the team has been highly inconsistent. And every year it's just a pile of excuses about why they aren't good and he can't recruit, and hoping he carves out another "diamond in the rough."

Yeah, horrible excuses like, his best 3 players got hurt...or his best player and one of the first subs off the bench...yet they still competed, won some tough games, and made the NCAA's

yet, the coach saw the need for changes and made moves in the offseason

What else should they have done? You still can't answer that one.

I feel comfortable that the energy, enthusiasm and emotion I've put into Michigan basketball over the past 25 years rivals anybody. I've watched every single game on TV that I possibly could, drove the hour from where I used to live to go to several games a year, travelled to away games including the big ten tournament, participated in the blue rage club, etc. I want them to be consistently great as much as anyone. So I understand that you're talking in generalities but bringing up those sentiments again, in relation to this squabble, doesn't mean much.

And Dubbs, it's not about making excuses for where they are, it's understanding where they are and adjusting expectations accordingly. This whole business of accepting the status quo....is just juvenile and pointless. What else are you going to do but accept it? Complain about it on a message board? Yeah, that's about it. And I have little doubt that you do it less as a venting exercise and more as a button pushing experiment as you play out your drew sharp impersonation. Just know that you are completely transparent and when I do speak up every so often to call out your whiny bitchiness it's just for the sport of it, not because I'm falling for your stale tired game.

Exactly! And how many games does dubbs go to every season?

Back