Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Yeah, I don't get it. The rotation was obviously nothing like what we'll see, but why start donnal? Maybe he's showing Belein something in practice, but it looked like same old same old to me

They've been talking up Donnal since his first year. "He's a warrior in practice," they say. Yet in games...not so much. IMO, the start was to get a better look at him to determine where he'll be in the rotation. Also wouldn't doubt if Beilein started him as a reward for his practices. If Doyle doesn't start, I'd be shocked.

So I was at the game last night. Biggest surprise was Donnal started over Doyle. I have no idea why.

DJ built a brick city but had a lot of open looks. Dawkins missed quite a few open looks as well. Duncan Robinson looks the part of a great shooter. Not sure he can bring much else in conference play.

Wagner got his hands on quite a few passes. He has the wingspan of a pterodactyl.

Walton looks good but wasn't too assertive last night.

LeVert put up 20 and had a big scoring busy to get the 2nd half rolling. It was really needed after a poor 28 point first half.

The team is going to be damn good one Irvin is 100%. Doyle is our only player who isn't a threat from 3. That puts tons of pressure on defenses.

Wilson was 3-7 from the floor and all four misses were 3's. What were the three buckets? Tip ins? I saw some of the highlights and I love how he runs the floor - doesn't really look like a big. the alley oop was beautiful, too. I'm just glad BTN is going to re-air this game tomorrow.

Wilson was 3-7 from the floor and all four misses were 3's. What were the three buckets? Tip ins? I saw some of the highlights and I love how he runs the floor - doesn't really look like a big. the alley oop was beautiful, too. I'm just glad BTN is going to re-air this game tomorrow.

He had a nice mid range jumper off a post up and a couple easy dunks in transition. The last one was a pointless dunk with about 10 seconds to go.

So our first game on Friday is on BTN Plus. A horse shit money grab service brought to us by the Big Ten. I pay to have the BTN on satellite, but I can't watch this game unless I pay more for their online streaming service. If I am already paying for BTN, I should not have to sign up for a monthly subscription to watch us play against Northern Michigan. Greedy assholes.

festivusairgrev-top-621x465.jpg

Curious, what's that re-classification with Donnal all about?

I'm not really sure because it doesn't technically affect his eligibility. He still has 3 years.

I think it's still a sign for his future on the team. I don't see him as good enough to compete in the Big 10. He's probably getting the firm hand shake and thank you after next year. No 5th year for him.

Yeah, the reclassification means next year is his last year with Michigan. He can still do a 5th year elsewhere, like Bielfeldt. This just makes things clear up front.

JB said he wants to trim rotation down to 9. Changes to the starting lineup coming.

I hope this means Donnal is going to be our new juice box guy.

885d6507cb1161f420ca86a0837d5127.jpg

I've got Dish...

it's past my bedtime though :)

i'll set the dvr if i can find it

edit: I guess it's Dish 167

Last edited:
From the presser today: Beilein: There were more injuries in practice yesterday. "You'll find out tomorrow."

Hoofuckingray.

Read that DJ Wilson is in a boot. I guess that was the other injury.

Brendan F. QuinnVerified account
‏@BFQuinn
Beilein says Spike Albrecht has done a little work with the scout team. Still not going full speed.

This is surprising.

Back