Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT That Time of Year! Introducing the 1st Annual

Elf - the 'new' classic
A Christmas Story - saw it as a kid with my Dad and siblings in an actual movie theater. Dad laughed so hard at times we missed the next line...I think it was his childhood he was reliving!
The Grinch - not Jim Carrey, Dr Seuss
Trading Places - Drunk Santa Dan Akroyd.....
Polar Express - in HD the movie rocks!

[edit] hadn't read posts #21-23 until afterwards ... Got my Vote!

nice work. this is what Tinsel should've done.

I don't blame him though... the gun nuts have been giving him a hard time lately.

It's Red's area of expertise anyway...I'm more of a "Big Picture" than a "details" guy...

It's Red's area of expertise anyway...I'm more of a "Big Picture" than a "details" guy...

Not a lot of expertise, I know one trick to looking up old stuff, I use "site:" in google search. I googled "christmas movies site:http://www.detroitsportsforum.com" and it was the 1st link.

A Christmas Carol (The George C Scott version)
(This remains my favorite version of A Christmas Story by a wide wide margin)

Charlie Brown Christmas
Mickey's a Christmas Carol
(The Music from both of these versions takes me right back to childhood)

A Christmas Story
(I love nostalgia-comedy and Jean Shephard has put out some pretty good books in that genre. I know it is massively overplayed.)

Don't forget the first Lethal Weapon. Awesome Christmas movie.

Ebenezer Scrooge on the television: Can you tell me what day it is?

Gary Busey, emptying a clip into the televison: IT'S GODDAM CHRISTMAS!!!

Back