Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Picking 5th, again.

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Not a great draft class but worse team ever and we pick 5th, lol.

Apparently you can be part of the play in and still get the number one pick. What a sham.

The last 2 years they shut guys down to lose more games. Fuck them, it's karma

The last 2 years they shut guys down to lose more games. Fuck them, it's karma
I watched more this past season than I've watched in years and they were terrible. Absolutely dreadful.

It's a crap shoot of a draft anyway, but yeah, it's cool that the NBA is trying to prevent tanking, but play in teams probably shouldn't be getting the #1 pick.

It's a crap shoot of a draft anyway, but yeah, it's cool that the NBA is trying to prevent tanking, but play in teams probably shouldn't be getting the #1 pick.
Do you really believe it prevents tanking? I'm not sure it does - every year there's multiple teams that lose 60+ games. Either they're tanking, so it doesn't prevent it, or they're just terrible and then it's a random thing.

Do you really believe it prevents tanking? I'm not sure it does - every year there's multiple teams that lose 60+ games. Either they're tanking, so it doesn't prevent it, or they're just terrible and then it's a random thing.
The Pistons were a terrible team that wasn’t tanking. I’m fine with them not getting the top pick because they were the worst. I just don’t like that their chances at getting 5 is better than getting 1-3.

Well it makes it so teams tanking still don't have a good shot at pick 1. Worst record only has a 50/50 shot at even picking in the top 4, like 14% shot at 1.

Having said that, I still think the worst team should be no lower than 3.

The Pistons were a terrible team that wasn’t tanking. I’m fine with them not getting the top pick because they were the worst. I just don’t like that their chances at getting 5 is better than getting 1-3.
I agree with the last part. But explain to me why Cade and Duren were barely playing games the last 2 months if they were tanking on top of being bad. They finished the season with a rotation of guys that weren't even on the roster at the beginning and it wasn't from injuries.

Well it makes it so teams tanking still don't have a good shot at pick 1. Worst record only has a 50/50 shot at even picking in the top 4, like 14% shot at 1.

Having said that, I still think the worst team should be no lower than 3.
3 seems fair. I agree there.

It really doesn't, and I'd rather the NBA dump the lottery and just do things how the NFL does it. Worst record gets the #1 pick. Sure, you'll have tanking, especially when a guy like Wemby comes up, but it also helps with parity.

I've always questioned the legitimacy of the lottery. The NBA rigs that shit, no doubt.

I agree with the last part. But explain to me why Cade and Duren were barely playing games the last 2 months if they were tanking on top of being bad. They finished the season with a rotation of guys that weren't even on the roster at the beginning and it wasn't from injuries.
They lost 28 straight games, they were a terrible team. I’m sure they weren’t tanking all of those games also. I’m not sure they have any players that is actually all star caliber on their roster.

Saw a mock draft that showed you guys picking Buzelis. He's a player I've liked to draft in my 2K simulations. Super lengthy small forward. Kind of a less athletic Michael Porter Jr. Needs to get the three point shooting figured out.

Saw a mock draft that showed you guys picking Buzelis. He's a player I've liked to draft in my 2K simulations. Super lengthy small forward. Kind of a less athletic Michael Porter Jr. Needs to get the three point shooting figured out.
This season for GLI, 27.3% from 3. We already have enough players who can't shoot.

This season for GLI, 27.3% from 3. We already have enough players who can't shoot.

If there is anything a guy can learn, I would think it would be shooting the three.

Back