Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons select..

What's the problem with Yzerman? He's one of the best GM in the whole league. Built Tampa to championship team and improve Detroit every year.
You're right, he took over a team who's best player was Dylan larkin and going into his 6th season the teams best player is......Dylan Larkin.
What else has he done as detroit GM besides drafting a couple top 6 picks(Seider and Raymond) that have so far been in the good category?

He took over a team in Tampa that had Steven fucking Stamkos already on the roster and never could win it all. The guy's before and after him won it all in Tampa tho.

You're right, he took over a team who's best player was Dylan larkin and going into his 6th season the teams best player is......Dylan Larkin.
What else has he done as detroit GM besides drafting a couple top 6 picks(Seider and Raymond) that have so far been in the good category?

He took over a team in Tampa that had Steven fucking Stamkos already on the roster and never could win it all. The guy's before and after him won it all in Tampa tho.
Yzerman built that team. Everyone, well mosy everyone, knows that. He set them up good before he left. The Red Wings aren't the Pistons picking at the top every year. Having Larkin as your best player is nice. You do notice Raymond or Seider, Ed? Maybe you notice they still get better every year.. Its okay if you admit your hockey knowledge is suspect.. I admit my NBA knowledge is lacking..

Just read this in an article. I'm not sure it has been brought up yet.

"After being drafted, Holland stated he had no contact with the Pistons before the draft. He did not have a workout and did not speak to Langdon prior to the selection"

WTF? Is their new GM just as stupid as their last? How do you draft someone in the top 5 without an interview and a workout?

Unless Holland was asked to workout and refused, that is nuts, in my opinion. All the mocks I saw had Detroit going with a small forward, it just wasn't certain whether it would be Buzelis, Holland, or someone else. Mocks also predicted the first four picks pretty well, so Detroit knew that their guy wasn't going to get grabbed in those first four picks.

Back