Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Preseason Game 3: Lions @ Ravens Thread

I said the same thing. Media terrible but they are only Ravens guys

Still, I mean, it's the starting QB. Do some research before you say something like that???? Now, if he claimed Orlovsky's problem was staying healthy, I could excuse him because nobody gives a fuck about Dan. Not even Dan.

They also said we have Reggie Bush.

Ugh. Did they really? I heard them say his name, but I thought they were just comparing Riddick's style to him. Damn. These people do 4 games a year. You'd think they'd get easy stuff like that right.

Saw some of it last night, overall IMO I'd say they looked like absolute crap on both sides of the ball. Running game is a joke

Ugh. Did they really? I heard them say his name, but I thought they were just comparing Riddick's style to him. Damn. These people do 4 games a year. You'd think they'd get easy stuff like that right.

They are the preseason squad for a reason. Brutal announcing and color. Quadri Ishmael was straight cringe and the old timer had a few too many pre game beverages.

Saw some of it last night, overall IMO I'd say they looked like absolute crap on both sides of the ball. Running game is a joke

Abdullah and Riddick will make second level defenders miss. Getting them past the first level has been a challenge for a line that has three first round picks and two third round picks.

Lions ran for 5.3 ypc. That wasn't the problem. Including Abdullah and riddick early

Drops, refs and penalties were the problem.

Defense backup cbs got beat. Could use more pass rush but ansah was limited

Stafford pick a bad decision but had time

Abdullah and Riddick will make second level defenders miss. Getting them past the first level has been a challenge for a line that has three first round picks and two third round picks.

Like riddick not a big fan of Abdullah good speed, that's about it, make him the full time return man maybe.

Lions ran for 5.3 ypc. That wasn't the problem. Including Abdullah and riddick early

Went with stafford as my #1 QB this year in fantasy, not sure what I was thinking seemed like a good idea at the time, too many beers

One big run. Ahdullah didn't do anything. The only thing he did was on a blatant holding call. That run doesn't happen without it. You can blame the OL if you want but he didn't do a thing. And the defense, starters or not were shit. No rush and run defense bad. Pass defense bad.

End of the day, preseason means nothing but don't fuddle the facts because of it.

Riddick shouldnt come off the field imo. Play calling is too predictable when you only use him in passing situations. He can run the ball just as effective as Abdullah can. Id keep him on the field and get him 15 touches a game. Abdullah 5-7 touches a game.

I predicted the playoffs so they better freaking improve off that shit show of a game verses the Ravens because they looked pretty bad.

Riddick shouldnt come off the field imo. Play calling is too predictable when you only use him in passing situations. He can run the ball just as effective as Abdullah can. Id keep him on the field and get him 15 touches a game. Abdullah 5-7 touches a game.

Riddick is a poor man's Darren Sproles. Sproles has averaged about 4 carries a game in his career. If Riddick can be just as effective as Abdullah...the running game is going to be TERRIBLE. If Abdullah can average 4.2 yards per rush this year and not fumble as often, I will be satisfied.

Theo has never shown an ability to even somewhat run the ball. Getting excited over his 35 yard run? You mean the one where he tried to dance around a wide open hole then got lucky the hole was still there after a little bit of shifting. I could be wrong but so far they riddick has looked like one of the worst runners I've ever seen. Not praising Abdullah but he actually can look like a runningback at times. In fact his first a nfl carry was better than theo has ever done in the league running it.

One big run. Ahdullah didn't do anything. The only thing he did was on a blatant holding call. That run doesn't happen without it. You can blame the OL if you want but he didn't do a thing. And the defense, starters or not were shit. No rush and run defense bad. Pass defense bad.

End of the day, preseason means nothing but don't fuddle the facts because of it.

Run d wasnt bad until startera came out. Defense gave up 6 points in 3 series. It wasnt bad

And abdullah had a 10 yarder. Rddick the 34 yarder. And wick gets blamed for hold, not oline

Last edited:
Run d wasnt bad until startera came out. Defense gave up 6 points in 3 series. It wasnt bad

And abdullah had a 10 yarder. Rddick the 34 yarder. And wick gets blamed for hold, not oline

It's not just about the point. The Ravens moved the ball on them pretty well. That was pretty easy to see. QB had time to throw, and we didn't stop the run. They played bad.

We did stop the run with ngata and levy. Ravens didnt run first two drives well. Bend but didnt break. Gave up 6 points in first 3 drives. Lions moved the ball well and ran well. Backup cb got beat on td drives. Many backups for 17 yard run and that pf on lawson was bogus too on ravens first td drive. Short field on second. The pick was bad

4 drops and bad reffing with penalty on reiff and lack of call on jones in endzone. Easy fixes

Last edited:
We did stop the run with ngata and levy. Ravens didnt run first two drives well. Bend but didnt break. Gave up 6 points in first 3 drives. Lions moved the ball well and ran well. Backup cb got beat on td drives. Many backups for 17 yard run and that pf on lawson was bogus too on ravens first td drive. Short field on second. The pick was bad

4 drops and bad reffing with penalty on reiff and lack of call on jones in endzone. Easy fixes

Dude, they looked like shit. Who cares about 1 or 2 guys. How can drop's become easy fixes when they have many drops each season, you've been saying easy fixes on drops for 4 years now.

Meaningless game, but they sucked. And they sucked bad. Did you actually watch the game?

Back