Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sick of all of this - A Rant

Name some top democrats that say things that are just as ignorant. let's find some that deny evolution and climate change, let's find some with outrageous views on abortion and gays. Any presidential candidates or senatorial candidates that say this kind of stuff?

That's not even an argument. One side has always been Pro life and the other pro choice. Of course you won't hear dems say outrageous things about abortion. Because they are for it.

Originally Posted by Sbee
it's really simple mitch, there are two sides to the republican party. there is the true mental patient side who are the bible beaters and gun nuts. there are also the republicans who think that what the country needs the most is for the rich to pay less in taxes and for the poor to have less access to food and health care.

you have to act totally crazy during the primary, then try to shift to the middle to win independents. this is not a winning formula

That's just dumb.

It's absolutely dumb.

There are plenty of Republicans who are bible beaters and gun nuts, AND think that what the country needs the most is for the rich to pay less in taxes and for the poor to have less access to food and health care.

Last edited:
agreed, republicans are crazy and proud of it. they walk the walk.

I've got a million problems with Obama including no public option in the affordable care act, no financial services reform, gitmo still open, and over 200 children killed by drones. Dems would be all over Bush if we were killing so many civilians with drone strikes. it's just as wrong as it would be with a republican in office.

all of that being said, it's still much better than a McCain/Palin or Romney/Ryan white house would have been.

There's no reason to make a relative comparison between two converging degrees of statism.

yeah. I want to believe that things are better than they would've been with the other party in charge, but I'm not so sure anymore. there's a rank and file of hacks for each party that run things in DC, and they simply switch places between public/private spheres when the "other" party comes into power.

the views and careers of Palin, Romney and Ryan are pretty repugnant to me though. I just can't see them doing anything other than letting the lobbyists have complete run of the joint, instead of just mostly running the joint as they have under Obama.

McCain may have actually stood up to the military and pulled us out of the quagmires sooner; he was at least consistent in opposing torture and some of the excesses of the Bush years. I guess in the end it's telling that he was painted as a loony and out-of-touch by the party establishment in the 2000 GOP primaries, yet a stand-up war hero in 2008 (before they again sandbagged him with Palin as a VP pick, torpedoing whatever chances he had).

It's absolutely dumb.

There are plenty of Republicans who are bible beaters and gun nuts, AND think that what the country needs the most is for the rich to pay less in taxes and for the poor to have less access to food and health care.

The Dems don't do anything for the poor, lol. They take it to the middle class, people like you and me.

It's absolutely dumb.

you're right tinsel, my bad. the irony here is that all these red states have the highest percentage of welfare recipients. the poorest states are (in order) Mississippi, WVA, Arkansas, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee, Louisiana, New Mexico, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Idaho. pretty much all of those are red other than New Mexico. they argue against the policies that they take advantage of.

of course these people also think that every species of animal fit on a boat thousands of years ago.

It's absolutely dumb.

Ha, I do love that combo though. Simultaneously loves Jesus and his teachings but yet willing to let their neighbors starve if it meant that big screen they have been eyeing.

Ha, I do love that combo though. Simultaneously loves Jesus and his teachings but yet willing to let their neighbors starve if it meant that big screen they have been eyeing.

Because we all know none of you liberals have big screen TV's. LMAO.

you're right tinsel, my bad. the irony here is that all these red states have the highest percentage of welfare recipients. the poorest states are (in order) Mississippi, WVA, Arkansas, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee, Louisiana, New Mexico, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Idaho. pretty much all of those are red other than New Mexico. they argue against the policies that they take advantage of.

of course these people also think that every species of animal fit on a boat thousands of years ago.

Then why do they vote for Republican?

The Dems don't do anything for the poor, lol. They take it to the middle class, people like you and me.

don't you find it a little hypocritical that republicans are the Jesus party but there are over 2000 references to helping the poor and sick in the Bible.

Do you think Jesus would have a problem with Obamacare and food stamp programs? just curious

don't you find it a little hypocritical that republicans are the Jesus party but there are over 2000 references to helping the poor and sick in the Bible.

Do you think Jesus would have a problem with Obamacare and food stamp programs? just curious

Jesus party? Half of Catholics voted for Obama.

Well, you mentioned opposing marriage equality as an "extreme view."

Okay, up until about a year ago, Obama was a right wing extremist on that issue, just like all the Republican wack jobs.

So there's one.

I'm catching up on this thread, and of the past page I've read, this is my favorite post.

Last edited:
Then why do they vote for Republican?

Ignorance really, they are also the least educated states. they buy into the religious nonsense and that clouds their views on everything else. they vote for candidates that look out for the wealthy because they want to make sure some 16 year old girl is forced to have an unwanted child.

Ignorance really, they are also the least educated states. they buy into the religious nonsense and that clouds their views on everything else. they vote for candidates that look out for the wealthy because they want to make sure some 16 year old girl is forced to have an unwanted child.

That doesn't make dems look good. So republicans are screwing them and yet Dems still can't win those states? No wonder they're poor.

Last edited:
Jesus party? Half of Catholics voted for Obama.

avoiding the question. why is it that the party that invokes that denies evolution and invokes the bible as a basis for policy is the one that wants to tell the poor to fend for themselves.

do you have an answer for that? really, i'm curious why they would hate obamacare and food stamps. Jesus would have loved it

Because we all know none of you liberals have big screen TV's. LMAO.

1. I'm probably not as liberal as you think
2. I do have a big screen
3. I wouldn't let my neighbor starve if my choice was between my big screen and his death
4. I probably would let him starve for more basic things that would not cause my own death, because at the end of the day I succumb to basic human greed at some level just like everyone else

The difference between me and them is I won't give in somebody's face and call them a sinner and claim some superiority over them because I go to church every so often.

That doesn't make dems look good. So republicans are screwing them and yet Dems still can't win those states?

it's all about making sure we have more unwanted kids. also, making sure you can have a gun that holds 30+ bullets is close to their hearts. never mind their own personal best interests

avoiding the question. why is it that the party that invokes that denies evolution and invokes the bible as a basis for policy is the one that wants to tell the poor to fend for themselves.

do you have an answer for that? really, i'm curious why they would hate obamacare and food stamps. Jesus would have loved it

Special interests. That is all.

Back