Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So far Bob Quinn not looking good.

Again we are talking potential. Don't forget Gabe Wright was a 2nd rounder that we stole in the 4th.

Slay I thought made it very clear he was about money, he liked the contract, not saying he doesn't like the lions, but lets not pretend he or any of these other guys are taking some sort of hometown discount. They are cashing in and going after that paycheck.

Last year we had tate, we had riddick, we had ebron, Guys like Washington, Zenner are hardly going to see the field. The only improvement is Boldin, our #3 WR is far better than we've had.

Rookie LT could very well not be an improvement. That is a big wait and see.

All we know is on paper we have an easy schedule and Stafford looked better than he ever had at the end of last season. But it still comes down to him, he has never put together a full season.

But if everything works out ideally, yes the team could be a threat.

Gabe Wright??? he was outplayed...end of story. No room for him. See ya!!!

Slay wanted top 7 money. He DESERVED top 7 money. He got paid TOP 7 MONEY. They're all about the money but he could have not even signed and went elsewhere next year. he didn't. It's a sign that things are looking up.

Washington will see the field. Might take him some time, but he's a special player. You can see it the way he runs. I guarantee you that he's the best pure RB on that football team right now, but it's AA's job to lose. Boldin isn't the only improvement. He's just another piece. Don't forget that this was a totally different offense halfway through the year....they catered to their strengths and weaknesses. made things a little easier across the board and it worked. And Zenner was getting some looks last year before his injury, so there's no reason on why Washington can't tote the rock.

I expect Decker to have growing pains. We all should!!! But he's the better option at LT than Reiff is RIGHT NOW. It's a ripple effect....in comes Decker and Reiff moves over. It's a win win.

This team is better than they were last year. Everyone relatively healthy is the key.

Last edited:
Who's beating whoself over it? I'm a bit confused by that.

I'm just saying I've heard a lot of sentiment that suddenly the offense is going to be so much better now without Calvin, and I find that thought process quite disingenuous.

Confused...of course you are lol. Put this way....STOP TALKING ABOUT CALVIN!!!! Nuff said.

Who said anything about being better? I hope they're better!!! Losing a freak like CJ could be disastrous but we countered with a MJ and Boldin signing. That's more than enough to make up for it. You can never "replace" Calvin, but you sure as hell have to try and they did a phenomenal job of doing it. Ya, it's all on paper right now but those 2 players are legit....end of story. No disrespect to Calvin whatsoever. Time to move on

Washington showed you THAT much in the preseason that you are willing to say he's a "special player?" Come on now man, everyone was saying the same exact thing about Zach Zenner last pre-season, how he had that "it" factor and he had something special about him.

Washington showed you THAT much in the preseason that you are willing to say he's a "special player?" Come on now man, everyone was saying the same exact thing about Zach Zenner last pre-season, how he had that "it" factor and he had something special about him.

Go look at some of his film in college. He flashed big play potential. He's big and he's super fast (4.4 40 I think). You can't teach size and speed. Had some injuries tho and wasn't utilized enough in college if you ask me. Had some fumbling issues too. It's why he dropped in the draft but the talent is there. Just needs to clean up some things.
Don't even compare him to Zenner because nobody thought Zenner had the "it" factor. Zenner was just a tough nose kid that ran the football hard. He was a replacement for Joique Bell...nice try lol.

Gabe Wright??? he was outplayed...end of story. No room for him. See ya!!!

Slay wanted top 7 money. He DESERVED top 7 money. He got paid TOP 7 MONEY. They're all about the money but he could have not even signed and went elsewhere next year. he didn't. It's a sign that things are looking up.

Washington will see the field. Might take him some time, but he's a special player. You can see it the way he runs. I guarantee you that he's the best pure RB on that football team right now, but it's AA's job to lose. Boldin isn't the only improvement. He's just another piece. Don't forget that this was a totally different offense halfway through the year....they catered to their strengths and weaknesses. made things a little easier across the board and it worked. And Zenner was getting some looks last year before his injury, so there's no reason on why Washington can't tote the rock.

I expect Decker to have growing pains. We all should!!! But he's the better option at LT than Reiff is RIGHT NOW. It's a ripple effect....in comes Decker and Reiff moves over. It's a win win.

This team is better than they were last year. Everyone relatively healthy is the key.

That Gabe wright comment was in reference to the we got a 1st round DT in the 2nd with Robinson. Just pointing out getting a guy later than projected does not mean much. He's a 2nd round DT, you expect him to contribute, but he's not a 1st round guy.

There just isn't enough balls to go to guys like Zenner or Washington with any frequency that they can make a big impact. You're paying Riddick top money, so you better expect him to be out there 1/2 the time. AA is a high pick so you expect him to be out there a large portion. That leaves a few snaps a game for those two to share.

If the short, accurate, quick throw game plan works as well as it did last year, But it's a lot to ask of a QB that historically hasn't been accurate. Yes he was very very good for 1/2 a season once we were eliminated. He has always been a guy that has been good for 1/2 a season. Can he finally put together a whole season is a huge question mark.

You should expect Green Bay to win the division. They are better and they've done it.

So that leaves us battling for two wild card spots. You can reasonably expect Arizona or Seattle to take one of those. So basically are we better than, Saints, Falcons, Vikings, and possibly an NFC east team. Will there be a surprise team, will that be us?

Last edited:
That Gabe wright comment was in reference to the we got a 1st round DT in the 2nd with Robinson. Just pointing out getting a guy later than projected does not mean much. He's a 2nd round DT, you expect him to contribute, but he's not a 1st round guy.

There just isn't enough balls to go to guys like Zenner or Washington with any frequency that they can make a big impact. You're paying Riddick top money, so you better expect him to be out there 1/2 the time. AA is a high pick so you expect him to be out there a large portion. That leaves a few snaps a game for those two to share.

If the short, accurate, quick throw game plan works as well as it did last year, But it's a lot to ask of a QB that historically hasn't been accurate. Yes he was very very good for 1/2 a season once we were eliminated. He has always been a guy that has been good for 1/2 a season. Can he finally put together a whole season is a huge question mark.

You should expect Green Bay to win the division. They are better and they've done it.

So that leaves us battling for two wild card spots. You can reasonably expect Arizona or Seattle to take one of those. So basically are we better than, Saints, Falcons, Vikings, and possibly an NFC east team. Will there be a surprise team, will that be us?

I get the Wright comment...duly noted, but the 2 players in Wright and Robinson are not even on the same talent level. Getting 2 1st rd picks was very nice.

I agree about the snaps. Not enough balls, yes, but there's something about this Washington kid that's going to force the Lions to play him more. Just a feeling.

Him being good had nothing to do with us being eliminated lol. You can't even compliment the fucking kid without jabbing him in the throat eh.....wow. The offense changed and he was stellar....not good.....STELLAR. I fully trust in Cooter to right this ship.

Lets go win the division!!! Fuck the WC!!

Im really not seeing it:

QB Same
RB Worse
WR Worse
OLine LG/C/RG Same. Better RT. Worse LT.
Dline Probably better depth than last year at DT. DE is weaksauce.
LB All depends on if Levy is back to 100%. If not its a weak group.
CB Slay and a bunch of nobodies
S A group of overaged band aids. Hopefully Quin doesnt fall off one of these years cause the rest is trash

The only group i see improvement is DT rotation and if someone along the oline gets injured we seem to have suitable replacemetns for the first time in a long time. Other than that everything else is the same or worse.

Im really not seeing it:

QB Same
RB Worse
WR Worse
S A group of overaged band aids. Hopefully Quin doesnt fall off one of these years cause the rest is trash

The only group i see improvement is DT rotation and if someone along the oline gets injured we seem to have suitable replacemetns for the first time in a long time. Other than that everything else is the same or worse.

I think the RB and WR group are both about the same.

And that's why the consensus seems to be that this is a 7 or 8 win team. Nothing really earth-shattering happened during the offseason that would project otherwise. Top to bottom, they just aren't a very talented team.

I think the RB and WR group are both about the same.

Bell didnt really get his touches but i saw him as a more reliable presense in the backfield than Zenner or a rookie.

I dont see anyone replacing CJ. But i suppose you can say our #2 and #3 are better than they were last year. Not sure why you need a 2 and 3 when you have a 80 catch rb and a top 10 pick blue chip TE.....but w/e

Last edited:
Bell didnt really get his touches but i saw him as a more reliable presense in the backfield than Zenner or a rookie.

I dont see anyone replacing CJ. But i suppose you can say our #2 and #3 are better than they were last year. Not sure why you need a 2 and 3 when you have a 80 catch rb and a top 10 pick blue chip TE.....but w/e

Bell is pure garbage. Simply removing him from the roster is an upgrade.

Notice that not a single team has signed him. That is very telling.

Bell is pure garbage. Simply removing him from the roster is an upgrade.

Notice that not a single team has signed him. That is very telling.

i could argue zenner and washington are garbage. But im sure that would get all the preseason band wagon fans in an uproar so ill just stop :D

Qb. Better with cooter
Rb. Deeper and Abdullah can play. Bell was injured and terrible. Abdullah fit cooter scheme better. And if run blocking improves they produce more
Wr. More reliable ones. 3 good instead of 2
Te. Y3E. We'll see on wick, quarrless and Lee over wright and pettigrew. Pettigrew could play more than last year 2
Guard, laken more experience and warford healthier. Dahl vs man ram toss up
Center, Swanson healthier and better depth
Right tackle huge upgrade
Left tackle slight downgrade. Better depth (slide Reiff over)
Dt much better. Ngata and walker healthier. Robinson, Charles, Thornton improved
De good starters with 14.5 and 7 sacks. Depth questionable but Gilberry lots of experience on a top defense
Levy back is huge. Game changer. Run d and coverage. And this levy is better than no levy. Whitehead over too much tulloch is upgrade especially in coverage. Depth took hit because of injuries to Bynes and bostic. Armbrister has experience and the rookie Williams looked good

CB. Better. Slay same stud. Lawson and Diggs full time over Mathis and Wilson for half a season.mWilson was terrible. Depth questionable though
Safety. Quinn same stud, strong safety better. You forget just how bad Ihedigbo was for 8 games. Great safety depth with bush and killebrew

Kicker, punter, snapper same
Special teams upgraded. Quinn added a ton of st depth

Coaching better oc. Cooter for 16 over Lombardi for 7 and a scramble at mid season

Upgrades all over the roster. Hughes, you are clueless

Turnovers allowed. Great with cooter. 4 in 8 games

Schedule. Easier especially the defenses we face

Lions 11 or 12 wins incoming

Last edited:
Aaaaaaahhhhhh...I'm triggered! BAN HIM! BAN HIM!
giphy.gif

Last edited:
And that's why the consensus seems to be that this is a 7 or 8 win team. Nothing really earth-shattering happened during the offseason that would project otherwise. Top to bottom, they just aren't a very talented team.

Lmao. They have talent across the board!!! And in multiple positions!! Wtf?!

Last edited:
Im really not seeing it:

QB Same
RB Worse
WR Worse

How on Earth is the RB and WR group worse off than last year?? LT is worse....why? DE?!?!?! Wtf are you smoking???? Lol

Bell was an absolute train wreck last year. Zenner was a breath of fresh air. Washington is better than Zenner....i guarantee it!!!

Now you're questioning why Boldin is here because of Theo fucking Riddick?? Dude, are you drinking?? Cmon man!!!

You are always massively optimistic, I'm pessimistic. I look top to bottom at this roster, and see a lineup that doesn't really excel at any one spot. What does this team do great, or will they do great? There's a reason that everyone and their mother is picking this team to win between 6 and 8 games. And it's not a complicated one. There's not enough talent on this team to win this year.

Maybe in the future. But not right now.

Qb. Better with cooter
Rb. Deeper and Abdullah can play. Bell was injured and terrible. Abdullah fit cooter scheme better. And if run blocking improves they produce more
Wr. More reliable ones. 3 good instead of 2
Te. Y3E. We'll see on wick, quarrless and Lee over wright and pettigrew. Pettigrew could play more than last year 2
Guard, laken more experience and warford healthier. Dahl vs man ram toss up
Center, Swanson healthier and better depth
Right tackle huge upgrade
Left tackle slight downgrade. Better depth (slide Reiff over)
Dt much better. Ngata and walker healthier. Robinson, Charles, Thornton improved
De good starters with 14.5 and 7 sacks. Depth questionable but Gilberry lots of experience on a top defense
Levy back is huge. Game changer. Run d and coverage. And this levy is better than no levy. Whitehead over too much tulloch is upgrade especially in coverage. Depth took hit because of injuries to Bynes and bostic. Armbrister has experience and the rookie Williams looked good

CB. Better. Slay same stud. Lawson and Diggs full time over Mathis and Wilson for half a season.mWilson was terrible. Depth questionable though
Safety. Quinn same stud, strong safety better. You forget just how bad Ihedigbo was for 8 games. Great safety depth with bush and killebrew

Kicker, punter, snapper same
Special teams upgraded. Quinn added a ton of st depth

Coaching better oc. Cooter for 16 over Lombardi for 7 and a scramble at mid season

Upgrades all over the roster. Hughes, you are clueless

Turnovers allowed. Great with cooter. 4 in 8 games

Schedule. Easier especially the defenses we face

Lions 11 or 12 wins incoming

I hope you are right...but you are usually wrong.

I expect anywhere between 7 and 9 wins. I will be surprised if they are outside that range (on either end)

You are always massively optimistic, I'm pessimistic. I look top to bottom at this roster, and see a lineup that doesn't really excel at any one spot. What does this team do great, or will they do great? There's a reason that everyone and their mother is picking this team to win between 6 and 8 games. And it's not a complicated one. There's not enough talent on this team to win this year.

Maybe in the future. But not right now.

That's why Marshall Faulk picked them to make the playoffs, right?? No, not everyone is picking them to win 6-8 games. This team can win 10 games this year. Their schedule says so....

Back