Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So?

I dont know about the rest of you that were there. But when they played that "We are the Wolverines" song over the loud speakers with the video it was great. I mean I love the song but hearing it at the bighouse as loud as it was awesome.

just burned a copy of the game to blu-ray, archive that shit in HD bishes

wheels002 said:
I dont know about the rest of you that were there. But when they played that "We are the Wolverines" song over the loud speakers with the video it was great. I mean I love the song but hearing it at the bighouse as loud as it was awesome.

I cringe every time I hear that song in the stadium. It is super cheesy and to me perpetuates the whole wal-mart wolverine thing. It's a super trashy - hardcore metal band playing a song about a college football team. I mean come on....We have a song, it's called "The Victors" - use it.

MichChamp02 said:
the weird thing during this game was that I never felt we were out of it, despite the fact that we played like garbage for 2 1/2 Qs. I didn't really know what to think until the 21 point swing in the 4th where we finally took over the momentum.

I had the same feeling ...never really panicked.

must have been the Wild Turkey....
cool.png

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
wheels002 said:

I cringe every time I hear that song in the stadium. It is super cheesy and to me perpetuates the whole wal-mart wolverine thing. It's a super trashy - hardcore metal band playing a song about a college football team. I mean come on....We have a song, it's called "The Victors" - use it.

'In the Big House' over the stadium fucking rocked!!

And M&B09 .... GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

bigvic said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:

'In the Big House' over the stadium fucking rocked!!

And M&B09 .... GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Yes this is my "get off my lawn" moment, but I hate that song. I'm fine with some piped in music but just not that. The white stripes song pumped the crowd up more than anything else.

Of all the RAWK, I would eliminate the Journey crap ..... but of course the gratuitous (and fictional) "South Detroit" makes everyone get fired up!

yeah, the journey needs to go.

I hate the White Stripes, but playing the bass line from 7 Nation Army sounds ok. And the use of the intro to "lose yourself" late in the game was nice too.

But that's it.

also, piped-in music should never supplant the band.

I thought the half-time show was cool, once ND's band GTFO the field. I have no idea why they were playing Britney Spears after the game.

Also, I had no idea it was so damn late, until they said "Good Morning from Michigan Stadium." I looked at my phone and saw it was after midnight.

the clocks in my car were still set to central time, so I got confused again when I saw that all the restaurants were closing and it wasn't even 1 am yet...

Yeah the *only* bad thing about our seats is that they were in the corner where the ND marching band was located and their FUGLY cheerleaders kept getting lifted up and blocking out view.

I lead a chant that got some steam once or twice and quite a few chuckles,

"Too many virgins" CLAP*CLAP ... *CLAP*CLAP*CLAP

I have to say, my voice at the end was just as non-existent as when Anthony Carter beat Indiana on homecoming. Despite the seemingly bad defense, the ending absolutely makes it one of the best of all time. It doesn't get much better than that. . . . and if I haven't used enough cliche's yet - it was an instant classic.

Although relatively new, I seriously enjoy the "It's great to be a Michigan Wolverine!!!" chant. We always did "Go Michigan . . . Beat Ohio!!" as we walked back with the band to Revelli Hall.

Tailgate wasn't anything extra special though. The group of alumni that I tailgate with go all out for just about every game with a large HD TV and generator to show the game, deep friers, pancake breakfasts and a serious open bar. It is some serious work to pull off, but doesn't get any more gratifying than seeing everyone have such a good time. Finally got on the road home at about 2:00 AM, completely spent and exhausted. The pitch and catch by Robinson and Gallon, followed by Roundtree's TD will go down in history as one of the best - mark my words.

All I can say now is WOW! . . . and i will never forget the entire experience.

bigvic said:
Yeah the *only* bad thing about our seats is that they were in the corner where the ND marching band was located and their FUGLY cheerleaders kept getting lifted up and blocking out view.

Vic where were you at, because I was right by you. Section 11, row 12, seat 8.

uofm06marine said:
bigvic said:

Vic where were you at, because I was right by you. Section 11, row 12, seat 8.

Section 11, Row 10, Seats 18-24 or thereabouts. When Roundtree scored the winning TD, my wedding ring flew off my hand in celebration and caused a bit of commotion ... The lovely older lady in front of us found it pretty quickly and there was a smattering of applause. We must have seen one another at some point.

What Roundtree came down with that ball, my son and I grabbed each other and just jumped up and down and screamed "I Can't Believe It!!!" for a while. Then we stopped while they reviewed the play. Then when the call was confirmed, we hugged and jumped up and down and screamed some more. My voice is just now back to normal. I just keep looking at my kid the last couple of days and laughing and saying how we are never going to forget that game and that ending and being there together. Michigan football has really given my boy and me some exciting moments that we'll always remember. His first game at the Big House was the triple overtime last year against Illinois. GOD, I LOVE MICHIGAN FOOTBALL!!!

P.S. The opening part of that Eminem song, with 114,000 pom-poms keeping the beat together, was just so frigging cool. I HATE HIP HOP, but I downloaded that song off iTunes Sunday when we got home. Okay, I'll shut up now. I'm just still giddy over that game.

bigvic said:
Of all the RAWK, I would eliminate the Journey crap ..... but of course the gratuitous (and fictional) "South Detroit" makes everyone get fired up!

I. Fucking. Hate. Journey.

I fucking HATE Journey.

I FUCKING HATE JOURNEY!

It never fails. You go out to a bar on Friday/Saturday night. Everyone is drinking, having a good time. Then some faggot puts his 50 cents into the juke box and starts up a gay ass Journey song.

Fucking Journey. God I fucking hate 'em.

Sorry. Hit a nerve. Please continue making those of us who weren't able to attend feel extremely jealous.

I'm glad to hear someone else hates that song/band. I can't stand them, along with bands like bon jovi, styx, and all 80's hair metal bands.

In college, one of my friends used to call me "the guy who hates everything everyone else likes"

I really really hate that song "Livin on a Prayer." When people start singing that, I leave.

Johnny used to work on the dock,
Union's been on strike and he's down on his luck
It's tough, oh, so tough

Gina works the diner all day
workin' for the man, she brings home her pay
for love, for love

She says we've gota hold on to what we've got
it doesn't make a difference if we make it or not
we've got eachother, and that's a lot for love,
We'll give it a shot.

Ohhhh were half way there....
Ohhhh-O, Livin' on a prayerrrr
Take my hand, and we'll make it I swear,,,
Ohhh-O Livin' on a prayer.

I think it was by far the loudest crowd i have ever been a part of at a Michigan game. When my wife and I entered the stadium and we were handed the pom pom I really didnt even want to take it. Once the game started and 115000 people were matching the beat to the piped in music or The Victors with them it was really fricking awesome...what an incredible finish...I have been blessed to see some great ones like the Washington game... Notre Dame 2 years ago... but this one was even more special somehow....loved the night atmosphere...was lucky and did not have a lot of drunken idiots or Notre Dame fans around me...

I have been to 3 U of M games. My first one was the 05 Penn st game in which Manningham won it on the last play. Then an Indiana blow out now under the lights. I am still smiling. It was just an incredible evening. I would have had a great time had we not come back but when we did and in the way we won it. Even my friend who went with me said he had never felt the stadium have so much electricity in it before the game. It was a giant party attended by 115,000 of my closest friends. Well minus the ND fans of coarse.

Back