Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stan Van Gundy New coach and president

also have the Channel 7 app on my phone. received it there as well

The guy is just a flat out winner. I was already excited enough about it, but I just keep getting more and more pumped thinking about the possibility that he can pump blood into this stagnant organization.

Now we just have to hope that the Pistons keep their pick. Lottery is next Tuesday.

We have a coach players want to play for. I don't love the combo coach/ president

Van Gundy to coach, run front office
Updated: May 13, 2014, 10:02 PM ET
By Marc Stein | ESPN.com
EMAIL
PRINT
The Detroit Pistons have reached an agreement in principle with Stan Van Gundy to make him their new coach and president of basketball operations, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday night that Van Gundy and the Pistons have verbally agreed to a five-year pact worth an estimated $35 million, with an official announcement on course for this week.

Sbee, at this point, I don't really care about him having the pres role. This organization has been lifeless for so long, they need a change.

I would have never thought we could have attracted a real coach at this point in time. Very nice hire.

Sweet, finally got a REAL coach for the Pistons.

Worst job in the world plus president of operations will always be better than the best coaching job in the world with no power. Esp when the best job just fired a 50 game winning coach (golden state).

Wouldn't mind replacing Monroe with a SF who can shoot and rebound. We could use a stretch 4, and while I hated seeing Smith jack up threes as a SF, I might be open to seeing him doing it as a PF.

Monroe is a terrible defender, and he has zero range as a shooter. As bad a signing as Josh Smith has looked so far, he might actually be ideal as a PF for us. He can defend, he can rebound, and he can at least occasionally hit the long shot, which would help to spread the floor for us.

Doak, if I remember this correctly, Josh Smith set an all-time record for worst season shooting from three. He's got a horrible shot. If he's not driving the rim, he's a liability on offense. His defense and rebounding is fine. His attitude also sucks six ways from Sunday. I don't want to see him on this team next season. The PF in today's NBA needs to be able to stretch the D, and Smith doesn't stretch anything. I think both him and Monroe need to go.

Doak, if I remember this correctly, Josh Smith set an all-time record for worst season shooting from three. He's got a horrible shot. If he's not driving the rim, he's a liability on offense. His defense and rebounding is fine. His attitude also sucks six ways from Sunday. I don't want to see him on this team next season. The PF in today's NBA needs to be able to stretch the D, and Smith doesn't stretch anything. I think both him and Monroe need to go.

I agree with most of this. but SMith would be better on the perimeter if he was going up against 4s instead of 3s. He got dominated on the perimeter by 3s. He needs to be a 4 for us. Monroe I like....but hes the only piece we have that might be worth a darn. shop him for a small forward....and see what ya can get.

Hughes, the bottom line is that I don't want Smith anywhere on the perimeter. He needs to attack the rim. But, he can't. He loves his jump shot too much, and that's not going to change at this stage of his career.

Back