Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stan Van Gundy New coach and president

Hughes, the bottom line is that I don't want Smith anywhere on the perimeter. He needs to attack the rim. But, he can't. He loves his jump shot too much, and that's not going to change at this stage of his career.

Get used to it...every GM in the league knew this about him last year except our ridiculous GM who overpays for that brand of basketball. Not going to be able to move him...were stuck with him the same way we were stuck with the Charlie V contract. Dumars was awful....one big mistake is too much in the NBA. He made like atleast 4 or 5. Darko, Charlie V, Ben Gordon, Smith...

The miracle of Drummond falling to us is the only slight glimmer of hope we have. that and the contracts that are expiring over the next couple years.

I keep Monroe, you just dont trade young promising big men away. Id have to be overwhelmed by the offer

The big 3 with Smith, Monroe, Drummond doesn't work.

Fuck Dumars for signing Smith to that deal, it was totally pointless.

Now we have a debacle with what to do with Monroe, I think you have to try to do a sign and trade for a stretch 4 or a starting SF if you can't get rid of Smith somehow, someway. I just don't think there are any teams dumb/desperate enough to take Smith.

Seems like Monroe won't have his contract renewed. Speculation, but hopefully a sign and trade can be done, if anything. No need to throw another first out the window.

Piston's have great cap space coming up, should be interesting this off season.

As I dislike Monroe and Josh Smith equally, I unfortunately would rather see Smith here. At the very least, he is athletic and can run the floor. Monroe is such a stiff that really can't move or shoot. He's good around the rim, but so is Smith. It's going to be addition by subtraction.

Good luck to him, he's inheriting a mess. That said, I have always liked the guy and he seems to do a good job. Hope it works out.

If SFG really wants to impress everyone here, he needs to get a shooter and a first round draft pick for either Monroe or Smith. That would be impressive, particularly for Smith lol.

Back