Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Texas A&M to Capital One Bowl

I remember that Alamo Bowl well. A&M was mugging the Michigan receivers all game and getting away with it. That was in San Antonio Texas wasn't it. Hopefully on a neutral field and good officiating that wouldn't happen agian. I think the Michigan can win vs A&M if the O scores and doesn't shut down in the 2nd half.

GO BLUE!

Well, we already know that Borges will shut down the O for no explicable reason and that Hoke will defend him in the postgame press conference while wearing no shirt and having his arms folded while making 'madface.'

Last edited:
Well, we already know that Borges will shut down the O for no explicable reason and that Hoke will defend him in the postgame press conference while wearing no shirt and having his arms folded while making 'madface.'

Come on Hungry, that's an exaggeration! No shirt? Coach Hoke always wears a shirt.

That scrawny little fuck from NYC hit about his first twelve tosses in a row...

CBS Sportsline projecting Michigan vs. Mississippi State in the Gator Bowl.

Looking at MSU's schedule/results, they got blown out 3 times (LSU, 'Bama, Texas A&M) and lost by a field goal to Ole Miss.

CBS Sportsline projecting Michigan vs. Mississippi State in the Gator Bowl.

Interesting, I'm not sure why the outback would have Northwestern over us. While they do have 1 more win, they certainly don't have the fan base that we do. That would be silly IMO. But I guess if the cap one takes NW over Neb than the outback has to take Neb.

But on the other hand, we could beat MSU and I don't know how we'll we'd do against an LSU/Georgia/A&M

Last edited:
The win by Wiscy throws the B1G bowl projections into the air. What a season for the B1G.

Now that all games are done and over with, CBS Sportsline projects Michigan vs. Vanderbilt in the Gator Bowl.

Does the Gator Bowl get to choose before the Outback Bowl? If so, this makes sense, but it appears Cap 1 Bowl chooses (Nebraska) then the Outback Bowl gets next selection, and though UM has one fewer win than does Northwestern, IIRC, a team can leapfrog over another as long as they are within one win. I have a hard time believing a bowl would take N'Western over UM. If UM does leapfrog N'Western, then CBS has UM facing South Carolina in the Outback.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

EDIT: Seems rumblings indicate that the Cap One Bowl may take Northwestern over Nebraska. That bumps Nebraska down to Outback and then UM to Gator. Quite frankly, I don't care much about going to any one of those three bowls over the other. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all three are on New Year's Day, Outback at 11am, Cap One and Gator both at 1pm. I'd rather see UM play at 1 than at 11am. Send Denard off with a W, and start getting ready for Spring ball with Gardner at QB and a downhill "Man Ball" running game that hopefully Borges doesn't fuck up.

Last edited:
This is what Stewart Mandel says on SI.com:

Wisconsin's win shakes up the Big Ten's expected Florida bowl lineup. The Capital One Bowl had coveted Michigan, but neither that game nor the Outback Bowl can take the eight-win Wolverines over the 10-win Huskers. If the Capital One Bowl opts for 9-3 Northwestern to face 10-2 Texas A&M, Nebraska will fall to the Outback. That would likely send South Carolina plummeting to the Gator, because the Gamecocks faced the Huskers last year, and the Chick-fil-A Bowl is obligated to select South Carolina's rival, Clemson, from the ACC.

I wonder what he means when he says the Cap One and Outback can't take 8-win Michigan over 10-win Nebraska. Does he mean there is a rule, or that those bowls couldn't [gasp] take an 8 win team over a 10 win team.

The rule is that a team can't be chosen over a higher team if they have 2 fewer wins or 2 more losses. So by rule, 8 win team A can't be chosen over 10 win team B.

Back